Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone tried the lucas atf additive?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 08:23 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone tried the lucas atf additive?

I was working on my friends beast of a vehicle 91' toyota previa. His transmission slips like no other so in a last ditch effort we bought some of that lucas oil atf additive and dumped it in there. well it works like a charm now and nothing slips.

well on to my vehicle. every once and a while the transmission starts to act goofy. I am thinking about adding a bottle of that atf additive to see what happens, since it worked on good on my friends van. I know people are here are pretty skeptical about additives and I am just curious for opinions and comments.

what do you guys think?
Old 07-14-2008, 06:02 PM
Teching In

I would be hesitant to put it in a good running trans. That stuff is a miracle worker for a trans that is about done, but on a newer one I"m not so sure it's a good idea. I have used it in several locals transmissions and it does work wonders if you have a trans slipping. Do you plan on doing a rebuild anytime soon?
Old 07-14-2008, 07:22 PM
On The Tree

that stop slip is awsome man i have seen several trans missions with burnt clutches go for several more miles .I used it a couple times works great
Old 07-15-2008, 12:44 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

we put that in my dads trashed TH400, it didnt have a 1st gear, and was a 3 speed. lol. it was terrible but it still worked with the help of that ****.

Quick Reply: anyone tried the lucas atf additive?