Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6l80e modifications help

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 03:59 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 6l80e modifications help

I have just purchased a 6l80e from pontiac g8 and its going into my 68 camaro. one problem that needs to be overcome is the outpu yoke arrangement is the 3 bolt type to suit IRS in the pontiac. This is short and will not support my live axle 9" setup in the camaro. The escalades and denali both have a slip yoke type setup with longer snout and slip yoke setup. My question is does anyone know the interchangable parts that are required for this conversion and where is the best place to purchase these. I have rang several gm dealers and none were helpful or even wanted to sell me a part. I am in australia and they all claim they cannot sell parts overseas (cpmpany policy). Any help would beappreciated thanks.

Phil
Old 07-13-2008, 07:13 PM
11 Second Club

Try Scoggin/Dickey in Texas.800-456-0211. I think they are a sponsor, here. They've gotton me out of a jam or two.
Old 07-14-2008, 03:23 AM
Teching In

Thanks for the tip will try to call them tomorrow
Old 07-14-2008, 10:04 AM
11 Second Club

Phil,

Believe you've seen the below picture I posted showing my 6L80E yoke which is from a GMC truck. I don't know if all the 6L80 truck yokes are the same are not, but wouldn't say this one is swap friendly. Had to enlarge tunnel to get it to fit. Then to make sure I could drop transmission with body on, bolted body on and then did an R&RI just to make sure.

If using your existing yoke is a matter of having to make a new drive shaft, I'd just bite the bullet and do it.

One other place you might find help is Mark at Street & Performane. They have experience with 6L80 transmission swaps. He may at least be able to point you in the right direction or know a customer that has the same problem and worked thur it.

http://hotrodlane.cc/

Jere

Quick Reply: 6l80e modifications help