Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Performabuilt: 2 Word Review : Top Notch

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 05:11 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Performabuilt: 2 Word Review : Top Notch

I just wanted to post up here and let everyone know how amazing my experience with Peformabuilt and Frank was. I ordered my new Stage 2 trans from them a few weeks ago. 5 days after I placed my order my doorbell rang one afternoon so I answered the door and there was the delivery guy with my transmission, I was amazed it was already to me and ready to go.

A few days before the install I had lots of questions so I gave frank a call and talked to him about my questions and he answered every one of them. I did the install 2 days ago and even during the install there were a couple things I had problems with and I called up Frank and he walked me through exactly what I needed to do to resolve the problems.

Yesterday after the install was done my friend and I took the car out for a test drive and noticed that it would shift into 2nd gear and not shift out of 2nd. Once again I called Frank up and told him what was going on and he helped me diagnose the problem. The problem ended up being Shift solenoid B was grounding itself so it would not shut off when it was suppose to. He walked me through how to replace the shift solenoid and this solved the problem. The transmission is shifting great now with nice crisp firm shifts and feels so much better than the stocker.

So in closing, my review of Frank and Peformabuilt transmissions is that they are Top Notch. Frank is an amazingly nice guy who truly cares about his customers and wants to make sure they are happy. I highly recommend anybody who is looking for a new transmission give Frank over at Peformabuilt a call! You won't be sorry.
Old 09-19-2008, 06:11 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good deal.
Old 09-19-2008, 06:20 PM
10 Second Club

nice man!! i have about 10k miles on a level 3 and it hasnt skipped a beat!
Old 09-19-2008, 11:25 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

cool and thanks sorry there was and issue with the solenoid our dyno does not ground the case so would not have caught that but thats being fixed

Call 888-744-6542

Old 09-20-2008, 04:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

I agree with performabuilt being excellent with their transmission and customer service. I got a level 1 for an lt1 almost 2 years ago, only issue I had with it was the same shift solonoid problem, a phone call and I had a new part in a couple days, I've been running a 200+ shot on this trans since it went in the car, and it's never skipped a beat. I will definetly be calling you in the near future to upgrade!