Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l60e/p0785

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 03:28 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 4l60e/p0785

traded my truck for a 97 ws6 A4 formula, the SES light was on when i got it but the transmission shifted fine. I work at a dealership and pull the codes, other than an air pump code i had a p0785(shift timing/solenoid). It just turned cold here, and since i've been having problems. The light was on for weeks and didn't have any problems except once. Now that it's cold it wants to go into limp mode(only have 3rd gear). Once it's warm i can turn it off and back on and it drives through all gears fine. I came across a TSB saying that an incorrectly installed alarm or remote start and cause that code, which i have several wires snipped under my steering column where and alarm was installed(need wiring diagram to reconnect, already have partial harness from junkyard car). A tech here also said it could be from oil getting into the connector on top of the transmission, i do have several leaks, so that is totally possible. Any other ideas or fixes would be awesome, i need this as a daily driver and can't be broke down on the highway. Any insight to my problems???
Old 10-26-2008, 08:33 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It is possible that your alarm/remote start was wired incorrectly. Because of this a limp mode for the trans is being caused. I have seen it happen many times. Try when you use the remote start to turn the car off and then restart it. If it works fine then I would say that you need to have the alarm rewired and tell the guy wiring the alarm not to use a wire for the trans this time around. Vince

Quick Reply: 4l60e/p0785