Automotive Careers Looking for an automotive job or employees?

Question about car sales

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 08:34 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pretyflywiteguy
I had a lot of fun at my dealership. .
I heard jakes dad post about having fun too... Maybe this is a big thing missing in my dealership. Our General Sales Manager makes it a point to **** ALL over us every second he gets. He would just stay silent if you did a really good job (yah know sell the car at sticker or something) He is under the impression that things can always be done better.. and everything is the sales persons fault no matter what.. so you always feel like **** about yourself.. anyway you get the point.. its not a lot of fun... ever
Old 07-08-2008, 09:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sciff5
I heard jakes dad post about having fun too... Maybe this is a big thing missing in my dealership. Our General Sales Manager makes it a point to **** ALL over us every second he gets. He would just stay silent if you did a really good job (yah know sell the car at sticker or something) He is under the impression that things can always be done better.. and everything is the sales persons fault no matter what.. so you always feel like **** about yourself.. anyway you get the point.. its not a lot of fun... ever
lol i still party with my general sales manager (who is now a retail strategist) and some of my old sales managers even though i don't work there anymore. We grilled out every friday, threw the football around when it was slow,tell perverted jokes.. HR would have a heart attack if they bugged our sales office. I was actually teaching the GM/RS how to play guitar... in the dealership. I hated the hours but once I was there it wasn't that bad. An education is everything so I decided to leave, I would not hesitate to go back though.
Old 07-14-2008, 02:42 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In my opinion your boss is one of those managers that knows auto sales are down. He or she isn't capable of identifying the problems, and fixing them. So, you catch their XXXX. Many of my attitudes go back to when I was snot nose punk *** 18 year old in the military - 1965 - 1966. Now, I am just an old fart. It wasn't fun where we were. It wasn't fun what we were required to do. But we worked together because if we didn't not many of us made it home. Your manager can't manage outside of fear!!

Go sell yourself to another dealer. Be careful, read the BS you're being told about the dealer. The auto industry is in a crisis. But hell look around! The USA is in a crisis too. You can't fix that but you can find a dealership you like. First part requires a visit. On your day off go visit some dealerships. Don't drive anything. CHANGE THAT Better yet call the dealership, set an appointment. Don't buy anything see first had how this dealership is presented to you the customer. If you're impressed go back and talk to them.

Good luck - Jakes Dad
Old 07-21-2008, 09:40 AM
Banned

July sales suck!

Jakes Dad

p.s. you still need people to sell cars. grass is growing between the cars..
Old 07-23-2008, 03:31 PM
On The Tree

im in new car sales at a honda store in the dallas area and we're busy as a mf'er. ive delivered 14 cars so far this month. mostly civics which are selling at sticker all day long, so ive made a good month so far. should be @ 20 by the end of july.
Old 07-23-2008, 05:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 1996Formula
im in new car sales at a honda store in the dallas area and we're busy as a mf'er. ive delivered 14 cars so far this month. mostly civics which are selling at sticker all day long, so ive made a good month so far. should be @ 20 by the end of july.

How do I answer this American?

Yep, Honda Civics sticker for 15 to 21K. Cobalts sticker for 14 to 19.6. Honda has better scores, one dot per JD Powers in Performance and Design, Performance, Comfort, Features Instrument Panal, and Style. Is a Honda worth sticker? One dot better sticker vs. discount and lower interest rates? Not to mention the US factor. No damn wonder Jap kids out perform American kids in Math and Science They, the Japs, are smarter in automobile design also. I've often wondered why they need sales associates to sell Hondas? Christ they sell themselves. Sticker to boot. Sorry, not my money

Jakes Dad
Old 07-24-2008, 01:55 PM
11 Second Club

Where the **** do you work?

THe local honda store down the road from me is the number 1 volume honda dealership in the world. Called Boch Honda and they regularly sell cars at invoice, sometimes below.
Old 07-25-2008, 08:44 AM
Banned

This guy isn't going to answer anyone because he is selling Hondas at stricker. In my area, and as pointed out in his area, they sell at and below invoice. Guess he is a closer!!

Perhaps his buddies at the Honda store put him up to making the original post to attract attention and get a reaction - WORKED

He'll walk on my lot or perhaps someone elses someday. He'll look at the sales associate and tell them their car is OVERPRICED. He'll tell them he knows the car business. He'll look for a reaction.

Here is rest of this story:

September 12, 2007 this guy said he needed a job. I guess it would suck to be out of work the day before your birthday. This current Honda sales associate was born September 13, 1984. He said he had experience in Mortgage, IT, and construction. At 23 he had burned through three different careers, what a catch! Was looking for something where he could make $15.00 per hour, his words. In my opinion commission sales associates are never satisfied making 15.00 or 1500.00 per hour. Now, he is in the car business making his mark selling SUPID PEOPLE HONDAS AT STICKER. - his words!

Hopefully we'll hear from the Honda Sales Associate. Hopefully before he looks for his next job.

Jakes Dad
Old 07-25-2008, 10:50 AM
Banned

Slow - Hell, I don't even have people coming in on day off anymore.

If you're in the car business you need to come up with something UNIQUE to your style. You can talk to people, provide them great information, give them a card etc. If I get a customer in the door they set next to me as I provide more information to them. They might not remember my name. The old guy with the full head of grey hair. Even someone looking at Hondas will remember my desk.

Jakes Dad
Old 07-25-2008, 11:19 AM
Banned

I am not good at this high tech internet stuff. I changed the picture associated with my posts to my 1955 Chevrolet nose clip thats my desk but it didn't change when I posted.

Doesn't matter everyone knows what the front end of a 55 looks like. Harder to figure out selling Hondas at sticker.

Jakes Dad
Old 07-28-2008, 10:58 AM
TECH Veteran

Hey Jakes Dad why do you make it a point to attack a guy who just posted that he is having a good month selling cars? Did he ever imply that his cars were better than yours?
Old 07-28-2008, 01:24 PM
Banned

This question was why make fun of a 20 car month?

My first post, 2 hours after the original post spoke about the difference between a Honda Civic and a Chevrolet Cobalt.

The Honda sales associate said he was selling his Hondas at sticker. Sticker is posted on the window of Cobalts. Thats where that ends. Someone else said he also sells Hondas, same town, and his aren't being sold at sticker.

As I beat myself up, wondering why Hondas sold at sticker? I thought I might try a little personal history on the poster. So many folks, customers, posters, friends, neighbors, etc. just can't tell the truth.

I hoped the person might be capable of discussing Hondas vs. whatever. If any sales associate can't debate the benefits of thier product via the internet. What will they do in person? If they don't know anyting about their product and are selling at sticker and they have been in the business less than a year. What would you think?

Hopefully the reason we haven't heard from this person is they are busy. Perhaps approaching 30 or 40 units at sticker. Go for it!!

Jakes Dad
Old 07-28-2008, 07:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I sold all my cars at sticker...

no haggle dealership
Old 07-29-2008, 12:15 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Pretyflywiteguy
I sold all my cars at sticker...

no haggle dealership
Is that even really car sales?

Do you at least get to work people on their trade?
Old 07-29-2008, 03:43 PM
Banned

Is that even really car sales?

Do you at least get to work people on their trade?

No to your question - The auto industry is in the position it's in today because there have been millions and millions of hoars in the business fuxxxxx customers right and left for years.

Now the industry is paying for it. Why do I say that? First, because it's true. 75% of the time the sales associate that sold you your last vehicle doesn't sell cars. 75% of the time you won't go back to the same dealer because somehow they screwed you in service. and no one fixed your issue. No brand loyality. I could go on but I won't. I am only upsetting myself more than normal.

Jakes Dad
Old 07-30-2008, 12:05 AM
On The Tree

Where the **** do you work?

THe local honda store down the road from me is the number 1 volume honda dealership in the world. Called Boch Honda and they regularly sell cars at invoice, sometimes below.
well no ****, if theyre whoring out cars like that, id expect them to be up there LOL
Old 07-30-2008, 12:11 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Jakes Dad
Here is rest of this story:

September 12, 2007 this guy said he needed a job. I guess it would suck to be out of work the day before your birthday. This current Honda sales associate was born September 13, 1984. He said he had experience in Mortgage, IT, and construction. At 23 he had burned through three different careers, what a catch! Was looking for something where he could make $15.00 per hour, his words. In my opinion commission sales associates are never satisfied making 15.00 or 1500.00 per hour. Now, he is in the car business making his mark selling SUPID PEOPLE HONDAS AT STICKER. - his words!

Hopefully we'll hear from the Honda Sales Associate. Hopefully before he looks for his next job.

Jakes Dad
lol what a super sleuth!!!!!! i was looking for a job on sep 12 because i had just moved to dfw after the mortgage company i was working for closed up shop in california and i wanted a change. my dad is a general contractor and i worked with him summers and after school when i was in high school. any other things i can clear up for you?
Old 07-30-2008, 12:14 AM
On The Tree

Now, he is in the car business making his mark selling SUPID PEOPLE HONDAS AT STICKER.
oh the irony!!
Old 07-30-2008, 12:17 AM
On The Tree

This question was why make fun of a 20 car month?

My first post, 2 hours after the original post spoke about the difference between a Honda Civic and a Chevrolet Cobalt.

The Honda sales associate said he was selling his Hondas at sticker. Sticker is posted on the window of Cobalts. Thats where that ends. Someone else said he also sells Hondas, same town, and his aren't being sold at sticker.

As I beat myself up, wondering why Hondas sold at sticker? I thought I might try a little personal history on the poster. So many folks, customers, posters, friends, neighbors, etc. just can't tell the truth.

I hoped the person might be capable of discussing Hondas vs. whatever. If any sales associate can't debate the benefits of thier product via the internet. What will they do in person? If they don't know anyting about their product and are selling at sticker and they have been in the business less than a year. What would you think?

Hopefully the reason we haven't heard from this person is they are busy. Perhaps approaching 30 or 40 units at sticker. Go for it!!

Jakes Dad

do i need to post some deal recaps or something? lol i have absolutely no reason to lie to some people i don't even know. never mind, you will probably just say i photoshopped them.
Old 07-30-2008, 12:03 PM
Banned

do i need to post some deal recaps or something? lol i have absolutely no reason to lie to some people i don't even know. never mind, you will probably just say i photoshopped them.

No need to photo copy anything, I KNOW WHAT GROSS IS. If I were your manager I would shake your hand, if 20 cars in your dealership is a good month. As I was shaking your hand "I WOULD ASK YOU WHAT I COULD DO TO ASSIST YOU NEXT MONTH IN DOING THE SAME OR BETTER." Jakes Dad Inform the board what your manager does at the end of your month.

Lee IACOCCOA before becoming Chrysler chairman sold Fords. Dave Thomas, before founding Wendys worked in the Chicken business. You might be the next success story in the car business. GOOD LUCK I normally shy away from working for second and third generation car store owners. Successful people are successful people. Shouldn't depend on the direction spirm swim.
For many of you that last statement might be hard for you to understand.

If your deals are all sticker I am happy for you. I posted because I am Jealous of you. I sell Chevrolets. I understand there are other brands out there. I work my *** off for every car deal. I SCREW NO ONE BECAUSE I DON'T SCREW PEOPLE.................................. I didn't learn that from any church or school. I am who I am you are who you are good luck!!

Jakes Dad

Quick Reply: Question about car sales