Automotive Careers Looking for an automotive job or employees?

21 and want to learn

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 01:47 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 21 and want to learn

I'm 21, I have been around cars my whole life, and I'm a hard worker. I just want to become more knowledgeable and learn and be able to open my own shop one day.

Looking for a good start...I'm located in California and i would be willing to go anywhere.

I want to build hot rods, or do something with fab or muscle cars...love speed..

I'm a hard worker and I'm willing to put in 65 hours a week if thats what it takes. You wont regret giving me a chance!

- shot me a PM...thanks
Jesse
Old 03-24-2008, 02:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Do you have ANY automotive tech school under your belt? You will need to have SOME tech school training before someone hires you to build cars.
Old 03-24-2008, 04:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

+1 on the tech school. without it you wont make **** for money.

the place i worked at didnt pay me or the other kid working there hardly anything. the 2 guys that got paid the most was 1. the lazy guy that was in college with an internship.
2. my bosses brother in law. how ironic?

as for me i quit that place and im now going to be going to tech school this summer.

building hot rods and restoring classic cars is a very very picky practice and takes lots of skills. more than just a regular body shop. more than just a regular engine shop. you have to know what your doing and no one will hire anyone to build $150k cars with no experience at all. go to tech school, get your education, and then try to find your job and a lot of times the schools will help you find a job, and get you lined out and going. good luck.
Old 03-24-2008, 05:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Great advice ^
Old 03-24-2008, 02:20 PM
Staging Lane

thanks guys...

Quick Reply: 21 and want to learn