Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

Revealed - Nissan GT-R SpecV

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 06:34 PM
12 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

You throw in comments like that anytime anyone says anything negative about a japanese company.

So what if someone says the gtr is a piece of ****. Tell them why its not.

Anyways I know your a import nut swinger. Everyone knows but you. Your like the guy that wacks off to gay **** but denies being gay (Braincandy reference).

Its okay to come out of the closet.
Old 02-23-2009, 08:52 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ss1129
You throw in comments like that anytime anyone says anything negative about a japanese company.

So what if someone says the gtr is a piece of ****. Tell them why its not.

Anyways I know your a import nut swinger. Everyone knows but you. Your like the guy that wacks off to gay **** but denies being gay (Braincandy reference).

Its okay to come out of the closet.
Ha, great post!
Old 02-23-2009, 10:25 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Older than I would gather you are from that post.
So, you're denying being a fanboy to any degree?
Old 02-23-2009, 10:37 PM
***Repost Police***

Do I believe that some cars are inherently made better than others? Absolutely. But I'm not a "fanboy" by ANY means. I've owned two Fords, a Honda, an Acura, and a Nissan. But like I said, some of my favorite cars are made by GM.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:09 AM
10 Second Club

Question

Originally Posted by 25psi
Should we help an automaker that supposedly might night be in business?
I don't know...

Should we not help a child who is very ill?
Should we not fix the roof in our home when it's leaking water?
Should we not support our military even if they're losing a battle during war?
Should we not attempt to suppress/subdue an intruder when he/she comes into our home and threatens our family's safety/security?

You tell me.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:11 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ss1129
Lots of people here have problems with him. (should I list them?)

Its like me going to a ford website or a ******* honda site just posting vids of American cars beating their cars. Then telling them why GM is better. Why doesnt he just go where he will be wanted?

Ill tell you why, because he likes comming on here and being a jerkoff.

To be honest, I dont really understand why you post here so much either. You dont own nor did you or plan to own a lsx based vehicle and constantly praise imports too.

Im not saying you guys dont have as much right to post here as me, Im just saying its ******* stupid and doesnt make much sense.
I kinda have to agree with ya on this one.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:35 AM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by LS1LT1
I don't know...

Should we not attempt to suppress/subdue an intruder when he/she comes into our home and threatens our family's safety/security?

You tell me.
You take things a bit too far. Constantly. I wonder how many of GM's employees are educated enough to get a job that pays them nearly as well as their UAW jobs do if GM goes under. Because yes it would be a tragedy for all those people to be unemployed, but didn't anyone elses parents/grandparents ever tell them, "Don't put all your eggs in one basket?" Why did anyone think it was a good idea for that many people to be employed by ONE company?
Old 02-24-2009, 09:59 AM
Teching In

What was this thread about again?

O yeah, V-Spec GTR. Sounds a bit overpriced but I'm sure the changes will make a hell of a difference around the track.
Old 02-24-2009, 10:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by LS1LT1
I don't know...

You tell me.
We have social progrmans to take care of sick children.

Are you suggesting we need social programs to run our capitalist businesses?

If so then I think you might be suited to live elsewhere.
Old 02-24-2009, 10:39 AM
TECH Regular

I'm sorry but I agree that the GTR's Launch Control and Nurburgring time are more or less BS and I actually like Nissan (as well as other car manufacturers) as much as GM products.

If you look at the GTR's laptimes from an unbiased POV then you do see something wrong.

On the tricky short courses (leguna Seca, Anglesey National, Willow Springs) the GTR always edges out the C6 Z06, but only by a fraction of a second...

I don't see how that could translate into a 13 second time gap on the nordschleife, where there are as many long straits as there are tricky chicanes and tight hairpins...

As for the GTR's Launch Control, this vid is a favorite of mine:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOAXJTTc__w

BTW, I hear that Nissan has removed the launch feature on their newest batch of GTRs
Old 02-24-2009, 01:12 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by DiscerningZ32
I'm sorry but I agree that the GTR's Launch Control and Nurburgring time are more or less BS and I actually like Nissan (as well as other car manufacturers) as much as GM products.

If you look at the GTR's laptimes from an unbiased POV then you do see something wrong.

On the tricky short courses (leguna Seca, Anglesey National, Willow Springs) the GTR always edges out the C6 Z06, but only by a fraction of a second...

I don't see how that could translate into a 13 second time gap on the nordschleife, where there are as many long straits as there are tricky chicanes and tight hairpins...

As for the GTR's Launch Control, this vid is a favorite of mine:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOAXJTTc__w

BTW, I hear that Nissan has removed the launch feature on their newest batch of GTRs

The lap time was originally 7:38, or just 2 seconds quicker then the Z06 time. After months of hot lapping Toshio Suzuki who is an extremely well qualified pro driver was able to bring it down to the 7:29 it now sits at.

And Nissan did not remove LC on the 09 GTRs, they revised it. LC is now even more effective and less wear on the gears....more reliable and faster now
Old 02-24-2009, 01:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

You make it sound like Jan is some ape smashing bananas into the Corvette steering wheel. Seriously. The 7:29 time is pure and unadulterated bullshit.
Old 02-24-2009, 01:54 PM
***Repost Police***

In general, almost any time at the Nurburgring could be improved dramatically. Since the track is so big, even the weather varies from one end to the other. So I don't really find it unbelievable that a professional driver could find an extra 9 seconds on a 12 mile track over the course of several months worth of testing.
Old 02-24-2009, 05:26 PM
12 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

How often does weather vary in about a 6 mile radius? Honestly.

However, I guess you could knock 9 seconds off the lap time over 3 months just by learning the course and the car better.
Old 02-24-2009, 05:58 PM
***Repost Police***

If you read up on the track you'll see that it's often perfectly clear on one part of the track, foggy on another part, and raining on another. I mean, we are talking about the mountains of Germany here.
Old 02-24-2009, 06:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
In general, almost any time at the Nurburgring could be improved dramatically. Since the track is so big, even the weather varies from one end to the other. So I don't really find it unbelievable that a professional driver could find an extra 9 seconds on a 12 mile track over the course of several months worth of testing.
While I agree with this statement here, your not going to knock 9 seconds off the already hard to believe 7:38 time for a 3800lbs car with a claimed <500hp, and runflat tires.
Old 02-24-2009, 08:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
While I agree with this statement here, your not going to knock 9 seconds off the already hard to believe 7:38 time for a 3800lbs car with a claimed <500hp, and runflat tires.
I've never driven a C6Z before, so I'm assuming I wouldn't run nearly the time Ranger has. I would bet I could muster a mid 12 or possible better on my first couple of tries. The difference between me and Ranger is 1.5 seconds on a 1/4 mile track. So you're telling me on a 12 mile track, 9 sec. isn't possible after 6 months of testing?
Old 02-24-2009, 08:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 25psi
I've never driven a C6Z before, so I'm assuming I wouldn't run nearly the time Ranger has. I would bet I could muster a mid 12 or possible better on my first couple of tries. The difference between me and Ranger is 1.5 seconds on a 1/4 mile track. So you're telling me on a 12 mile track, 9 sec. isn't possible after 6 months of testing?
Its possible in the same sense that it would be possible for a bone stock GTR to run 9s in the 1/4 mile because someone has been testing it on that track for 6 months.
Old 02-24-2009, 08:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

You can only get so much out of a car. There's a point where you'll start reaching diminished returns, and another point where you won't be able to get anything else out of it. At 7:38 for a 3800lb, 480hp car, you're pretty damn close to the point of diminished returns. You're not going to be picking up 9 seconds without a boost in power.

You and I have had this discussion multiple times, and you continually ignore the video clip of the back straight when run side-by-side with the ZR-1 video. The GTR goes into the back straight about 4-5 seconds behind, and comes out of the back straight 4-5 seconds behind. I don't know what you're smoking that makes you think a 3800lb 480hp car can keep up with a 3300lb 638hp car in a straight line. Go look it up. I've posted it about 7 times already. Like I said before, the claim of a 7:29 lap in stock trim is pure and unadulterated bullshit.
Old 02-24-2009, 08:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

double post FTL!

Also, that 2nd paragraph was directed at 25psi.

Quick Reply: Revealed - Nissan GT-R SpecV