Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

2010 Hennessey Z700 - Corvette ZR1

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 09:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

o haha yea i already knew that.... thought you guys meant that by something else.. whatever. i have heard about customers but products i havent heard anything bad with.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Spoolin
Hennessey has a really really bad reputation with customers and product...YOU look it up!
I lost track of how many Viper owners have filed suits against him...

Originally Posted by masterz28
Has anyone called him an idiot thief to his face yet?
I think there have been a few people show up at his shop....

Originally Posted by Blackened2k
Thief maybe, but idiot hardly. He's the one getting money handed to him.
What about all the law suits???? Even if he is wining them he is having to fork ou tmoney for lawayers

Last edited by JUICED96Z; 09-01-2009 at 09:39 PM.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:37 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by DoggyB22
if i had the money to spend id GET IT! yea its a lot but think about it. you would be 1 of 24 people who own it. Guarantee Jay Leno will get one! he will probably be the first again.... LUCKY BASTARD!

and i missed it what did Hennessey steal? an hes def not an idiot. he builds some bad *** cars. ever heard of the Dodge Hennessey Viper Venom 1000....???? LOOK IT UP!

1,000 hp
1,100 lb tq
0-60 in 2.9 sec
0-200 in 20 sec
top speed 255mph

beat the OOO so fabulous Bugatti Veyron.... AKA $1,000,000 car!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsdvmcfLmBY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0AJLWH_p_g&feature=fvw
The first for what? The first to own a ZR1? You mean the one with the really expensive paint...... he never owned that one........ at best I think he told a friend about it.

Go to some of the Viper forums and do a search for John Hennesy and see what you find I tink one forum banned him but I can't remember.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:53 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MANY people have called him worse than a idiot infact several outta town customers have shown up with bats to beat him to a pulp ..and people who were in litigation couldnt speak about it or disclose anything on the internet for obvious reasons

THIS IS FACT

problem is he shut shop changed his corp named and found god (and settled outta court with many customers for a BIG BIG loss.... for them) Its also because it so hard to prove alot of things once a customers car leaves his shops for example "how do we know you didnt change out the billets rods just to sue me" type of situation or "that was really your 14,000 dollar hood he just sold while he craped you a 6k hennessey hood blah blah blah"

why is he making money?? well i think its three things

1. hes good at marketing

2. he finds a rich basketball/old oil man/ idiot who will let him pimp his car, with alot of money thrown at it and does his car right....... cuz the pro gimp is repeat biz and just ripped off a little at a time normally and not smart bout cars

3. forgets about the "avg guy" who worked all his/her life to buy a Hennessey "dream car" onlyfind out he/she got ripped......then promise he will fix it for two years then avoid litigation for a year or two and settle for pennies

while you sell the stock parts you ripped off the car on EBAY baby.

doggyb22 you cant handle the truth!!!!!!!
Old 09-01-2009, 09:54 PM
Launching!

by the way ive known hennessey since 1992 and how he rips people off since 1995
Old 09-01-2009, 10:14 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by masterz28
Has anyone called him an idiot thief to his face yet?
Originally Posted by abbaskhan
MANY people have called him worse than a idiot infact several outta town customers have shown up with bats to beat him to a pulp ..and people who were in litigation couldnt speak about it or disclose anything on the internet for obvious reasons

THIS IS FACT

problem is he shut shop changed his corp named and found god (and settled outta court with many customers for a BIG BIG loss.... for them) Its also because it so hard to prove alot of things once a customers car leaves his shops for example "how do we know you didnt change out the billets rods just to sue me" type of situation or "that was really your 14,000 dollar hood he just sold while he craped you a 6k hennessey hood blah blah blah"

why is he making money?? well i think its three things

1. hes good at marketing

2. he finds a rich basketball/old oil man/ idiot who will let him pimp his car, with alot of money thrown at it and does his car right....... cuz the pro gimp is repeat biz and just ripped off a little at a time normally and not smart bout cars

3. forgets about the "avg guy" who worked all his/her life to buy a Hennessey "dream car" onlyfind out he/she got ripped......then promise he will fix it for two years then avoid litigation for a year or two and settle for pennies

while you sell the stock parts you ripped off the car on EBAY baby.

doggyb22 you cant handle the truth!!!!!!!

I heard that also about people showing up........ I hear he has pretty much shot himself in the foot with Viper owners... I assume that is why he is branching out.... Oh... this car is not much different then the new Camaro they are doing....
Old 09-01-2009, 10:52 PM
Launching!

i can name 3 people that showed up that i know
Old 09-02-2009, 02:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by JUICED96Z
The first for what? The first to own a ZR1? You mean the one with the really expensive paint...... he never owned that one........ at best I think he told a friend about it.

Go to some of the Viper forums and do a search for John Hennesy and see what you find I tink one forum banned him but I can't remember.
i believe Jay Leno has the very first one....? saw a video with the serial number saying 0001? your saying he doesnt own that? it just chills in his garage?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Upunh...embedded#t=220

ya i didnt know anything about the viper owners wanting to kick his ***.... but still makes fast cars. whether he rips customers off... whole different story.
Old 09-02-2009, 01:54 PM
TECH Addict

I don't think he is the original owner of it. I am pretty sure he bought it from a friend........ I could be wrong though.
Old 09-13-2009, 11:43 AM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well whether or not he is a rip off or con artist that two-story trailer he had in that video with the 1450hp Viper....Still has me drooling. So does the tow rig also just incredible....I guess thats what ripping millionaires off gets you.
Old 09-13-2009, 12:40 PM
Launching!

your right that is what is get you when you rip people off doesnt it seem like it

the housing market, banks, the econmy bail outs , iraq, oil companies, credit card intrest rates.....lets rip whoever we can!! what else???

im sure thats what the crooks all thought. They were thinking who cares look at what we will get in return!!!! billions of dollars or on a lesser note maybe a two story tow rig............. and ill be the MAN

look at madoff only in jail for what 150years in his 70's hmmmmmmm
and maybe he will pull some strings and get off in 20??
im sure there is a stash of cash somewhere

its a little bit of justice, but ripping someones hard earned money off in any degree is still ripping them off, or is it just the amount you can get away with.
what's the amount of cash that makes you smart or a thief ?

think about it when you get mugged for 50 bucks its the same reasoning that the madoffs and hennessey of the world use yet some how we admire these white collar thiefs in some manner or degree to be able to pull these scams off.

Last edited by abbaskhan; 09-13-2009 at 12:52 PM.
Old 09-13-2009, 12:57 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Everybody gets rewards, good or bad, for their actions. He'll get what's coming to him.
Old 09-21-2009, 01:41 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by DoggyB22
i believe Jay Leno has the very first one....? saw a video with the serial number saying 0001? your saying he doesnt own that? it just chills in his garage?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Upunh...embedded#t=220

ya i didnt know anything about the viper owners wanting to kick his ***.... but still makes fast cars. whether he rips customers off... whole different story.
Actually theres more than just 1 #1 ZR1 in a way. Theres the one that the guy payed $1,000,000 for #1 and the only one to be Le Mans blue i believe. And then Jay Leno has #2, but in a way its #1 since the real #1 is a special one in a way. Its one big cluster f*ck, but Lenos is #1 but in reality its #2.
-Joel
Old 09-21-2009, 07:10 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 2000Hawk
Actually theres more than just 1 #1 ZR1 in a way. Theres the one that the guy payed $1,000,000 for #1 and the only one to be Le Mans blue i believe. And then Jay Leno has #2, but in a way its #1 since the real #1 is a special one in a way. Its one big cluster f*ck, but Lenos is #1 but in reality its #2.
-Joel
Forgot all about that. I did not notice Jay's was not blue....... The pain on the blue one is insainly expensive.
Old 09-27-2009, 10:40 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by VIPRETR2
I'd rather have a cam only C6 Z06 that is not only faster but didn't have Hennessey touching it with his slimy little hands. I can't stand that f^<!#g thief.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/eastern-m...-cam-only.html

Larry
hells yeah dude, im with ya on that one. you spend that much on a vette, it should be a 7 sec car.... all your paying for is the name. but, i do like the viper inspired louvers on the hood..... NOT!

Quick Reply: 2010 Hennessey Z700 - Corvette ZR1