Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

Toyota recall number SIX for 2009...

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 01:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Blakbird24
Are you going for the all-time most ironic life award? You deserve it. Hell i'll be there to vote you into the irony hall of fame.
I forgot to laugh the first time I read it, maybe you can post it again and the second time around it will be funnier...

90% of what you post on this board is blantantly import-biased...yet you continue to point the bias finger at me. This is epic.
No, we just differ in opinions. If GM vehicles came equipped with dicks you'd be sucking them off at the dealership. You judge a car/company based on where it's from and the people that make it, not on what it can do and how it was made. That doesn't make me import-biased, it makes you a fan-boy.
Old 10-09-2009, 01:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Spoolin
You judge a car/company based on where it's from and the people that make it, not on what it can do and how it was made.
Yes, let's all praise Toyota's flawless build quality.

http://www.tundraheadquarters.com/bl...ra-frame-rust/
http://www.autoblog.com/2008/03/07/t...s-to-15-years/
http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news0...eleration.html
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...body-rips.html
http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news0...ta_tundra.html
http://www.productliabilitylawblog.c...its_forme.html
http://www.yotarepair.com/Sludge_Zone.html

So what you're saying is that I hate Toyota because it's Japanese, and not because they make crappy cars? Thank you for your brilliant insight.
Old 10-09-2009, 01:29 AM
Launching!

I'm with bboyferal on this. Toyota is where it is because of hard work in their design, engineering and advertising department. They build solid cars, and that's a fact. GM slacked in that department IN THE PAST which is why they have slipped in recent years. I know GM will/has/is rebounding but being happy about recalls a company is having to make is just lame!
Never seen a thread on here saying "GM recall number # for year xxxx" Give me a break.

Let's all make sure and respect what you have to say then...

Toyota is at because they hide their recalls from the media, here is a fun one:

http://www.lemonauto.com/complaints/...ta_sequoia.htm

and because of things like this:

http://www.npr.org/news/specials/gmvstoyota/

Interesting numbers there....
Old 10-09-2009, 02:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Fatbum
Toyota is at because they hide their recalls from the media, here is a fun one:

http://www.lemonauto.com/complaints/...ta_sequoia.htm

and because of things like this:

http://www.npr.org/news/specials/gmvstoyota/

Interesting numbers there....

I never understood how someone can hide recall information from the media. IMO it's more like the media made their token gesture to mention the recall and moved on with their program because that news doesn't sell. People want sensationalism when they turn on the news and GM going bankrupt always sells more than Toyota recalling x vehicles. Honestly, when it comes to recall news I hear the same amount of press on recalls regarding imports as I do domestics. I haven't noticed any prejudice towards one manufacture or another.
Also local news always out-sells world news, what's more interesting to you, a fire in your neighborhood that burned down a supermarket half a mile away or the same incident that happened on the Southern tip of Tierra del Feugo? GM/Ford/Dodge are American companies so of course our media is gonna be more in tune and interested with what happens with them, because in turn we are more interested in them.

Also Blackbird24 has also claimed that all Japanese businessmen are crooked and shady liars and that Nissan lies about it's cars and their power production.

Last edited by Spoolin; 10-09-2009 at 02:29 AM.
Old 10-09-2009, 02:27 AM
Launching!

I never understood how someone can hide recall information from the media. IMO it's more like the media made their token gesture to mention the recall and moved on with their program because that news doesn't sell. People want sensationalism when they turn on the news and GM going bankrupt always sells more than Toyota recalling x vehicles. Honestly, when it comes to recall news I hear the same amount of press on recalls regarding imports as I do domestics. I haven't noticed a biased regarding press associated with recall matters.

But then again I'm not looking for a story that isn't there either. Also Blackbird24 has also claimed that Nissan lies about it's cars and their power production, and that all Japanese businessmen are crooked and shady liars.

If you can comprehend that members of congress and the government in general lie and intentionally do things to provide support for their own careers and wallets, I'm sure you can come up with why someone would want Toyotas recalls to be less of an announcement compared to GMs recalls.

Nissan has been caught lying about their cars and power production. No I don't think all Japanese businessmen are crooked and shady, but those type of people exist everywhere.

Hondas are well built economy cars. Toyotas? Not so much. Not in my opinion anyway, but that's my opinion.
Old 10-09-2009, 02:31 AM
TECH Senior Member

When did I say they made flawless cars? Oh that's right I didn't!

If you need to mis-interpret what I write to create an argument then I'm at a loss for words.
Old 10-09-2009, 02:39 AM
TECH Senior Member

If you can comprehend that members of congress and the government in general lie and intentionally do things to provide support for their own careers and wallets, I'm sure you can come up with why someone would want Toyotas recalls to be less of an announcement compared to GMs recalls.
I can, I can comprehend someone doing that but not "The Whole Media". Your talking about countless magazines, newspapers, major networks (that are usually corporate I understand) but also independent networks, as well as foreign publications and news outlets. News leaks and if people take interest in it than the word spreads, if there is no interest in it, then it dies. Right?

Nissan has been caught lying about their cars and power production. No I don't think all Japanese businessmen are crooked and shady, but those type of people exist everywhere.
So has GM, so has many other car companies I agree 100%, I'm addressing the way Blackbird lynches them (in old threads long dead) and labels their culture as such. Never seen anyone lynch GM when the power numbers for the LS1 or the Sy/Ty's first came out. It was the opposite, people praised the "hidden" power.
Old 10-09-2009, 02:45 AM
Launching!

I can, I can comprehend someone doing that but not "The Whole Media". Your talking about countless magazines, newspapers, major networks (that are usually corporate I understand) but also independent networks, as well as foreign publications and news outlets. News leaks and if people take interest in it than the word spreads, if there is no interest in it, then it dies. Right?

So has GM, so has many other car companies I agree 100%, I'm addressing the way Blackbird lynches them (in old threads long dead) and labels their culture as such. Never seen anyone lynch GM when the power numbers for the LS1 or the Sy/Ty's first came out. It was the opposite, people praised the "hidden" power.

Countless news outlets or is it really just 2?

That is in a production car. Not in a car that is being raced for bragging rights at the "Ring".
Old 10-09-2009, 11:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

When did I say they made flawless cars? Oh that's right I didn't!

If you need to mis-interpret what I write to create an argument then I'm at a loss for words.
When did we say we hated Toyota because they were Japanese and not because they make shitty cars? Oh, that's right, we didn't!

And that "The Whole Media" that you're talking about is controlled by a grand total of 6 corporations (that number may jump up to as many as 10 depending on your source's criteria for "major media outlet"). But more than half of the "media" is controlled by a whopping 2 corporations, and neither one of them has a significantly different outlook/agenda. I'll leave it up to you to come to your own conclusions.
Old 10-09-2009, 03:04 PM
Restricted User

I forgot to laugh the first time I read it, maybe you can post it again and the second time around it will be funnier...
1 - I don't give a **** whether you think it's funny or not. I didn't do it for laughs (at least not from you). Besides, there's no need for me to make any jokes...your very existence on this site is a bigger joke than I could ever muster.

No, we just differ in opinions. If GM vehicles came equipped with dicks you'd be sucking them off at the dealership. You judge a car/company based on where it's from and the people that make it, not on what it can do and how it was made. That doesn't make me import-biased, it makes you a fan-boy.
2 - Once again...and this is like the 20th time I find myself saying this...YOU ARE THE LAST, AND I MEAN ABSOLUTE LAST, PERSON ON THIS SITE QUALIFIED TO CALL ANYONE A FANBOY OF ANYTHING. YOU ARE SO BLANTANTLY IMPORT-BIASED THAT THERE MUST BE A JAPANESE BLACK HOLE FORMING AROUND YOU RIGHT NOW.

Until you realize that you are on a GM based website and as such, you will find GM fanatics, you are going to continue looking like the fool you look like right now.

If you really, seriously, believe that you can trust what ANY media outlet tells you, then you'd probably be best served by not posting in this section anymore. I would have never thought that anyone in this country over the age of 20 would feel like they could really trust the media these days. In fact, I know of several high school students that have a more mature view of the world than you do. I'm not going to go through the high school economics lecture that you apparent weren't paying attention to back in the day, but the gist of it all is that everything is money. MONEY MONEY MONEY. How do you think the media continues to exist? Money. How do they get that money? Reporting the news. Bad news is worth more than good news, and SOME news is worth alot more if it's not reported (if you get my drift). I'm not here to tell you that Toyota always does this and GM doesn't. But I am here to tell you that if you think Toyota hasn't done this then you better wake your *** up.
Old 10-09-2009, 03:52 PM
11 Second Club

Well my only comment is this, I work at a Toyota plant in southern Indiana where we build the Sienna, Highlander, & Sequoia. Anyway While other companies that are "American cars" are moving out of the country to build in other countries where Toyota is building plants in America. I have seen first hand the quality they build into each and every vehicle. Hell many of the Management that works there came from the other BIG 3 and will admit that half the stuff we offline to repair would have just gone out the doors where they use to work. Quality is very important to everyone that works there and I feel good that at least they are trying to make the issues right. No car company is perfect but at least I can say that the vehicles we make here are American made.
Old 10-09-2009, 04:18 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by Mr. Bungle
Well my only comment is this, I work at a Toyota plant in southern Indiana where we build the Sienna, Highlander, & Sequoia. Anyway While other companies that are "American cars" are moving out of the country to build in other countries where Toyota is building plants in America. I have seen first hand the quality they build into each and every vehicle. Hell many of the Management that works there came from the other BIG 3 and will admit that half the stuff we offline to repair would have just gone out the doors where they use to work. Quality is very important to everyone that works there and I feel good that at least they are trying to make the issues right. No car company is perfect but at least I can say that the vehicles we make here are American made.
And where do all the profits from those vehicles being made here go? What about all the money the US government is HANDING your company to produce vehicles here...what are they doing with it to help us?

I can answer both those questions...those profits go to Japan, to strengthen an economy that we are locked out of. So we see NO BENEFIT at all. Also, all that tax money that WE give Toyota? Well that's helping to put American automakers out of business, costing us exponentially more tax money.

All the Americans employed in this country by Toyota, Honda and Nissan COMBINED don't equal HALF of what the NEW GM (let alone the much larger former GM) employs here. That's not even considering the workforce that Ford and Chrysler have here.

Don't try to act like Toyota is out to help this country. They are here to make money at the expense of the consumer. Just like every single corporation on earth.
Old 10-09-2009, 04:30 PM
11 Second Club

LOL ya your right you know all. If you could see all the jobs that they have produced in this area you'd think different. When GM was laying off thousands Toyota didn't. They were actually paying us to do nothing because they don't over staff like GM did for years! I will agree that Toyota is not here to help the country out and don't remember saying that but they are here and will remain here but it doen't look all that good for GM. I really think all you know is what you read on the internet and I guess the internet is all knowing. I am done with this thread. You can think what you think and I can think what I think have a good one.
Old 10-09-2009, 08:37 PM
Restricted User

LOL ya your right you know all. If you could see all the jobs that they have produced in this area you'd think different. When GM was laying off thousands Toyota didn't. They were actually paying us to do nothing because they don't over staff like GM did for years! I will agree that Toyota is not here to help the country out and don't remember saying that but they are here and will remain here but it doen't look all that good for GM. I really think all you know is what you read on the internet and I guess the internet is all knowing. I am done with this thread. You can think what you think and I can think what I think have a good one.
Yeah that's a smart plan, let's keep it that way. You don't know the first thing about me and I don't really care to know the first thing about you.

I wish SOME OTHER participants in this thread would be so smart.
Old 10-09-2009, 10:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

See what I have to deal with!!
Don't let him drive you out of this thread, he bullies people out of threads with his persistence and stupidity, I'm just too stubborn to ever leave the threads he makes an idiot of himself on.
And just so you know, most of the stuff he pulls out of thin air, watching him talk about the gearing ratio's of supercars is hilarious!!
Old 10-09-2009, 10:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by XxGarbSxX
And that "The Whole Media" that you're talking about is controlled by a grand total of 6 corporations (that number may jump up to as many as 10 depending on your source's criteria for "major media outlet"). But more than half of the "media" is controlled by a whopping 2 corporations, and neither one of them has a significantly different outlook/agenda. I'll leave it up to you to come to your own conclusions.
...(that are usually corporate I understand)...
I guess the way you say things and the way I say things must be in different languages?
I get it you just want to bitch about something. We say the same thing yet you decide to just reiterate it as if we were arguing...

Originally Posted by XxGarbSxX
When did we say we hated Toyota because they were Japanese and not because they make shitty cars? Oh, that's right, we didn't!
What's with the "We"? Did I quote you at all when I made that post. Hold on let me check...(elevator music)...yeah, No I didn't quote you so I didn't mention you when I posted that. Your very good at linking articles and stories that support your stance on things and very good at ignoring articles and stories that go in the opposite direction.
Old 10-09-2009, 11:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

1 - I don't give a **** whether you think it's funny or not. I didn't do it for laughs (at least not from you). Besides, there's no need for me to make any jokes...your very existence on this site is a bigger joke than I could ever muster.
Whew!!! Thank Goodness that wasn't a joke! You had me worried that it was for a second.

2 - Once again...and this is like the 20th time I find myself saying this...YOU ARE THE LAST, AND I MEAN ABSOLUTE LAST, PERSON ON THIS SITE QUALIFIED TO CALL ANYONE A FANBOY OF ANYTHING. YOU ARE SO BLANTANTLY IMPORT-BIASED THAT THERE MUST BE A JAPANESE BLACK HOLE FORMING AROUND YOU RIGHT NOW.
Until you realize that you are on a GM based website and as such, you will find GM fanatics, you are going to continue looking like the fool you look like right now.
Since your memory retention is obviously ****-poor and I hate retyping things, I decided to just link it from a previous thread...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/10265677-post40.html

And you can add to that a 2001 chevy Silverado to that list, and hopefully a chevy volt here in the future. You can talk the talk you do, but I walk the walk you fruit cake.

If you really, seriously, believe that you can trust what ANY media outlet tells you, then you'd probably be best served by not posting in this section anymore. I would have never thought that anyone in this country over the age of 20 would feel like they could really trust the media these days.
Yet here you are posting thread after thread, link after link of bad reviews about Toyota recalls that you find distributed by the media. And you say I rely too heavily on the media, then tell me the media is pure BS and bias against GM and they never ... blah blah blah. Which is it? Media is good or bad? Is it good when it supports your point of view and **** poor when it goes against your views? Yeah that must be it.

In fact, I know of several high school students that have a more mature view of the world than you do. I'm not going to go through the high school economics lecture that you apparent weren't paying attention to back in the day, but the gist of it all is that everything is money. MONEY MONEY MONEY. How do you think the media continues to exist? Money. How do they get that money? Reporting the news. Bad news is worth more than good news, and SOME news is worth alot more if it's not reported (if you get my drift). I'm not here to tell you that Toyota always does this and GM doesn't. But I am here to tell you that if you think Toyota hasn't done this then you better wake your *** up.
There you have it, you hang out with High School students! Makes sense now...
Your just as bad as XxxGarglexxX when if comes to reading comprehension aren't you? Or maybe you just don't bother reading and just decide to post stupid crap? I already said this you dumb-***, are you typing things just to see yourself post a combination of letters and words (because monkeys can do that too ya know) or are you trying to make a point that I'VE ALREADY MADE?? Here it is again...read slowly this time, maybe it will help.

... because that news doesn't sell. People want sensationalism when they turn on the news and GM going bankrupt always sells more than Toyota recalling x vehicles.
Also local news always out-sells world news, ...GM/Ford/Dodge are American companies so of course our media is gonna be more in tune and interested with what happens with them, because in turn we are more interested in them.
You just want to argue...at least give me something to discuss, I don't like arguing about points I've already made.
Old 10-09-2009, 11:37 PM
TECH Regular

well this was a waste of my time reading this but ill add to it anyways i personally know a guy i went to auto school with who worked down at the yota plant in evansville and absolutely will not buy a yota because of seeing how they are made
Old 10-09-2009, 11:38 PM
Restricted User

Whew!!! Thank Goodness that wasn't a joke! You had me worried that it was for a second.

Since your memory retention is obviously ****-poor and I hate retyping things, I decided to just link it from a previous thread...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/10265677-post40.html

And you can add to that a 2001 chevy Silverado to that list, and hopefully a chevy volt here in the future. You can talk the talk you do, but I walk the walk you fruit cake.

Yet here you are posting thread after thread, link after link of bad reviews about Toyota recalls that you find distributed by the media. And you say I rely too heavily on the media, then tell me the media is pure BS and bias against GM and they never ... blah blah blah. Which is it? Media is good or bad? Is it good when it supports your point of view and **** poor when it goes against your views? Yeah that must be it.

There you have it, you hang out with High School students! Makes sense now...
Your just as bad as XxxGarglexxX when if comes to reading comprehension aren't you? Or maybe you just don't bother reading and just decide to post stupid crap? I already said this you dumb-***, are you typing things just to see yourself post a combination of letters and words (because monkeys can do that too ya know) or are you trying to make a point that I'VE ALREADY MADE?? Here it is again...read slowly this time, maybe it will help.

You just want to argue...at least give me something to discuss, I don't like arguing about points I've already made.
Are you serious?!

You argue like you're in high school!! Maybe your regressing? Are you going to call me a big poopoo head and go crying to your mom next?

You try to deflect criticism of yourself by projecting your own image onto those who challenge you. This is nothing new, and ONCE AGAIN you are accomplishing nothing more than moving ANOTHER thread towards lockdown.

I'm out. I'll see you in the next thread you decide to destroy.
Old 10-10-2009, 12:23 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SparkyJJO
So toyota's fix for this is to ziptie your floormats down.

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/10/08/t...tie-them-down/
yes this is true...we have done this to our new vehicles we have on the lot. This is temporarly untill they come up with a proper fix.

as for customer's vehicles they get the option of either:
a. giving us permission to remove their driver's side floormat & placing it in the trunk.
b. acknowlede the possible safety issue with the floormat and sign a "waiver" to keep their current floormat in place.

the picture in this article is wrong though. that is an all-weather floormat, which yes, that has be re-called since you can clearly see that the floormat interfers with the gas pedal since the mat is not of proper size/shape. That is not the issue this time around. if you look at the new floormats toyota uses there is no way under normal circumstances would the floormat interfere with the gas pedal. the issue arises when the floormat moves up from all the getting in/out of your vehicle,stepping on it, kicking it around (thats the best way i can explain it).

the all-weather floormat recall...they took care of it already, but yes, they do deserve all the "heat" for providing an unsafe product.

this time around however, i believe that people/media are placing to much blame on toyota for this. i think its more of the owners responsibilty IMO. toyota provides hooks to secure your floormat, and the floormat is the correct size/shape. if you can not make sure the floormat is secured on the hooks or you have multiple mats ( i have seen many situations where customers have multiple floormats, towels, even househould carpet) then i feel the responsabilty should be yours not toyota's.

im not saying toyota is the best or better than any other manufacturer, or that they are perfect. im just stating my opion on THIS issue only.

Quick Reply: Toyota recall number SIX for 2009...