Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

Yahoo calls Chevy drivers stupid

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 01:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh great your into psychology now? Last time it was all about your HS buddies and what they think and now your speaking from a psychology point of view?
If you want to play grown up you might want to stick around this time no? I mean how long is it gonna take for you to bail out of this thread crying "Spoolin's mean"
Old 10-14-2009, 10:03 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Spoolin
Oh great your into psychology now? Last time it was all about your HS buddies and what they think and now your speaking from a psychology point of view?
If you want to play grown up you might want to stick around this time no? I mean how long is it gonna take for you to bail out of this thread crying "Spoolin's mean"
That avatar cracks me the hell up.
Old 10-14-2009, 10:47 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2002_Z28_Six_Speed
Wind energy is the biggest lie the power industry has ever had to hide. It is the governments fault for subsidizing/pushing this bull **** even though the reports came back that showed wind energy is most available when it is least needed and least available when most needed.

Could you provide me with a link to that data?

I work in wind energy and only see the WTGs stationary when 1) wind speeds are under 7 mph, 2) are curtailed by ERCOT (due in large part to lack of t-line and agreements already in place with fossil fuel plants), or 3) during outages for maintenance or repair...with reason #2 be the most prevalent by far!

Last edited by FormulaZR; 10-14-2009 at 10:52 AM.
Old 10-14-2009, 01:04 PM
On The Tree

GOOGLE ftmfw!!!!!
Old 10-14-2009, 02:30 PM
Launching!

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by cmb570
only thing more stupid than the article is how most of you are over reacting to it. If you act stupid about the article doesnt that kinda feed into the BS it was posting.

its know big secret the build quality on our camaro's kinda sucks, the LS1 makes up for alot. The new Chevy, quality is getting better
It's "know" big secret? What does that even mean?
Old 10-14-2009, 02:31 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by phirepower
yahoo auto news is not what i would call "reputable automotive news" where are these so called study statistics. I am sure that more rednecks do indeed drive chevy's this however should not reflect poorly chevy's rep, as i have seen far more "thugs" driving beat-to-hell hondas, than rednecks in chevys in my day. Is yahoo trying to say that all the coffee-can-exhaust goons, that proudly wave the puerto-rican flags from the rear view are well-educated. Maybe i have only come in contact with the 30% without a pristine academic background. Who knows?

Great response to that unjust burn!
+1000000000,000000000000
Old 10-14-2009, 02:33 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Spoolin
Little sensitive are we? If someone makes a rude statement that is far from truthful people tend to ignore it and laugh it off. If someone cracks a joke or makes an assumption that hits a little too close to home people immediately get defensive and riled up. The fact that people are getting their panties in a bunch over a vague generalization kinda makes a point about the ones who are butt-hurt over it.
JMHO though, no need to agree with me!
Nothing vague about it, it's quite specific. Read it again.
Old 10-14-2009, 03:13 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are plenty of toys in the sandbox we can all play along and not fight.
Old 10-15-2009, 04:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Who cares? Really, I have had owned three Chevys, I currently own two. My dad always had chevys, and my mom has a honda cause of gas mileage. I say let them call us dumb it dont bother me a bit? I have no problem letting people think Im dumb, hell I get it all the time for signing up for the service, and when Im done they realize that it was smarter than college!
Old 10-15-2009, 05:54 AM
Launching!

I wasn't offended by the article at all, I thought it was kinda funny at parts. But the article author is silly for trying to further a stereotype.

Forbes has had a history of writing auto-related articles that get laughed at by automotive enthusiasts. They should stick to what they do best, which is to write about finances and the stock market. If anything, when a publication or website writes a "What your car says about you" article, it should be tongue-in-cheek... otherwise people go up-in-arms, as you can see in this thread. There is an asshat for every seat.... you'll find idiots behind the wheel of a Honda, Chevy, Toyota, and probably even a few Ferraris.

And I agree with the sentiment that there is no need for this overreacting. It's like when people on the internet call Camaro drivers rednecks... first of all I don't get offended at the least because I'm not even ethnically white!

Originally Posted by Revo1
It's "know" big secret? What does that even mean?
on the other hand.... maybe the article was right

Come to think of it, one of the factoids was allegedly that 35% of Chevy drivers have a college education. I haven't graduated college yet! Degree in progress of course, I'm only 21
Old 10-15-2009, 05:57 AM
Launching!

and oh yeah, Yahoo mail sucks ***. Their spam filter sucks, their capacity sucks, and the fact that you have to pay extra to get features you can get free from other e-mail clients is bull, not to mention if you don't check your mailbox for a while they disable it. I use Gmail and only Gmail
Old 10-15-2009, 01:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 1998MysticZ28
Who cares? Really, I have had owned three Chevys, I currently own two...I say let them call us dumb it dont bother me a bit? I have no problem letting people think Im dumb, hell I get it all the time for signing up for the service, and when Im done they realize that it was smarter than college!

Originally Posted by I Go To Costco
I wasn't offended by the article at all, I thought it was kinda funny at parts. But the article author is silly for trying to further a stereotype.
...If anything, when a publication or website writes a "What your car says about you" article, it should be tongue-in-cheek... otherwise people go up-in-arms, as you can see in this thread. There is an asshat for every seat.... you'll find idiots behind the wheel of a Honda, Chevy, Toyota, and probably even a few Ferraris.

And I agree with the sentiment that there is no need for this overreacting. It's like when people on the internet call Camaro drivers rednecks... first of all I don't get offended at the least because I'm not even ethnically white!

Glad to see there are a few other rational people in here...
Old 10-15-2009, 04:29 PM
Launching!

Forbes has had a history of writing auto-related articles that get laughed at by automotive enthusiasts. They should stick to what they do best, which is to write about finances and the stock market. If anything, when a publication or website writes a "What your car says about you" article, it should be tongue-in-cheek... otherwise people go up-in-arms, as you can see in this thread. There is an asshat for every seat.... you'll find idiots behind the wheel of a Honda, Chevy, Toyota, and probably even a few Ferraris.

on the other hand.... maybe the article was right

Come to think of it, one of the factoids was allegedly that 35% of Chevy drivers have a college education. I haven't graduated college yet! Degree in progress of course, I'm only 21
I agree that morons come in every shape, size, and vehicle, but I don't feel anyone is overreacting. When people start suing over things like this, then you can call overreaction. A little forum rant among people that might be able to relate seems perfectly healthy. I think the "Take a chill pill" attitude works just great for the kids on the schoolyard that wanna look like The f_cking Fonz. But in here...

...and if you can't tell that the word "know" is misused, then you better invest your money in a better school.
Old 10-15-2009, 04:37 PM
On The Tree

To be honest i think Yahoo's entire staff is a bunch of idiots
Old 10-15-2009, 04:44 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Revo1
I agree that morons come in every shape, size, and vehicle, but I don't feel anyone is overreacting. When people start suing over things like this, then you can call overreaction. A little forum rant among people that might be able to relate seems perfectly healthy. I think the "Take a chill pill" attitude works just great for the kids on the schoolyard that wanna look like The f_cking Fonz. But in here...

...and if you can't tell that the word "know" is misused, then you better invest your money in a better school.
Nice attempt at a thinly veiled insult, but I was inferring that the article was right after all, because of the guy you quoted and his misuse of now/know. I pay my own tuition by myself, thank you very much.

Maybe you should go back to school instead of trying to insult anyone who disagrees with you.
Old 10-15-2009, 06:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Girls your all pretty. And apparently dumb. But I'm in the same lifeboat with ya. <------yup mispelled.
Old 10-15-2009, 06:28 PM
Teching In

My question is why was the survey ever taken at all? Do we really need a survey to tell us that Honda owners can use the internet, rich people buy bentleys, and alot of Mini owners are hippies? The most funny part about the whole thing are all of the grammar and spelling mistakes in the replys of the yahoo feedback portion. That sure does help to get rid of a stereotype

Last edited by KevinWS6; 10-15-2009 at 06:33 PM.
Old 10-15-2009, 07:20 PM
Launching!

Nice attempt at a thinly veiled insult, but I was inferring that the article was right after all, because of the guy you quoted and his misuse of now/know. I pay my own tuition by myself, thank you very much.

Maybe you should go back to school instead of trying to insult anyone who disagrees with you.
My mistake, guess all the flames have got my guard up.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:37 PM
11 Second Club

I was inferring that the article was right after all, because of the guy you quoted and his misuse of now/know.
It's now big secret?
Old 10-15-2009, 09:40 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by NSSANE02
It's now big secret?
God damn self-fulfilling prophecies the more I think about it the more it becomes true.

Also, see the gratuitous misuses of your/you're/their/they're/etc. in this thread alone. It's contagious! I'm picky when it comes to grammar and spelling, that one just went over my head. No wait, I blame my keyboard.

Originally Posted by KevinWS6
My question is why was the survey ever taken at all? Do we really need a survey to tell us that Honda owners can use the internet, rich people buy bentleys, and alot of Mini owners are hippies? The most funny part about the whole thing are all of the grammar and spelling mistakes in the replys of the yahoo feedback portion. That sure does help to get rid of a stereotype

Quick Reply: Yahoo calls Chevy drivers stupid