Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

Fritz Henderson’s Resignation from GM

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2009 | 10:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Fritz Henderson’s Resignation from GM

I say good riddance, this is the same guy that corrected Lutz several times for opening his mouth and the guy that killed the idea of bringing the G8 to Chevy.

http://fastlane.gmblogs.com/archives...comment-142370
Old 12-03-2009 | 08:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

You’ve likely heard by now that Fritz Henderson has resigned as our CEO, and that our Chairman Ed Whitacre will assume the duties of CEO while an international search for a new president and CEO begins.
...thank goodness, they need someone from outside Big 3 entirely, I'm just glad they aren't putting one of the other current GM execs in his place.
Old 12-03-2009 | 10:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ChaseSS
...thank goodness, they need someone from outside Big 3 entirely, I'm just glad they aren't putting one of the other current GM execs in his place.
I agree with what you said, but that is actually kind of funny,
people on this board bash the "car czar" because he isn't a "car guy".

How can you have a paradigm shift in an industry if you only have insiders to run it?
You must bring in people from outside the company, outside the industry that have completely different perspectives, metrics and isn't one of the industry "good old boys".
Old 12-04-2009 | 04:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Here's some more interesting info

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/12/04/b...nt-shakeups-at

Whitacre put Lutz in charge of product planning, the same guy that wanted to revive the G8
Old 12-04-2009 | 05:12 PM
On The Tree

maybe im completely wrong but i thought when he was put in that position it was only temporary because he was the only person who knew enough about the company. and that him being replaced is no surprise?
Old 12-14-2009 | 01:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

My problem with Whiticare is AT&T is a pretty shitty company, I don't really see him as coming from a good pedigree. I mean what's his business plan here? Beg Steve Jobs to make the iCar and sell it to hispters?

I think Henderson sat on Lutz because Henderson had to do it for the good of the company. He worked alongside Lutz for a long time and as far I know there was never any friction. Lutz does have the ability to really get his foot pretty far into his mouth and I think Henderson had to shut down Lutz before Lutz pissed off Pelosi or someone and got GM in trouble with their new political overlords.
Old 12-14-2009 | 04:34 PM
WANNABE GENIUS

Scott Settlemire for GM CEO lol! IDK, it amazes me that GM has the best fuel economy performance motors that out perform others almost all other competitors and yet they cant seem to top Ford or Toyota...

Quick Reply: Fritz Henderson’s Resignation from GM