Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

Camaro VS Mustang sales for June.

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 04:44 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Blakbird24
Hell, my brother-in-law, who is a long-time mustang fan, didn't even know the 5.0 was back until I told him about it in february.
He must not be much a of Mustang fan then.
They don't really know or care about the 2010 refresh or the new 2011 motors. To them, it's the same mustang they've seen around for five years now, only with a higher pricetag.
I disagree. I don't know how many regular joes came up to me when I am driving my GT, asking me if I heard about the new 5.0 coming out.
The camaro will hold the sales lead for the foreseeable future because right now, it is the "cooler" car.
You need to add "IMHO" at the end of that sentence. I realize you are biased because you own said Camaro. But come on..
Old 07-03-2010, 10:34 AM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by Ke^in
He must not be much a of Mustang fan then.
Notice I didn't say "enthusiast"...he's your average mustang fan. He's also almost 40...which means he's not on the internet everyday digesting car news.

I disagree. I don't know how many regular joes came up to me when I am driving my GT, asking me if I heard about the new 5.0 coming out.
Well then yours and my experiences differ greatly. Here's a question...did any of those "regular joes" actually know anything about the 5.0 they asked you about? It's one thing to say "oh I heard the 5.0 is coming back" and quite another to actually know something about the motor.

You need to add "IMHO" at the end of that sentence. I realize you are biased because you own said Camaro. But come on..
I thought it was pretty clear that this was my opinion, since no one has hard data on future sales.

What do you mean by "come on"? Are you trying to say that i'm crazy if I think the Camaro is going to stay in the lead? Interesting...because I feel like you are crazy for thinking a 5 year old design is going to outsell a brand new, better-received design because it got a new motor.

Sorry if you don't like it, but in this segment, the new flashy car wins...doesn't matter if it's fast, handles better or has a nice interior...it's got to look cool and it's got to be priced right. End of story.

It also helps when said car is not ALL OVER THE PLACE already...people love to think they've got something no one else has. There are how many 2005+ mustangs out there?
Old 07-03-2010, 11:05 AM
TECH Regular

Notice I didn't say "enthusiast"...he's your average mustang fan. He's also almost 40...which means he's not on the internet everyday digesting car news.
Basically like me. But I'm 37
Well then yours and my experiences differ greatly. Here's a question...did any of those "regular joes" actually know anything about the 5.0 they asked you about?
They knew how much HP it made, and they knew it was going to be FAST.
I thought it was pretty clear that this was my opinion, since no one has hard data on future sales.
You'd be surprised how many people have stated opinion as fact about the new 5.0.
What do you mean by "come on"? Are you trying to say that i'm crazy if I think the Camaro is going to stay in the lead?
Crazy? Of course not. Maybe a bit self deluded. But not crazy. IMHO of course.
Interesting...because I feel like you are crazy for thinking a 5 year old design
You know that the 2011 GT isn't a 2005 with a new motor right?
is going to outsell a brand new better-received design because it got a new motor.
Prove that the Camaro's design was better received. All I've heard about was complaints of it's weight, piggishness, and blind spots.
Sorry if you don't like it, but in this segment, the new flashy car wins...doesn't matter if it's fast, handles better or has a nice interior...it's got to look cool and it's got to be priced right. End of story.
I don't think the flashiest car is the Camaro. You do. Everyone has a different opinion. It makes the world go round.
It also helps when said car is not ALL OVER THE PLACE already...people love to think they've got something no one else has. There are how many 2005+ mustangs out there?
I live in a small town in WV. I see them ALL OVER the place here. ALMOST as much as I do S197 Mustangs.

AGAIN the 2011 GT isn't a 2005 with a 5.0 motor.
Old 07-03-2010, 11:52 AM
TECH Veteran

You know that the 2011 GT isn't a 2005 with a new motor right?
That's accurate, it's a refresh of the existing car that Ford touts as "all-new". In fact much of Ford's current product lineup is tweaks and refreshes of old vehicles. Which is what an automaker does when they're 34 billion in debt.
Old 07-03-2010, 01:56 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by TriShield
That's accurate, it's a refresh of the existing car that Ford touts as "all-new".
I don't see Ford touting that the entire car is new. But it's certainly not a 2005 with a 5.0 in it.
In fact much of Ford's current product lineup is tweaks and refreshes of old vehicles. Which is what an automaker does when they're 34 billion in debt.
You talking about this?

http://www.courierpostonline.com/art...4-billion-debt

Healthier Ford takes steps to reduce $34 billion debt

DETROIT — Ford Motor Co., the only Detroit automaker to avoid bankruptcy protection, said Wednesday it will reduce its huge debt by another $4 billion as it continues to show signs of financial strength.

It's a lot better shape than GM is right now. I wont even go into how their last TV commercial lied about them paying off their debt to America.

But that has really nothing to do with all this.
Old 07-03-2010, 02:03 PM
***Repost Police***

Without discussing anything else... were you around for '00-'02? EVERYBODY had a Mustang, and they were still selling like hotcakes. I think the Mustang will end up selling more soon (like it always does) because more people like Mustangs, plain and simple.
Old 07-03-2010, 03:58 PM
12 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Of course the mustang will outsell the camaro, I think theres some sort of law that says if you're a woman and going through menopause then you must buy a v6 mustang.
Old 07-03-2010, 04:02 PM
TECH Regular

ss1129 what is with your constant projections with menopausal women and Mustangs? Seriously. You realize that more than likely, just as many menopausal women buy v6 Camaros right?

I'd go as far to say that the V8 Mustang will outsell the V8 Camaro.
Old 07-03-2010, 04:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

possibly but it may be close (regardless who is in the lead) when the convertible and z28 come out again.
Old 07-03-2010, 04:26 PM
12 Second Club

ss1129 what is with your constant projections with menopausal women and Mustangs? Seriously. You realize that more than likely, just as many menopausal women buy v6 Camaros right?

They dont have a song called Camaro Sally.

And for v8 models, the SS is outselling the v6 models by quite a bit, where as typically for the mustang the v6 keeps the sales strong. I still havent seen a 5.0 on the street. Or really many 2010 gts.
Old 07-03-2010, 05:46 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ss1129
They dont have a song called Camaro Sally.
That was made in 1964...

BTW only old men drive Caddies too?
And for v8 models, the SS is outselling the v6 models by quite a bit
The last numbers I saw said the opposite.
I still havent seen a 5.0 on the street.
I have seen 3. And I live in a small town.
Old 07-03-2010, 08:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Of course the mustang will outsell the camaro, I think theres some sort of law that says if you're a woman and going through menopause then you must buy a v6 mustang.
I guess if we are going to use your logic, then we should assume that GM will need to rely on the redneck trailer trash market to get the Camaro over the sales hump.

Really, the stereotypes have gotten tired. My GM loving buddy is always doing this. If he sees a woman driving a Mustang.........it's because the Mustang is a "girl's" car. If he sees a woman driving an F-body.........it's because some women have good tastes in cars. It's really like listening to an 8 year old try to make his new Tonka toy seem like a better gift than his buddy's new GI Joe tank.
Old 07-03-2010, 08:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TriShield
That's accurate, it's a refresh of the existing car that Ford touts as "all-new". In fact much of Ford's current product lineup is tweaks and refreshes of old vehicles. Which is what an automaker does when they're 34 billion in debt.
I suppose your next argument is that GM is, and has been, doing much better financially?.........I mean, besides needing the federal government to hand them a life line?
Old 07-03-2010, 09:35 PM
12 Second Club

Please Kevin do postthe sales break downs of the camaros for us then.
Old 07-04-2010, 01:25 AM
***Repost Police***

What you're saying is the Mustangs don't do as good because the Mustangs sell better to the females than the males?
Old 07-04-2010, 05:13 AM
TECH Regular

Please Kevin do postthe sales break downs of the camaros for us then.
Uh, aren't you the one that made the statement on it?
Old 07-04-2010, 10:36 AM
Restricted User

This is a really stupid argument (on this board? NEVER! )...GM is going to be fine. If you don't like what they did, don't buy their cars. Regardless, they are on track to issue an IPO later this year, sales are up, they have great cars on the road and in the pipeline...no problems. Ford is less certain, but they too, for the first time in forever, have great cars on the road and in the pipeline. If you have a problem with buying from a company that was saved by the government, but have no problem buying from a company that is $34B in debt...then just buy a Ford. Either way I have no problem with you because you are buying american.

I'm not arguing about this anymore...I say the Camaro will hold the sales lead for the foreseeable future...it is the newer, "cooler" car...the convertible is coming soon, and an even more powerful Camaro is on the horizon. The current mustang, in the eyes of the general public, has been out for five years now. Yes I know the 2011 mustang is very different from the 05...thank you...but the general public (those people gobbling up the V6's) does not know or care. We will just have to wait and see if i'm right.
Old 07-04-2010, 10:37 AM
12 Second Club

You said the last numbers you saw said the opposite. Id like to see those numbers. Id gladly post them for you, but Im banned from C5 and cant get to where I know they are.
Old 07-04-2010, 10:40 AM
12 Second Club

MODELS
2SS (43,236 units) - 53.79%
1SS ( 5,438 units) - 6.77%
2LT (15,825 units) - 19.69%
1LT (11,349 units) - 14.12%
1LS (4,527 units) - 5.63%
Total: 80,375 units

http://www.moderncamaro.com/forum/sh...uction+numbers

I found through march for you.
Old 07-04-2010, 10:45 AM
TECH Regular

GM is going to be fine.
Of course they are. Thanks to the American people who pay taxes.
Ford is less certain
Did you not read the article I posted at all?
but they too, for the first time in forever, have great cars on the road and in the pipeline.
They've had great cars for a long long time now. I think you are confusing great with faster that bejeebus stock.
If you have a problem with buying from a company that was saved by the government, but have no problem buying from a company that is $34B in debt...then just buy a Ford. Either way I have no problem with you because you are buying american.
I don't recall saying I had a problem with buying GM. You made the 34b debt comment.
I'm not arguing about this anymore...I say the Camaro will hold the sales lead for the foreseeable future...it is the newer, "cooler" car...the convertible is coming soon, and an even more powerful Camaro is on the horizon.
The Z28 will compete with the Cobra. Not the GT.
The current mustang, in the eyes of the general public, has been out for five years now.
Again, speak for yourself. The people I've spoke to don't think that way.
Yes I know the 2011 mustang is very different from the 05...thank you...but the general public (those people gobbling up the V6's) does not know or care.
I think you underestimate the people.
We'll have to wait and see if I am right
Weren't you also one of the people that claim that the new GT would be slower than the 5th gen?

Quick Reply: Camaro VS Mustang sales for June.