Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

Camaro VS Mustang sales for June.

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 10:56 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
The Sky/Solstice were nice enough. BUT, the cheap one was SLOW (slower than the Miata), and the fast one was pretty expensive.
Even the Solstice GXP was cheaper than the top level Miata, while still being faster.

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
As far as the F-body is concerned, the engines are great. The car itself is quite mediocre, just like the Mustang.
No disagreement there...my point is where else could you get that level of performance for even $10k more? Certainly that makes the car deserving of "great" status.
Old 07-04-2010, 11:01 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by Ke^in
AGAIN there is a difference between PERFORMANCE and QUALITY.
You've completely lost your point here...what are you getting at?

If a car built for performance is a great performer, even at the expense of efficiency and quality, does that necessarily exclude it from being a "great" car? I say no.

Both companies have been making good cars the past decade or more.
That's stretching it. 10 years ago neither company had a sedan that could hold a candle to Toyota or Honda. GM could always hang in performance...but they couldn't sell against the japanese offerings because of quality and interiors.

Rosie eyed? Naw, just being realistic.
There's nothing realistic about claiming the general public has a clue about performance cars.
Old 07-05-2010, 03:42 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ss1129
Did you see us gloating that the camaro beat the mustang every month since it was out until may?
Uh... yes.
Old 07-05-2010, 03:49 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Blakbird24
You've completely lost your point here
No, no I did not.

www.rif.org
If a car built for performance is a great performer, even at the expense of efficiency and quality, does that necessarily exclude it from being a "great" car? I say no.
The focus was built on performance? Really? And If a car is a good performer, but breaks down all the time, I would say yes, that means the car isn't too hot. The majority of the public would rather have a "so-so" performer that lasted, than a great performer that kept falling apart.
That's stretching it. 10 years ago neither company had a sedan that could hold a candle to Toyota or Honda.
Yes, we know, import interiors were fancier 10 years ago. I don't know many people that decided not to buy a domestic because it didn't have full leather interior.
There's nothing realistic about claiming the general public has a clue about performance cars.
I consider myself "the general public"

You should have seen the amount of "general public" talked about the 5.0 when I posted a video of it on facebook.

Not that ANY of this matters.

This thread was about Mustang VS Camaro sales.

After your grandiose claims in THIS post, especially ones about the Camaro beating it sales, which btw was already debunked, you kept making different irrelevant posts attempting to change the argument.

I've knocked down every straw-man you've put up so far.

Last edited by Ke^in; 07-05-2010 at 03:55 AM.
Old 07-05-2010, 09:24 AM
12 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Lol you posted videos of the gt on Facebook. Thats pretty cool. I bet everyone thought you were king **** posting videos of a car you want. Thats almost as bad as those ******* farm game updates that people post. Lol
Old 07-05-2010, 09:27 AM
Banned

Even if the mustang beats the camaro for 2010 who really cares? Did you see us gloating that the camaro beat the mustang every month since it was out until may?
They damn near threw a party on camaro5 for every month the camaro outsold the mustang, so yes.
Old 07-05-2010, 09:44 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by fdjizm
They damn near threw a party on camaro5 for every month the camaro outsold the mustang, so yes.
It's a ******* camaro website. Did you expect them to cry? At least they didn't go to themustangsource and post about it every month?

Where is your 2011 gt btw? You defend it so much i know you have one, right?

I know your sick of running mid 13's in that 2005 turd you've been sporting.
Old 07-05-2010, 09:55 AM
Banned

No i'm not sick of it, didn't you read my last post about me not living my life a 1/4 mile at a time? I'm not into the fast and furious and not really concered about who beats me because I don't have self-esteem issues and don't live vicariously through my car?

I love my car , I mean look at it!, what's not to love?

Last edited by fdjizm; 07-05-2010 at 10:00 AM.
Old 07-05-2010, 10:33 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I love my car , I mean look at it!, what's not to love?

What's not to love? How about the bug eye'd lights and the front plate to start with? Perhaps the F-150 looking side mirrors that
aren't painted?
Old 07-05-2010, 10:34 AM
Banned

Love my 4 eyes! , and can't do much about the plate in my state.
I'll be getting a new front bumper soon because I destroyed the bottom of it going into parking lots, scraping and what not, might get one of those retractable plate units
Old 07-05-2010, 10:54 AM
TECH Regular

Lol you posted videos of the gt on Facebook.
Yup. I have a lot of car enthusiast on my list. When the Camaro first came out and was running 12s, I posted a video of it too.
Thats pretty cool. I bet everyone thought you were king **** posting videos of a car you want.
Car I want? I've repeatedly said in here, and to you specifically that I'd take a used Z06 before I paid that much for a Mustang. No matter how "cool" it is.
Thats almost as bad as those ******* farm game updates that people post. Lol
Please..
I've seen people going on and on about it in here too. Not that there is anything wrong with that. Been hearing that the Mustang wont catch up, or pass the Camaro after it's initial run. Now that's been shown that's what is actually happening, the self defense mechanisms and jr-highish character assassinations are coming out.

Because of how many cars are being sold....

*shakes head*
Old 07-05-2010, 11:14 AM
Restricted User

And If a car is a good performer, but breaks down all the time, I would say yes, that means the car isn't too hot. The majority of the public would rather have a "so-so" performer that lasted, than a great performer that kept falling apart.
Then we will have to agree to disagree on that. IMO there are many cars that do one thing SO WELL that it's impossible to deny them "great" status.

Yes, we know, import interiors were fancier 10 years ago. I don't know many people that decided not to buy a domestic because it didn't have full leather interior.
This comment right here proves that you are lost in this discussion.

The ENTIRE REASON we are having this discussion right here, right now, is because people were passing up domestic cars for imports because of their interiors by the thousands. All these cars that we are talking about this year that are "great" (G8, Camaro, Mustang, Taurus...etc) are "great" because they finally offer the entire package...looks, performance, quality, and INTERIOR. GM and Ford are now building cars with interiors not only as good, but significantly better than japan. Not to mention quality has now surpassed the japanese offerings too.

I consider myself "the general public"
Posting on this board with a post count of more than 100 automatically excludes you from being "the general public".

After your grandiose claims in THIS post, especially ones about the Camaro beating it sales, which btw was already debunked, you kept making different irrelevant posts attempting to change the argument.

I've knocked down every straw-man you've put up so far.
HAHAHA. So you do comedy too?

There was nothing remotely "grandiose" about my claims, and i've put up no "straw-men". Facts are facts. The Camaro has been outselling the Mustang for some time now, and will continue to do so on a yearly basis simply because it is the newer, more exciting car. One this board, in our eyes, the 2011 Mustang is a very new car with great performance and alot of potential, while the Camaro is an overweight pile of flashiness that needs some work to hang in the long run. Beyond the enthusiast forum the Camaro is new and cool and exciting, the Mustang is a 5-year-old car that suddenly just got alot more expensive. Sales in this segment has nothing to do with which is the slightly better performer, or which has the nicer interior. It has to do with being the cooler car for the better price. End of story. Argue all you want, you're not going to change it.

Good luck with those straw-men by the way...i'm really impressed at your ability to knock them down!
Old 07-05-2010, 11:37 AM
TECH Regular

Then we will have to agree to disagree on that. IMO there are many cars that do one thing SO WELL that it's impossible to deny them "great" status.
If they continually break down, it doesn't matter what they do well. They wont be running half the time.
This comment right here proves that you are lost in this discussion.
LOL the fact you think this is a win/lose thing makes me think you're young. I am just discussing information. Not trying to win some imaginary race. Not that your claim has any merit.
The ENTIRE REASON we are having this discussion right here, right now, is because people were passing up domestic cars for imports because of their interiors by the thousands.
No, they were doing so because they believed they would last longer. While I am sure interiors changed some people's minds, it wasn't on the forefront. In the 80s domestic cars REALLY STUNK when it came to mechanical failure. This is when the imports started taking over. I was actually old enough to be driving during this time. I remember the arguments. Not that this thread has anything to do with import vs domestic. You're attempting to divert from the fact that you claimed Camaro sales would continue to be higher than Mustang ones. Which has already been proven to be untrue.
All these cars that we are talking about this year that are "great" (G8, Camaro, Mustang, Taurus...etc) are "great" because they finally offer the entire package...looks, performance, quality, and INTERIOR.
I don't remember saying that these new cars weren't great. They are. I would even go as far to say they supersede imports. This doesn't mean the cars made a decade before them were crap because they didn't have full leather interiors. Look at the 98-02 LS1 fbodies. I'd CERTAINLY not call them crap cars. Ford's Tauras SHOs were great as well. Even before the last one that came out.
Posting on this board with a post count of more than 100 automatically excludes you from being "the general public"
What orifice did you pull that "rule" out of. I love it when people do this in discussions, and then pretend that they are somehow legitimate comments. There are PLENTY of non-racing, daily driving people that posts in these boards that have a slight interest in cars. The fact is, the average joe wont be buying a Camaro or Mustang.
HAHAHA. So you do comedy too?
You make it easy. What can I say?
There was nothing remotely "grandiose" about my claims, and i've put up no "straw-men". Facts are facts.
What do you call starting an argument about import vs domestic when you're losing one about mustang vs camaro sales? A
The Camaro has been outselling the Mustang for some time now
The bolded part being the important one.
and will continue to do so on a yearly basis
Have you not been paying attention? The Mustang has been outselling the Camaro since May. That means for the first three months Camaro outsold the Mustang. Then the next three months the Mustang outsold the Camaro. Do you really think at the end of this year, with the new 5.0s out, and the faster than usual V6 out that the Camaro is going to surpass it again? Seriously? That's some pretty bad odds in your favor. I remember when the 5th gen Camaro first came out and people on Mustang boards were claiming the Mustang would outsell it. I made fun of them too.
simply because it is the newer, more exciting car.
Newer? No. More exciting? That's very opinionated.
One this board, in our eyes
Woah .. speak for yourself. I am pretty much sure not everyone on this board wants you speaking for them.
the 2011 Mustang is a very new car with great performance and alot of potential, while the Camaro is an overweight pile of flashiness that needs some work to hang in the long run.
I wouldn't agree with this at all. I think both cars are new with great performance.
The Mustang is a 5-year-old car that suddenly just got alot more expensive.
You keep saying this as if you hadn't been debunked about it. The 2011 is not a 2005 with a new engine. There is MANY MANY changes made. It handles completely different. The body is different. The engine is different. The interior is different. The ONLY thing that's the same is the frame.
Sales in this segment has nothing to do with which is the slightly better performer, or which has the nicer interior. It has to do with being the cooler car for the better price. End of story. Argue all you want, you're not going to change it.
And that car at this moment is the 5.0.
Good luck with those straw-men by the way...i'm really impressed at your ability to knock them down!
You make it easy. Don't be impressed.

Last edited by Ke^in; 07-05-2010 at 11:43 AM.
Old 07-05-2010, 11:42 AM
12 Second Club

I'm not into the fast and furious and not really concered about who beats me because I don't have self-esteem issues and don't live vicariously through my car?

Well your post history would say otherwise. Wasnt your first post about the new mustangs 1/4 mile. Then pretty much every post after that?

I know you dont live vicariously through your car, because you would be getting spanked by Hondas all day. You do however seem to live "vicariously" through the 5.0 that you love to come on here and gloat about. Hell Id bet that you talked more about the 5.0 than you did your little honda and your current barbie mustang put together.

You can say your not here to do so and so, or you just love cars, or you just want to correct misinformation, but your post history here, your post history on camaro5 and the fact you got booted from there for being a troll says otherwise.

Oh and if you dont live your life a 1/4 mile at a time, why install a 2 step? Why register on myslips.com? Why install a WOT shift kit LOL. Why get your car tuned? Why waste all that money to run a 13.4 if you didnt care about 1/4 mile times.
Old 07-05-2010, 11:47 AM
TECH Regular

Um running on a track, and modding your car doesn't mean you live your life for it.
I love it when people attempt to project thoughts and feelings onto people as if they know them better than they know themselves. It's one of the most pretentious things I've seen on the net.
Old 07-05-2010, 11:59 AM
Banned

Well your post history would say otherwise. Wasnt your first post about the new mustangs 1/4 mile. Then pretty much every post after that?

I know you dont live vicariously through your car, because you would be getting spanked by Hondas all day. You do however seem to live "vicariously" through the 5.0 that you love to come on here and gloat about. Hell Id bet that you talked more about the 5.0 than you did your little honda and your current barbie mustang put together.

You can say your not here to do so and so, or you just love cars, or you just want to correct misinformation, but your post history here, your post history on camaro5 and the fact you got booted from there for being a troll says otherwise.

Oh and if you dont live your life a 1/4 mile at a time, why install a 2 step? Why register on myslips.com? Why install a WOT shift kit LOL. Why get your car tuned? Why waste all that money to run a 13.4 if you didnt care about 1/4 mile times.
Why stalk me on the internet? and all that money? $169 for a cool new gadget that's alot? I don't have money issues so it's not a huge loss.
Since when does modding your car to your liking mean you live on the racetrack? you're projecting again. (lol kevin)

SS you spend your time stalking another man on the internet, while I post and make fun of you, you are in a really bad position little buddy
Old 07-05-2010, 12:43 PM
Restricted User

If they continually break down, it doesn't matter what they do well. They wont be running half the time.

LOL the fact you think this is a win/lose thing makes me think you're young. I am just discussing information. Not trying to win some imaginary race. Not that your claim has any merit.

No, they were doing so because they believed they would last longer. While I am sure interiors changed some people's minds, it wasn't on the forefront. In the 80s domestic cars REALLY STUNK when it came to mechanical failure. This is when the imports started taking over. I was actually old enough to be driving during this time. I remember the arguments. Not that this thread has anything to do with import vs domestic. You're attempting to divert from the fact that you claimed Camaro sales would continue to be higher than Mustang ones. Which has already been proven to be untrue.

I don't remember saying that these new cars weren't great. They are. I would even go as far to say they supersede imports. This doesn't mean the cars made a decade before them were crap because they didn't have full leather interiors. Look at the 98-02 LS1 fbodies. I'd CERTAINLY not call them crap cars. Ford's Tauras SHOs were great as well. Even before the last one that came out.

What orifice did you pull that "rule" out of. I love it when people do this in discussions, and then pretend that they are somehow legitimate comments. There are PLENTY of non-racing, daily driving people that posts in these boards that have a slight interest in cars. The fact is, the average joe wont be buying a Camaro or Mustang.

You make it easy. What can I say?

What do you call starting an argument about import vs domestic when you're losing one about mustang vs camaro sales? A

The bolded part being the important one.

Have you not been paying attention? The Mustang has been outselling the Camaro since May. That means for the first three months Camaro outsold the Mustang. Then the next three months the Mustang outsold the Camaro. Do you really think at the end of this year, with the new 5.0s out, and the faster than usual V6 out that the Camaro is going to surpass it again? Seriously? That's some pretty bad odds in your favor. I remember when the 5th gen Camaro first came out and people on Mustang boards were claiming the Mustang would outsell it. I made fun of them too.

Newer? No. More exciting? That's very opinionated.

Woah .. speak for yourself. I am pretty much sure not everyone on this board wants you speaking for them.
I wouldn't agree with this at all. I think both cars are new with great performance.

You keep saying this as if you hadn't been debunked about it. The 2011 is not a 2005 with a new engine. There is MANY MANY changes made. It handles completely different. The body is different. The engine is different. The interior is different. The ONLY thing that's the same is the frame.

And that car at this moment is the 5.0.

You make it easy. Don't be impressed.
Some really interesting points derived from the above post.

1 - It's funny that you surmise that i'm "young". I don't buy for a second that you are the age you claim. Guys at that age don't have the time that you have to spend on the internet in these types of discussions, much less need to resort to personal attacks because you can't hang in said discussion. Remember, YOU are the one that started using personal attacks, not me...YOU are the one who turned this into a win/lose thing, not me. So ironically you are the one claiming to be calling out a kid when you in fact are the kid in question.

2 - Buying a Camaro or Mustang does not instantly make you an enthusiast. You can argue all you want, that's just a preposterous claim.

3 - You really make a sticking point out of people cheering for the Camaro outselling the mustang for the last year while you are the one waving every flag in sight because the mustang mustered a barely perceivable lead for a short period of time. You should hold your flag waiving for the official end-of-year results. Just another very hypocritical aspect of your existence here.

And, finally, i'm not continuing this argument until you can wrap your mind around the fact that I AM TALKING ABOUT THE GENERAL PUBLIC...YOU AND I ARE NOT, I REPEAT - ARE NOT THE GENERAL PUBLIC. Therefore the fact that you and I both know that the 2011 mustang is very different from the 2005 mustang means absolutely NOTHING. ZILCH. Its not my opinion...it's fact...the general public does not know or care that the 2010 redesign brought about a much nicer interior, and that 2011 brought a dynamite motor. They don't see any of that. This is not a matter of opinion, it is a fact derived from the reference of "the general public". For definition thereof, I refer you to the beginning of this paragraph.

Until you can handle that elementary concept, i'm not wasting everyone else's time responding to your circular argument.
Old 07-05-2010, 12:45 PM
Restricted User

Why stalk me on the internet? and all that money? $169 for a cool new gadget that's alot? I don't have money issues so it's not a huge loss.
Since when does modding your car to your liking mean you live on the racetrack? you're projecting again. (lol kevin)

SS you spend your time stalking another man on the internet, while I post and make fun of you, you are in a really bad position little buddy
Sorry dude, it's very obviously to just about everyone here that you are in love with mustangs. I'm not going to berate you about it because there are bigger idiots, but if you are trying to look neutral, you aren't doing a great job of it.
Old 07-05-2010, 12:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

And the age old internet race to see who can be more right continues...

Here are the facts: The new Camaro has outsold the 2010 Mustang since it came out last year. The 2011 Mustang has outsold the Camaro since it hit the market a few months ago. Now, unless anyone in here is willing to wager their full income take home for this year on which car will win the 2010 sales race...I'd suggest that you all find something more useful to argue about.
Old 07-05-2010, 12:52 PM
Banned

Sorry dude, it's very obviously to just about everyone here that you are in love with mustangs. I'm not going to berate you about it because there are bigger idiots, but if you are trying to look neutral, you aren't doing a great job of it.
If you have been following my posts you will see I am not trying to be neutral.
But stalking someone on the internet is far worse than anything I could ever say about a camaro, don't you think?

Quick Reply: Camaro VS Mustang sales for June.