Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

Camaro VS Mustang sales for June.

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 12:59 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Blakbird24
1 - It's funny that you surmise that i'm "young". I don't buy for a second that you are the age you claim.
Yes I am making it up. Why the hell would I pretend I was 37? Is that some new cool age to be now?
Guys at that age don't have the time that you have to spend on the internet in these types of discussions
Again with these imaginary rules you come up with.
much less need to resort to personal attacks because you can't hang in said discussion.
I would call this above a self defense mechanism. You are projecting thoughts and beliefs onto me that I simply do not share. Probably because you seem to think this is some race you are supposed to win.
Remember, YOU are the one that started using personal attacks, not me...YOU are the one who turned this into a win/lose thing, not me.
More projections.
So ironically you are the one claiming to be calling out a kid when you in fact are the kid in question.
Self defense mechanism.
2 - Buying a Camaro or Mustang does not instantly make you an enthusiast.
I never said it did. Saying the average joe does not buy a Mustang Camaro does not = me saying that only enthusiasts buy them.
You can argue all you want, that's just a preposterous claim.
I agree. Good thing I never made that claim.
3 - You really make a sticking point out of people cheering for the Camaro outselling the mustang for the last year while you are the one waving every flag
I commented on what I thought the 5.0 would run before it was out. I was ridiculed for making such claims. When it did come out, and it did match up to my claims, of course I am going to comment. You would too. Stop acting like you are better than that.
in sight because the mustang mustered a barely perceivable lead for a short period of time.
Self defense mechanism. The 5.0 is faster. Plain and simple.
You should hold your flag waiving for the official end-of-year results. Just another very hypocritical aspect of your existence here.
I am not waving any flag. I said I thought the Mustang would end up selling more because they have reasons to this year. You've already called it. Even after being shown that the Mustang has been outselling the Camaro the past three months. I understand you own a 5th gen, and probably are taking this personally. But come on..
And, finally, i'm not continuing this argument until you can wrap your mind around the fact that I AM TALKING ABOUT THE GENERAL PUBLIC...YOU AND I ARE NOT, I REPEAT - ARE NOT THE GENERAL PUBLIC.
I have a stock 2002 Mustang GT that I use as a daily driver. How much general can I get? I enjoy reading about cars on my spare time. I'm a graphics designer. I don't work on cars. Couldn't if I even tried. Don't have the experience. You can attempt to tell ME what I am all you want. You're going to just come off as being pretentious. Do you not see that? You don't even know me and your attempting to say you know me better than I know myself. Don't you find that a bit silly? I mean hell, you're even trying to tell me I am not as old as I am.
Therefore the fact that you and I both know that the 2011 mustang is very different from the 2005 mustang means absolutely NOTHING. ZILCH.
Well I am glad you're finally admitting that. And yes it does. All one has to do is read car and driver (which the average mustang buyer reads) to find out what is up.
Its not my opinion...it's fact...the general public does not know or care that the 2010 redesign brought about a much nicer interior, and that 2011 brought a dynamite motor.
I disagree.
Until you can handle that elementary concept, i'm not wasting everyone else's time responding to your circular argument.
Conversational Terrorism

The intent of detailing and naming these insidious tactics is so that the reader may AVOID USING THEM, to quickly recognize if someone else is using them, and for fun. There is much humor in the way people (consciously or unconsciously) conversationally cheat.

http://www.vandruff.com/art_converse.html

Ad Hominem Variants

OVER YOUR HEAD:
"I'd like to respond to that, but taking into account your background, education, and intelligence, I am quite sure that you would not be able to understand."

It's a good site. I suggest you take a look at it.

The only reason this conversation is circular is because you keep repeating "facts" that have already been debunked.

Had this been an actual debate, you'd have been disqualified pages ago.
Old 07-05-2010, 01:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Who cares who beats who? It will always be back and forth. I say be glad they are selling as well as they are and making profit for the companies to keep them around.

(BTW, Ford had massive sales to get 2010 models gone, helped the sales for them)
Old 07-05-2010, 01:29 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by Ke^in
Yes I am making it up. Why the hell would I pretend I was 37? Is that some new cool age to be now?

Again with these imaginary rules you come up with.

I would call this above a self defense mechanism. You are projecting thoughts and beliefs onto me that I simply do not share. Probably because you seem to think this is some race you are supposed to win.

More projections.

Self defense mechanism.

I never said it did. Saying the average joe does not buy a Mustang Camaro does not = me saying that only enthusiasts buy them.

I agree. Good thing I never made that claim.

I commented on what I thought the 5.0 would run before it was out. I was ridiculed for making such claims. When it did come out, and it did match up to my claims, of course I am going to comment. You would too. Stop acting like you are better than that.

Self defense mechanism. The 5.0 is faster. Plain and simple.

I am not waving any flag. I said I thought the Mustang would end up selling more because they have reasons to this year. You've already called it. Even after being shown that the Mustang has been outselling the Camaro the past three months. I understand you own a 5th gen, and probably are taking this personally. But come on..

I have a stock 2002 Mustang GT that I use as a daily driver. How much general can I get? I enjoy reading about cars on my spare time. I'm a graphics designer. I don't work on cars. Couldn't if I even tried. Don't have the experience. You can attempt to tell ME what I am all you want. You're going to just come off as being pretentious. Do you not see that? You don't even know me and your attempting to say you know me better than I know myself. Don't you find that a bit silly? I mean hell, you're even trying to tell me I am not as old as I am.

Well I am glad you're finally admitting that. And yes it does. All one has to do is read car and driver (which the average mustang buyer reads) to find out what is up.

I disagree.

Conversational Terrorism

The intent of detailing and naming these insidious tactics is so that the reader may AVOID USING THEM, to quickly recognize if someone else is using them, and for fun. There is much humor in the way people (consciously or unconsciously) conversationally cheat.

http://www.vandruff.com/art_converse.html

Ad Hominem Variants

OVER YOUR HEAD:
"I'd like to respond to that, but taking into account your background, education, and intelligence, I am quite sure that you would not be able to understand."

It's a good site. I suggest you take a look at it.

The only reason this conversation is circular is because you keep repeating "facts" that have already been debunked.

Had this been an actual debate, you'd have been disqualified pages ago.
See? This argument is over.

You just made one hell of a long post with nothing but personal attacks. This is the point where I draw the line. If you can't hang within the confines of an argument and must resort to picking apart the other persons preferences or methods, you have lost your place in the discussion.

Note in that last line I didn't say LOST as in LOST A COMPETITION. This is NOT a competition, I said you LOST YOUR PLACE IN THIS DISCUSSION. Very different concepts.
Old 07-05-2010, 01:32 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by SlvrV6Camaro
(BTW, Ford had massive sales to get 2010 models gone, helped the sales for them)
IBETKE^INCALLSYOUBIASED

To get back to the original discussion, a short burst of sales due to the introduction of a new motor and backlogs does not equate to a sales lead. The article originally quoted clearly points out that the camaro still holds a commanding lead in sales. We will have to wait for the end of the year to see who comes out on top, but as said before, my money is on the Camaro for the foreseeable future.
Old 07-05-2010, 01:32 PM
TECH Regular

See? This argument is over.

You just made one hell of a long post with nothing but personal attacks.
Your posts were just as long, and filled with just as many personal attacks. pot, kettle, black.
This is the point where I draw the line. If you can't hang within the confines of an argument and must resort to picking apart the other persons preferences or methods, you have lost your place in the discussion.
More projections and self defense mechanisms. I think anyone that bothers to read any of our posts (which I doubt anyone does) I'm sure it's clear of my "hanging" abilities in this discussion. I wasn't the one trying to tell the other they were lying about their age.
Note in that last line I didn't say LOST as in LOST A COMPETITION. This is NOT a competition, I said you LOST YOUR PLACE IN THIS DISCUSSION. Very different concepts.
I wasn't the one that went from Mustang vs Camaro sales to import vs domestic.

You seriously need to look at your own "game" before calling others out. Especially when you are doing the very same things you are whining about others doing.
Old 07-05-2010, 01:34 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by fdjizm
If you have been following my posts you will see I am not trying to be neutral.
But stalking someone on the internet is far worse than anything I could ever say about a camaro, don't you think?
Well I can't comment on that because I have no idea if he is actually stalking you. That would certainly be weird though.
Old 07-05-2010, 01:35 PM
Restricted User

Your posts were just as long, and filled with just as many personal attacks. pot, kettle, black.

More projections and self defense mechanisms. I think anyone that bothers to read any of our posts (which I doubt anyone does) I'm sure it's clear of my "hanging" abilities in this discussion. I wasn't the one trying to tell the other they were lying about their age.

I wasn't the one that went from Mustang vs Camaro sales to import vs domestic.

You seriously need to look at your own "game" before calling others out. Especially when you are doing the very same things you are whining about others doing.
YO! IT'S OVER!!

Stop wasting everyone's time...i'm not going to be a part of this anymore.
Old 07-05-2010, 01:48 PM
TECH Regular

YO! IT'S OVER!!
Then why do you keep on posting?
Stop wasting everyone's time
Yes, because your posts were valid time consumers. I seriously doubt anyone is going to actually waste time reading any of these silly posts.
i'm not going to be a part of this anymore.
You've said this twice now.
Old 07-05-2010, 02:04 PM
12 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Why stalk me on the internet? and all that money? $169 for a cool new gadget that's alot? I don't have money issues so it's not a huge loss.
Since when does modding your car to your liking mean you live on the racetrack? you're projecting again. (lol kevin)

SS you spend your time stalking another man on the internet, while I post and make fun of you, you are in a really bad position little buddy
If you have been following my posts you will see I am not trying to be neutral.
But stalking someone on the internet is far worse than anything I could ever say about a camaro, don't you think?
A couple of points need to be addressed here.

1. Your user name is jizzim...not hard to remember.

2. You spammed the **** out of the new mustang on C5 and got banned for being an asshat. We also aruged about you being an asshat there to.

3. Both sites we had encounters on were GM based site...where I was posting to learn and teach about GM related products.

4. You like ford, its obvious....therefore if you never registered on C5 or tech just to talk ****, I would never know you existed...never.

5. Ive been posting here for 5 years, you have been here for a month, yet Im the one stalking people.....more like its you stalking every GM fan site you can to wave the 5.0 dick in peoples faces.

6. Ive never stalked you, infact in recent posts it was you replying to **** I said to other people. That being said it is the age of the intertubez and easy as **** for people to find videos of idiots trying to show off their 13.5 mustangs awsomeness on youtube....prison tatts and all.

which brings me to my final point, if you stopped posting here...just like you were forced to on C5 you would never hear from me again. Imagine that, I cant respond to posts that are not posted where I am not registered. It must be hard to think your mustang is badass yet be slower than a nissan maxima and worse looking to boot.
Old 07-05-2010, 02:11 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by ss1129

2. You spammed the **** out of the new mustang on C5 and got banned for being an asshat. We also aruged about you being an asshat there to.

3. Both sites we had encounters on were GM based site...where I was posting to learn and teach about GM related products.

4. You like ford, its obvious....therefore if you never registered on C5 or tech just to talk ****, I would never know you existed...never.

5. Ive been posting here for 5 years, you have been here for a month, yet Im the one stalking people.....more like its you stalking every GM fan site you can to wave the 5.0 dick in peoples faces.

6. Ive never stalked you, infact in recent posts it was you replying to **** I said to other people. That being said it is the age of the intertubez and easy as **** for people to find videos of idiots trying to show off their 13.5 mustangs awsomeness on youtube....prison tatts and all.

which brings me to my final point, if you stopped posting here...just like you were forced to on C5 you would never hear from me again. Imagine that, I cant respond to posts that are not posted where I am not registered. It must be hard to think your mustang is badass yet be slower than a nissan maxima and worse looking to boot.
And that, my friends is why guys with less than 100 posts should never call out guys with 1000+ posts. It just never works out well for the rookie.

It's generally very easy to pick out who is the idiot in any given argument...just look at the post count...98% of the time one participant will have 10 times the post count of another. There's your answer.
Old 07-05-2010, 03:55 PM
Banned

Keep pretending like you don't need psychiatric help dear, hope your day goes as good as mine

And that, my friends is why guys with less than 100 posts should never call out guys with 1000+ posts. It just never works out well for the rookie.

It's generally very easy to pick out who is the idiot in any given argument...just look at the post count...98% of the time one participant will have 10 times the post count of another. There's your answer.
Are you saying post count is used to actually rate the intelligence of a person on the internet?
I beg to differ, there are much more idiots with more time on their hands than 'non-indiots'.
Old 07-05-2010, 04:24 PM
TECH Regular

That makes little sense. There are plenty of people here with large post counts that are idiots. And some with small post counts that know a lot. You've shown that having over 1k in post counts means little when it comes to debating.
It's generally very easy to pick out who is the idiot in any given argument...
It sure is.

BTW ss1129 weren't you forced to stop posting at the C5 forum too?
Old 07-05-2010, 05:14 PM
12 Second Club

BTW ss1129 weren't you forced to stop posting at the C5 forum too?
I sure was. I wear that badge with honor too. They were more concerned with what earrings match their camaro key chains. I have since been a member of moderncamaro...which Im sure fdjizm will register at soon. LOL.

It seems as if most of moderncamaro.com has been banned from C5. They dont like you telling them that you wont get 45hp from a CAI. Especially if you dare ask vararam tech questions about their product. So yeah I got banned for calling B.S. on vararam claims...which to date have yet to be seen by anyone other than vararam.
Old 07-05-2010, 05:34 PM
TECH Regular

That's all fine, and I have no problem with that. Yet you give fdjizm hell for getting the same thing done to him. Does that make any sense at all?
Old 07-05-2010, 05:57 PM
Restricted User

Are you saying post count is used to actually rate the intelligence of a person on the internet?
No...post count has nothing to do with intelligence. Post count does have alot to do with "asshat"-ness. If you see a person attempting to engage in an extended discussion with a point opposing that of a member with 10x the post count, you are, 9 times out of 10, witnessing an "asshat" at work.

See, post count doesn't tell you how much a person knows about the subject of the forum. However, it does tell you how experienced a person is with the ways of that forum. That's why regardless of right or wrong-ness, the guy with the much-lower post count always comes out looking like the "asshat" in a given discussion.

Intelligence herein is a very relative concept. Consider that we, who certainly view ourselves as "intelligent" are spending our days arguing about cars on the internet. That right there says alot about intelligence.

My advice to both you and SS1129 is just drop it and move on...that's what I did. I'm sure that you both, like I, have better things to do than continue this doomed discussion.

Often times the best way to win an argument is to just shut your mouth and let the other guy ramble on and prove himself the idiot...that's what I did in this case.
Old 07-05-2010, 06:03 PM
12 Second Club

That's all fine, and I have no problem with that. Yet you give fdjizm hell for getting the same thing done to him. Does that make any sense at all?
Same thing happened to him for different reasons. He was there to troll, I posted on there no different than I do here or any other forum I post on. They told me I was banned for no specifc reason. I registered under a different name and asked a mod I was buddies with wtf was up, and the next day he pm'ed me back basically saying the owner of the site didnt like me but that he and all the mods expected me to register there again.

Basically if you have a realistic view of sponsored products you get banhammered. Or if your sunglassed dont match your man purse you get banhamered as well. I fell into both catagories.
Old 07-05-2010, 06:04 PM
Banned

You're absolutely right blakbird, but it is entertaining sometimes and that is what the internet is for
Especially when someone spit out a false fact and you correct it with the REAL fact.
Old 07-05-2010, 06:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Let's just call a truce here dudes. We can revisit this topic in a year or so, when more data will be available on how well the Camaro will sell in the long term and if the 5.0 will be a flash in the pan. No? Yea?
Old 07-05-2010, 06:22 PM
12 Second Club

I think the 5.0 will end up being a great car and the sales will probably lead on the mustang. That being said I dont need to see 15 threads on ls1 tech about how awsome the car is or how its going to blow away camaro sales. Mostly because I dont care. I own one of the cars in the argument, which is more than can be said for the ford fanboys arguing about it.
Old 07-05-2010, 07:30 PM
TECH Regular

Often times the best way to win an argument is to just shut your mouth and let the other guy ramble on and prove himself the idiot...that's what I did in this case.
You call this shutting your mouth?

I assure you, I didn't come out looking like the idiot in that conversation.

BTW said post is just another self defense mechanism to re-assure you of your dominance. Wanna come over and pee on my lawn too?

That being said I dont need to see 15 threads on ls1 tech about how awsome the car is or how its going to blow away camaro sales.
I can agree with this. But then you ended with...
Mostly because I dont care. I own one of the cars in the argument, which is more than can be said for the ford fanboys arguing about it.
Obviously you do care. And you owning one of the cars just means you have more of a bias when discussing it. Which is natural btw.

In the end, who sells more of what really doesn't matter.

There are more Honda Civics being sold than Corvettes. But I think we all would agree on which car we'd rather have.

Quick Reply: Camaro VS Mustang sales for June.