Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

Jalopnik - Cadillac CTS-V Coupe & Fast Food

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 09:26 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Jalopnik - Cadillac CTS-V Coupe & Fast Food

Eating Your Way To A Burnout

America is many things: Freedom. Food. Quality. The freedom to eat food lacking in quality. And Cadillacs. I took a 556-hp, rear-wheel-drive Cadillac into fast-food America, stuffing myself silly in search of truth and excess. This is what I found.

First things first: This is not a road test. We have driven the 2011 Cadillac CTS-V coupe before, and it is a hell of a car. If you want to know more about it, about what it's like to drive, you should click here. You will learn things about the V coupe in this post, but it is by no means a standard review.

As I've mentioned before, my wife and I are spending the summer working in New York City. This means that I've spent most of the season not driving, as the Five Boroughs are pretty much the worst place on earth to own a car. We walk places. It is alternately nice (no traffic!) and boring (no speed!). Because of this, it's often necessary to get the hell out.

A few weeks ago, Jalopnik contributor and The Onion editor John Krewson and I took a Cadillac CTS-V coupe into the wilds of New York state. We went in search of burnouts and rolling asphalt, but we also went looking for America. If, we figured, the V coupe represents what Detroit does best (blissfully self-conscious excess), then we would spend a day focusing on one of the things that America does best (blissfully bad food, consumed to excess).

One day. Several hundred miles of hoonage. At least eight full meals' worth of food and enough liquid grease to refloat the Titanic. I ate and drove until I didn't know my own name. This is what happened.

Old 07-28-2010, 10:19 PM
Launching!

I look at the CTS-V coupe as basically the new Camaro Z28. Same engine, transmission, similar weight.
Old 07-30-2010, 12:52 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by violent_celerity
I look at the CTS-V coupe as basically the new Camaro Z28. Same engine, transmission, similar weight.
Check the price.....
Old 07-30-2010, 03:34 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BAD2000TA
Check the price.....
Well no ****... I'm saying from a performance standpoint, I think they'll be very similar.

Quick Reply: Jalopnik - Cadillac CTS-V Coupe & Fast Food