Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

UAW Pickets Themselves

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 04:43 PM
WANNABE GENIUS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Z Fury
Not when they are pushing for raises in a recession, and bitching about concessions on unfunded liabilities when GM is in the process of bankruptcy.

Are you happy that unions were able to violate bankruptcy law by jumping to the front of the list for payouts? (Dumb question, of course you are. Contract laws be damned!)
O come on! The UAW never asked for raises during a recession and you know it. We accepted a 50% pay reduction for entry level workers at the last contract. As ive said time and again this country has allowed the so-called free market to handle many of our needs instead of the public funding itself like the foreign markets. As a result we are now poorly set up to compete against foreign markets who are better prepared.

And im not sure what laws you are accusing the UAW of violating but id kindly ask for the indictment letter that claims we did because the govt has never contacted us. So I assume you must be high up in the Justice dept to know what youre even talking about
Old 10-23-2010, 06:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by wannabess00
Oh geez! Ok, the $70hr average isnt pay plus benefits and health care. Its also the legacy costs added in, which the foreign companies dont have. So when people like you say that big3 workers make a larger hourly rate thats just a flat out lie. Toyota pays their workers a dollar an hour more than big3 workers. Most automakers do. Thats their way of keeping the UAW out of their company. Its an unintended consequence of our efforts in the big3.

As far as Chryslers bankruptcy goes. They were well on their way without us lowering our standards. And they did not sow to our satisfaction that they had a clear vision for making money unless workers worked for fastfood wages.
Employee earnings = wages + benefits paid by employer

Please learn this before you keep spouting off that the UAW employees earn less.

Labor costs to the company = wages paid + benefits paid + (employer) taxes paid

Please learn this before you claim that the UAW is not impairing the competitiveness of the Big 3 with the foreign manufacturers.
Old 10-23-2010, 06:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

O come on! The UAW never asked for raises during a recession and you know it. We accepted a 50% pay reduction for entry level workers at the last contract. As ive said time and again this country has allowed the so-called free market to handle many of our needs instead of the public funding itself like the foreign markets. As a result we are now poorly set up to compete against foreign markets who are better prepared.

And im not sure what laws you are accusing the UAW of violating but id kindly ask for the indictment letter that claims we did because the govt has never contacted us. So I assume you must be high up in the Justice dept to know what youre even talking about
Per contract law, debts are paid in the order of their priority. This is the legal order:
1. Secured Creditors (up to the value of their collateral)
2. Administrative costs for bankruptcy proceedings
3. Gap Creditors (debts occurring after the filing but before the order of relief)
4. Wages unpaid (must be earned within 90 days prior to filing & maximum priority is $10,950/employee)
5. Employee Benefits unpaid (must be earned within 180 days prior to filing and maximum priority is $10.950/employee)
6. Grain Producers & Fishermen unpaid (maximum priority is $5,400/individual)
7. Consumer Deposits for goods or services not received (maximum priority is $2,425/employee)
8. Alimony and Child Support unpaid
9. Taxes unpaid
10. All other Debts

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but union costs don't quite count as Secured Creditors, yet the union was paid first in the bankruptcy of GM... Hmmmm...
I apologize for saying the UAW violated contract law, as they didn't directly. They got Washington to do that for them.
Old 10-23-2010, 07:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

As ive said time and again this country has allowed the so-called free market to handle many of our needs instead of the public funding itself like the foreign markets. As a result we are now poorly set up to compete against foreign markets who are better prepared.
Expound please.
Old 10-23-2010, 07:11 PM
WANNABE GENIUS

Employee earnings = wages + benefits paid by employer

Please learn this before you keep spouting off that the UAW employees earn less.

Labor costs to the company = wages paid + benefits paid + (employer) taxes paid

Please learn this before you claim that the UAW is not impairing the competitiveness of the Big 3 with the foreign manufacturers.

Please learn that I am an elected official within the UAW and deal with this on a day to day basis. So im quite certain my credentials far exceed yours on this topic..

The $70hr number was put out by Andrew Ross Sorkin and the New York Times back in 08 as a way to feed people that hate unions in general dishonest propaganda....ill let this break it down for you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AcFMkG0jRs

Last edited by wannabess00; 10-23-2010 at 07:18 PM.
Old 10-23-2010, 07:17 PM
WANNABE GENIUS

Per contract law, debts are paid in the order of their priority. This is the legal order:
1. Secured Creditors (up to the value of their collateral)
2. Administrative costs for bankruptcy proceedings
3. Gap Creditors (debts occurring after the filing but before the order of relief)
4. Wages unpaid (must be earned within 90 days prior to filing & maximum priority is $10,950/employee)
5. Employee Benefits unpaid (must be earned within 180 days prior to filing and maximum priority is $10.950/employee)
6. Grain Producers & Fishermen unpaid (maximum priority is $5,400/individual)
7. Consumer Deposits for goods or services not received (maximum priority is $2,425/employee)
8. Alimony and Child Support unpaid
9. Taxes unpaid
10. All other Debts

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but union costs don't quite count as Secured Creditors, yet the union was paid first in the bankruptcy of GM... Hmmmm...
I apologize for saying the UAW violated contract law, as they didn't directly. They got Washington to do that for them.
Then Id contact the justice dept and let them know you've found mishandling of bankruptcy as you are clearly a constitutional scholar and know more than they. And maybe we can get this all sorted out. Im sure they would have no explanation and would flat out say they ignored the laws. And all the legal experts that work in media would finally see youve done your homework and will hire you because even they missed this scandal
Old 10-23-2010, 11:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Talking

Originally Posted by Darksol
OH damn what a burn. Why do you have such a vested interest in UAW practices as to argue for them for 14 pages then?
because i can.
Old 10-23-2010, 11:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ss1129
He's not allowed to press the shift key. Only the Shift Key Tech Consultant can do that...and if hes at home.....you don't get any ******* capital letters that day.
do you have anything to add but BS ever?
Old 10-23-2010, 11:36 PM
12 Second Club

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by ULTIMATEORANGESS
do you have anything to add but BS ever?
Im not going to sit here and argue back and forth with you for days because your pro UAW and Im anti UAW. Its never going to go anywhere.
Old 10-24-2010, 12:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ss1129
Im not going to sit here and argue back and forth with you for days because your pro UAW and Im anti UAW. Its never going to go anywhere.
for once we agree lol.
Old 10-24-2010, 12:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

i like the claim the big three had no money to build a quality vehicle but yet they had money to pay for lawsuits, recalls and warranty claims that cost millions and lost customers forever.

they also had money to buy saab, volvo, fiat, jaguar. GMAC which was johnson and johnson i believe but no money for R&D. who knows WTF they bought that wasnt even auto related.

they also had money for bonuses, corp. jets and limos.

i guess they needed them when they went to beg for money ROFL.

nope, not a leadership problem here lol.
Old 10-24-2010, 12:41 AM
***Repost Police***

Did they have money to teach people how to multi-quote? Or do you only do this to see your post count rise?
Old 10-24-2010, 12:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Did they have money to teach people how to multi-quote? Or do you only do this to see your post count rise?

only one i see posting just to post is you.

why dont you ask to be a moderator on here? im sure youll attract many new members.
Old 10-24-2010, 12:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

Talking

Originally Posted by nhraracer
Oh no what is a man to do? I have been judged to be a douchebag by the man who can't find the shift key. Woe is me...
and that makes you what? a douchebag lol.
Old 10-24-2010, 01:00 AM
***Repost Police***

only one i see posting just to post is you.

why dont you ask to be a moderator on here? im sure youll attract many new members.
I can't take anything you post seriously, because I typed better than you when I was 13 years old. You keep representing yourself as having below-average intelligence/comprehension skills. "i dont care what you think of me LOL!!"
Old 10-24-2010, 01:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
I can't take anything you post seriously, because I typed better than you when I was 13 years old. You keep representing yourself as having below-average intelligence/comprehension skills. "i dont care what you think of me LOL!!"
you just dont quit do you lol.

youre worse than these anti union retards. at least they try.
Old 10-24-2010, 01:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

You all have showed us why GM and the America auto industry has gone to the *******
Old 10-24-2010, 01:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by GMmexican
You all have showed us why GM and the America auto industry has gone to the *******

and its a LOL.
Old 10-24-2010, 01:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Like someone said before the japanese are building better quality cars for cheaper
Old 10-24-2010, 08:26 AM
12 Second Club

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

you just dont quit do you lol.

youre worse than these anti union retards. at least they try.
For the record, its not being anti union that makes me a retard.

Quick Reply: UAW Pickets Themselves