Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

Muscle Cars Buck Downward Trend in Coupe and Sports-Car Sales

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 10:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So all this bickering about the Corvette aside, it looks like us muscle/pony fans should be happy with the sales trends of the Camaro, Mustang, and Challenger. In an economy like this these cars are definitely doing something right.
Old 12-22-2010, 11:04 PM
10 Second Club

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by TriShield
Facts - it's a poorly assembled car, it's made out of very chintzy materials
No, that's not a fact actually, that's an opinion.
Having owned a Corvette C6 for 4 years now I believe the interior materials aren't chintzy at all and the car is put together quite well. Even my C4 LT1 wasn't all that bad, all things considered.
Again, a subjective opinion of course.
Perhaps your standards and expectations are a little too high?
Finding a suitable home or even a good enough restaurant must be hell for people like that LOL.

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
"Poorly assembled car"? Just because you don't like the seats or steering wheel doesn't mean the entire car is poorly assembled. And I have to disagree with material quality being comparable to a Cobalt. I think you should stick to Bentley, since anything less seems to equal a Cobalt in your eyes.
Old 12-22-2010, 11:07 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by LS1LT1
No, that's not a fact actually, that's an opinion.
Having owned a Corvette C6 for 4 years now I believe the interior materials aren't chintzy at all and the car is put together quite well. Even my C4 LT1 wasn't all that bad, all things considered.
Again, a subjective opinion of course.
Perhaps your standards and expectations are a little too high?
Finding a suitable home or even a good enough restaurant must be hell for people like that LOL.
All I need to know
Old 12-23-2010, 12:41 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,684 Likes on 1,206 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1LT1
Old 12-23-2010, 10:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
I'd rather buy an LT4 Vette than my mom's LS1 in a few years (and the C5 is the plan right now), and part of the reason is the interior. Not because it's nice, but because of exactly the opposite; To ME, the Vette has always been a bit of a street fighter, and the C4 Corvette embodies that to me. It's crass, uncomfortable, hot, has no room, etc. GM chose to move the Corvette upscale in an effort to make it more "world class." That was THEIR choice. And now they need to have an interior to match it.

Well my C4 only had 48k miles on it when I got it, and it was a weekend car for the couple that had it before me. So it was about as pristine/factory as they get. It was very tight, just enough room for 2 normal sized people and a bit of luggage in the back (we grocery shopped in it at times). There were a few plastic pieces that I could see developing rattles, but mine was a '95 and seemed to have most of those issues fixed. It was also very easy to keep cool, especially with tint, that huge AC system in such a small car was AWESOME lol. My favorite thing though was probably the lack of room you describe.

You pretty much climb down into it, and sit right between the frame rails, and when the door is closed the dash appears to wrap around you, all the buttons and switches located conveniently within just a fingers reach. Mine had the optional powered leather seats and was pretty comfortable, but I'm not a big guy. 5'10" 200lb, it was like that car was made for me.

Man, now I'll be daydreaming on CL all day LOL
Old 12-23-2010, 08:46 PM
10 Second Club

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by $750 L98
Well my C4 only had 48k miles on it when I got it, and it was a weekend car for the couple that had it before me. So it was about as pristine/factory as they get. It was very tight, just enough room for 2 normal sized people and a bit of luggage in the back (we grocery shopped in it at times). There were a few plastic pieces that I could see developing rattles, but mine was a '95 and seemed to have most of those issues fixed. It was also very easy to keep cool, especially with tint, that huge AC system in such a small car was AWESOME lol. My favorite thing though was probably the lack of room you describe.

You pretty much climb down into it, and sit right between the frame rails, and when the door is closed the dash appears to wrap around you, all the buttons and switches located conveniently within just a fingers reach. Mine had the optional powered leather seats and was pretty comfortable, but I'm not a big guy. 5'10" 200lb, it was like that car was made for me.
That's EXACTLY how I would describe mine (it was also a '95) as well. It was a very solid car with the roof on and I too loved the way ya fall down into C4s, one might even call them the last of the 'real mans' Corvettes LOL. Though I do love the C5s and C6s as well and they are better cars overall.

Quick Reply: Muscle Cars Buck Downward Trend in Coupe and Sports-Car Sales