Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

February 2011 Camaro sales (almost double mustangs)

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 01:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

Default February 2011 Camaro sales (almost double mustangs)

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132136

Old 03-01-2011, 07:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

its not almost double but its an *** kicking.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:39 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs up

I'm just happy to see them both selling so well, especially in these harder times.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1LT1
I'm just happy to see them both selling so well, especially in these harder times.
Agreed. The fact that these cars are selling so well, regardless of brand, ensures us that they will stick around for awhile. I think everyone here will agree that is a good thing.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:30 PM
TECH Veteran

GM has the newer, fresher package and it shows ultimately in sales.

The Mustang as good as reviews make it out to be, is living on a refresh of the 2005 model.

If anything is going to dampen the sales of both cars it's going to be $4.50 per gallon gas this summer.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:37 PM
Staging Lane

Poor Challenger, its my favorite of the bunch.
Old 03-04-2011, 11:30 AM
11 Second Club

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

the biggest, heaviest, slowest, most expensive one is ur favorite?
Old 03-04-2011, 04:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by TriShield
GM has the newer, fresher package and it shows ultimately in sales.

The Mustang as good as reviews make it out to be, is living on a refresh of the 2005 model.

If anything is going to dampen the sales of both cars it's going to be $4.50 per gallon gas this summer.
hopefully thatll help me get a good deal.
Old 03-04-2011, 05:17 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by ElkySS
It's my favorite too.
Old 03-04-2011, 06:09 PM
Staging Lane

Yes, its the best looking one. I've test driven all three and the Challenger is the only one with an interior that I can tolerate. The Mustang and Camaro both have terrible looking interiors. I'll admit that the Challenger does feel pretty heavy when driven, but it looks so good. The SRT392 Challenger is also fairly priced at around $47K and runs mid 12's right out of the box.
Old 03-05-2011, 06:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

47k is fairly priced for a challenger? damn.... i think its a rip.

On a side note i could care less about how many camaros sell because i could never bring myself to buy one... Its as bad as a mustang nut swinger saying how many more mustangs sold over camaros back in the day. Who cares... Camaro is overweight, wheels are way way too big and wheel wells oversize plus the interior is downright ugly IMO (mostly radio area). I went to the dealer wanting to like the camaro but in the end i walked out loving my ws6 even more. very disappointed in the camaro. Should have just kept the G8 and not put the camaro on zeta. The G8 is the better car. The camaro platform is amazing (cough G8) but the car as a camaro just simply isnt. Something so big, sorry HUGE, with truck size tires just doesnt scream camaro to me. Ill keep my ws6 and buy a z06 in a couple years.

Last edited by got-a-ls1; 03-05-2011 at 07:02 AM.
Old 03-05-2011, 11:37 AM
Launching!

With the new engine for 2012 I don't know about the slowest but definatly the most expensive.
Old 03-05-2011, 02:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by got-a-ls1
47k is fairly priced for a challenger? damn.... i think its a rip.

On a side note i could care less about how many camaros sell because i could never bring myself to buy one... Its as bad as a mustang nut swinger saying how many more mustangs sold over camaros back in the day. Who cares... Camaro is overweight, wheels are way way too big and wheel wells oversize plus the interior is downright ugly IMO (mostly radio area). I went to the dealer wanting to like the camaro but in the end i walked out loving my ws6 even more. very disappointed in the camaro. Should have just kept the G8 and not put the camaro on zeta. The G8 is the better car. The camaro platform is amazing (cough G8) but the car as a camaro just simply isnt. Something so big, sorry HUGE, with truck size tires just doesnt scream camaro to me. Ill keep my ws6 and buy a z06 in a couple years.
I could care less about sales as well.

But I was ripped up one side and down the other several months back by a certain moderator about how the mustang was going to fly off of the shelves in comparison to the camaro when the new 5.0 motor came out. I was told I was an idiot and knew next to nothing about cars and what makes them sell.

I'll be posting these figures every single month.
Old 03-05-2011, 04:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well GM finally figured out how to build a Camaro that can top the Mustang in sales....and Ford finally figured out how to build a Mustang that can beat the Camaro in a race. I guess it's all good either way. Buy what you like and you'll be satisfied with it...regardless of which car it is. All three have something special to offer.

My only question here is why not keep all the updated sales figures in one thread?
Old 03-06-2011, 05:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ThisBlood147
Well GM finally figured out how to build a Camaro that can top the Mustang in sales....and Ford finally figured out how to build a Mustang that can beat the Camaro in a race.
who would have thunk it, I wonder if high gas prices will polish these cars off though.
Old 03-06-2011, 06:04 PM
13 Second Truck Club

I think one of the reasons Mustangs outsold Camaros a few times in the last year or was not the fact of the new 5.0 coming out but the very big rebates and how much they are willing to come down on the price. So thats deff. a strong statement that the camaro still can outsell mustang even after the newness of the bodystyle wore off and GM is not coming off the prices much.
Old 03-06-2011, 06:55 PM
TECH Veteran

https://ls1tech.com/forums/automotiv...l#post14599544

Motor Trend had one in their fleet for a few years that they are selling. Their final write-up on it does a good job of illustrating the Challenger's appeal, which isn't solely created by numbers.
Old 03-06-2011, 11:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 726.0chevelle
I think one of the reasons Mustangs outsold Camaros a few times in the last year or was not the fact of the new 5.0 coming out but the very big rebates and how much they are willing to come down on the price. So thats deff. a strong statement that the camaro still can outsell mustang even after the newness of the bodystyle wore off and GM is not coming off the prices much.
Well, I had a revelation recently that has made me consider a theory as to why the Camaro has become the more sales-popular car versus the Mustang. I began to notice this during the last few months, and it finally dawned on me. I see quite a number of 5th gens nowadays (nearly 2 to 3 times more than the number of 2010+ Mustangs), and nearly 4 out of 5 that I see on the road.....have female pilots. Same goes for my work place: there are three 2010 Camaro's in the parking lot everyday (2 LT's and an SS)...all 3 owned by ladies that work in the administration office.

Now, granted this is just my own personal observation based on my own experiences thus far.....but it seems that the new Camaro may have become more popular amongst the female market than the current model Mustang: something that was not true during much of the last generation of Camaro vs Mustang sales. I think this may be the reason why the Chevy has continued to retain sales dominance over the Ford during this past year and a half, and it's something that bodes well for GM in the next few years to come. It seems that the real key to winning the sales race rest with the female market, and the new Camaro finally has that special presence/quality/spark about it that's needed to tap into that market, unlike its 4th gen counterparts.

The implications of all this? The 5th gen Camaro may well remain the consistent better seller over the Mustang for much of the remainder of this current production generation. Unfortunately, it also runs the risk of the 5th gen Camaro becoming the next big chick car.

The Mustang should continue to sell pretty well despite being second to the Camaro, but I'm beginning to doubt that it will regain the clear sales crown during the remainder of this generation. As mentioned, this car has basically been around since late 04, and I think it will take the redesign for the 2014 model for this car to really recapture the attention of the automotive public (as far as the musclecar market is concerned).
Old 03-07-2011, 06:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ThisBlood147
Well, I had a revelation recently that has made me consider a theory as to why the Camaro has become the more sales-popular car versus the Mustang. I began to notice this during the last few months, and it finally dawned on me. I see quite a number of 5th gens nowadays (nearly 2 to 3 times more than the number of 2010+ Mustangs), and nearly 4 out of 5 that I see on the road.....have female pilots. Same goes for my work place: there are three 2010 Camaro's in the parking lot everyday (2 LT's and an SS)...all 3 owned by ladies that work in the administration office.

Now, granted this is just my own personal observation based on my own experiences thus far.....but it seems that the new Camaro may have become more popular amongst the female market than the current model Mustang: something that was not true during much of the last generation of Camaro vs Mustang sales. I think this may be the reason why the Chevy has continued to retain sales dominance over the Ford during this past year and a half, and it's something that bodes well for GM in the next few years to come. It seems that the real key to winning the sales race rest with the female market, and the new Camaro finally has that special presence/quality/spark about it that's needed to tap into that market, unlike its 4th gen counterparts.

The implications of all this? The 5th gen Camaro may well remain the consistent better seller over the Mustang for much of the remainder of this current production generation. Unfortunately, it also runs the risk of the 5th gen Camaro becoming the next big chick car.

The Mustang should continue to sell pretty well despite being second to the Camaro, but I'm beginning to doubt that it will regain the clear sales crown during the remainder of this generation. As mentioned, this car has basically been around since late 04, and I think it will take the redesign for the 2014 model for this car to really recapture the attention of the automotive public (as far as the musclecar market is concerned).
You're right. I know six 5th gen Camaro owners, three of which are female. I didn't know any ladies who owned a 4th gen...until I bought my wife a 98 Formula. But even then it was a male-drive(mine) decision.

Last edited by 94FBIRD; 03-07-2011 at 06:25 PM. Reason: add contnet
Old 03-07-2011, 06:31 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Yea I can believe that thisblood as much as it blows peoples minds on here 95+% of the people out there dont care about horsepower numbers its all about looks then price. I mean why did mustangs in the late 60s kill camaro sells?

Quick Reply: February 2011 Camaro sales (almost double mustangs)