Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

Camaro outselling Mustang again

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 11:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ULTIMATEORANGESS
bro, every chance you get you make something out of nothing. as always you go on and on.

try staying on the subject instead of over stating everything.
Funny... You make comments about the performance, but when I do... It's a rant and nobody else did it, as if you hadn't already... Of course, you had.

Originally Posted by lovescamaros28
Let me make something clear. You do the very same thing you accuse others of not doing. You dont pay attention. I clearly stated that the car with the more efficient HP curve is going to win in the 1/4 mile. I was not aware that I was required to break it down barney style for you. BROAD POWER CURVE=GOOD!
I know the formula TQXRPM/5252=HP already, so once again...I dont need your help lol. You were clearly denoting that TQ numbers were more important than HP, as a feeble attempt to correct me using HP to justify comparison between two cars. I took it upon myself, to teach you something. The most accurate way to find your 1/4 mile ET is obivously running your vehicle down the track, but if you want a good ballpark figure then you can use ET= Weight / HP^.333x5.825. On a racetrack such as Laguna Seca,you are constantly on and off the accelerator, so TQ is going to be extremely important. When drag racing, the average HP that your engine produces throughout its power curve in addition to taking into account gearing,and weight you will have a very close estimate of what your 1/4 ET will be.

As far as the California Special is concerned. It is basically an appearance package and has no significance in HP/TQ to claim it is a step up in any way.

Since you are a Z06 guy, I must know do you prefer the LS engines or the 5.0?
I'd prefer if you actually were clear, Mr. Obama. I don't base my engine preference on the car it's in, let alone the badge that car has attached(it's generally just a piece of plastic, ya know)... You do, but I won't. I prefer the ZO6 because it is a cut above most vehicles, particularly in its price range.

The CS version isn't a step up and that was my point... It's a step DOWN. It weighs a bit more and has performance hindering wheels, for starters. You're so busy trying to make me look bad, you totally missed the point. I'm not surprised.

It isn't just the car with the broader hp curve that will win a drag race... Torque matters. Higher hp can help increase the mph while more torque can allow a quicker takeoff. The formula is one thing... Knowing it is immaterial, particularly when you have decided only half of it matters.
Old 05-06-2011, 11:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Smile

BS, you start an argument every chance you get.

sales figures arent debatable yet you continue with your nonsense.
Old 05-07-2011, 01:14 AM
TECH Resident

BS, you start an argument every chance you get.

sales figures arent debatable yet you continue with your nonsense.
They also don't matter in deciding the better car, yet you keep arguing they do.
Old 05-07-2011, 06:24 AM
Teching In

Default Camaro Out Selling Mustang.

Its good to see that there are three muscle cars out there, Mustang, Camaro and Challenger.
Camaro is up insale now and will be for some time. The new 5.0 Mustang came out as a response to the Camaro and Ford needed to update there engines.
There are a lot of people sitting on 2005 - 2010 Mustangs (S-197)that are not ready to trade to the 2011 5.0 Mustang . We have a 2008 Mustang GT with small up grades and it runs mint and not ready to step into a 5.0 Mustang. So are alot of other people not ready to upgrade. There were no previous Camaros other than the Gen 4. There is a gap to be filled in.
There would have never been any more Camaro had not Ford made great success out of their Pony Car. or no Challengers.

As far as which one is faster, could depend on the driver skill too.
I rode with a experinced driver last week in a Stock 97 WS6 LT1. He out ran the 2010 Camaro SS.
The driver of the WS6 knew how to drive and put the LT1 through paces I did not think it could handle.
Good work to Ford, Gm and Dodge for the new updated cars.
Old 05-07-2011, 07:14 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by gocartone
They also don't matter in deciding the better car, yet you keep arguing they do.
WRONG. what i am saying is despite nonsense constantly posted here about 5th gens they are highly regarded and successful and idiotic badmouthing doesnt change that.
Old 05-07-2011, 11:32 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by It'llrun
Funny... You make comments about the performance, but when I do... It's a rant and nobody else did it, as if you hadn't already... Of course, you had.

I'd prefer if you actually were clear, Mr. Obama. I don't base my engine preference on the car it's in, let alone the badge that car has attached(it's generally just a piece of plastic, ya know)... You do, but I won't. I prefer the ZO6 because it is a cut above most vehicles, particularly in its price range.

The CS version isn't a step up and that was my point... It's a step DOWN. It weighs a bit more and has performance hindering wheels, for starters. You're so busy trying to make me look bad, you totally missed the point. I'm not surprised.

It isn't just the car with the broader hp curve that will win a drag race... Torque matters. Higher hp can help increase the mph while more torque can allow a quicker takeoff. The formula is one thing... Knowing it is immaterial, particularly when you have decided only half of it matters.

Who has decided only half matters? I stated this in an earlier post "I am not taking nothing away from TQ, it is the stump pulling,wheel stand launching force that propels/accelerates the car. HP is in fact just a measurement from TQ at a specific RPM." Ideally you want to launch at peak torque.

Last edited by lovescamaros28; 05-07-2011 at 11:42 AM.
Old 05-07-2011, 02:55 PM
***Repost Police***

thats fine. but others do like it and shouldnt have to explain or justify why. youve made your point plenty of times and theres really no need to constantly drag it out is there?

for instance, some feel when its not even remotely involved in a discussion they cant resist starting **** just to start an argument.

its pointless and stupid and proves and changes nothing.
Every time any discussion about a Mustang OR Camaro comes up, you throw out that the Camaro is selling more. You invite arguments.
You are entitled to your opinion. However, the majority of the public disagrees with you. Whether you like it or not, the 5th Gen Camaro is a hot seller compared to the 1998-2002 F-bodies which were outsold by the Mustang with Firebird and Camaro sales combined!
I have no problem at all with the Camaro selling well. But as said before, that does not make it the "better" car. I don't know why you can't understand that.
Old 05-07-2011, 03:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Smile

lol i dont invite ****. you know damn well you and others instigate arguments.

whats the topic here? how did we get to where we are? not because of me. again, people on this site are going to like 5th gens.

theres no reason to waste time badmouthing them you and others need to keep things on topic or start your own threads.
Old 05-07-2011, 03:53 PM
***Repost Police***

lol i dont invite ****. you know damn well you and others instigate arguments.
Really? This was your VERY FIRST post in this thread.
i already rubbed this in already.

april sales coming soon though.
But of course, you don't try and start arguments.
Old 05-07-2011, 03:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Really? This was your VERY FIRST post in this thread.

But of course, you don't try and start arguments.

again, you fail to comprehend. thats in response to constant idiocy in here regarding 5th gens.

you and a couple of your butt buddies live for this ****. i just retaliate.

why cant you and others just deal with the fact camaros are outselling mustangs and move on?

if you and others dont start shirt then neither will i. if it continues to go on then ill be here to keep things exciting.
Old 05-07-2011, 04:02 PM
***Repost Police***

again, you fail to comprehend. thats in response to constant idiocy in here regarding 5th gens.

you and a couple of your butt buddies live for this ****. i just retaliate.

why cant you and others just deal with the fact camaros are outselling mustangs and move on?

if you and others dont start shirt then neither will i. if it continues to go on then ill be here to keep things exciting.
There is nothing idiotic about expressing opinions on a car based on tangible and obvious traits. There is, however, tons of idiocy in praising a car simply because of sales.
Old 05-07-2011, 04:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Wink

There is nothing idiotic about expressing opinions on a car based on tangible and obvious traits. There is, however, tons of idiocy in praising a car simply because of sales.
its idiotic to keep posting the same hateful stupid **** over and over. so because of that youre going to **** thrown back.

but whats really idiotic is the majority of ones posts criticizing the same thing over and over and pretending that theyre not hateful and are being objective.
Old 05-07-2011, 07:24 PM
TECH Regular

Every time any discussion about a Mustang OR Camaro comes up, you throw out that the Camaro is selling more. You invite arguments.

I have no problem at all with the Camaro selling well. But as said before, that does not make it the "better" car. I don't know why you can't understand that.
I was simply stating in my personal opinion it is a better car. I am entitled to that opinion. I may have also posted that obviously most people think the Camaro is the better car since they chose to purchase the 10/11 Camaros instead of the Mustang. I know the Mustang does have its advantages too.
Old 05-08-2011, 12:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It's remarkable, to me at least, that those of you arguing against the Camaro sales flag wavers have yet to figure out that these kind of bickering sessions are precisely what these threads are meant to encourage. And yet you all continue to oblige.....again and again.

Buy what you like people...regardless of how fast it is or how much other people like it.
Old 05-09-2011, 05:23 PM
***Repost Police***

I was simply stating in my personal opinion it is a better car. I am entitled to that opinion. I may have also posted that obviously most people think the Camaro is the better car since they chose to purchase the 10/11 Camaros instead of the Mustang. I know the Mustang does have its advantages too.
I'll just leave this here...
I would wager that many people who buy Camaros don't even consider getting a Mustang. Just like many of the people on here. To people who OBJECTIVELY compare the cars, I would imagine it would be a little harder to swing in favor of the Camaro.
Originally Posted by gocartone
Agreed 100%. A lot of people don't compare the two, they are die hard Camaro or Mustang fans. For those that do, there's nothing the Camaro has in it's favor.
Old 05-09-2011, 05:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Wink

i would also wager mustang buyers dont even consider buying a camaro either.
Old 05-09-2011, 05:43 PM
***Repost Police***

It goes both ways, obviously. Which is why claiming that a car is better, just because it sells better, is RETARDED.
Old 05-09-2011, 05:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

i agree, better is a matter of opinion and what youre looking for though i think a 5.0 is a BETTER drag platform.
Old 05-09-2011, 10:58 PM
Teching In

Coming from someone who had driven both for extended periods of time....

The Camaro was very cool and got more looks (Orange SS, 2010). I wasn't blow away by the speed, but it was pretty good (it was the auto and a rental i had for 10 days out in Yellowstone). Visability...SUCKS... you really have to get used to the high doors slim window view. You DO get used to it, but you are getting used to not being able to see as much. Im sure they did this for safety reasons (crash impact) and to make it look more sleek, but at the expense of driver visibility and the ability to lean your left arm out of the window in a comfortable position. The radio controls... are pretty retarded. They work and aren't bad, but first impressions you cant tell the radio dial from the A/C dial without stopping and looking at them.
Seat was comfy and leather was nice. Stereo was decent as well, but you arent going to be 'bumping down the road' the stereo in my cobalt SS w/10" factory sub destroys this thing, which is kinda sad.

Overall not a bad car, very low to the ground and easy to scrape up. I was very careful and still got a few knicks in it with only about 4,000 miles of driving.

2011+ mustang. very good visability. Easy to get in and out of. About the same power as the camaro but for some reason it 'felt' faster. Probably becauseyou can hear the exhaust inthe cabin vs the camaro where you really only hear it outside of the car. Handled better and didnt feel as big. It was much more common and didnt really get a ton of looks unless i stomped on it and rev'd the engine Could have been that i was in detroit though and both of these cars are as common as camrys here
Old 05-09-2011, 11:00 PM
Teching In

I should also note that Ford Sync OWNS anything that GM has. All of the cars I own are GM with onstar and I NEVER use it. I always use my cellphones GPS. Only thing Onstar is good for is if you get into a monsterously serious crash and are pinned in the car on a deserted road somewhere that no one would see and dial 911 on cell.

Quick Reply: Camaro outselling Mustang again