Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

Camaro outselling Mustang again

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 05:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Satchmo
Coming from someone who had driven both for extended periods of time....

The Camaro was very cool and got more looks (Orange SS, 2010). I wasn't blow away by the speed, but it was pretty good (it was the auto and a rental i had for 10 days out in Yellowstone). Visability...SUCKS... you really have to get used to the high doors slim window view. You DO get used to it, but you are getting used to not being able to see as much. Im sure they did this for safety reasons (crash impact) and to make it look more sleek, but at the expense of driver visibility and the ability to lean your left arm out of the window in a comfortable position. The radio controls... are pretty retarded. They work and aren't bad, but first impressions you cant tell the radio dial from the A/C dial without stopping and looking at them.
Seat was comfy and leather was nice. Stereo was decent as well, but you arent going to be 'bumping down the road' the stereo in my cobalt SS w/10" factory sub destroys this thing, which is kinda sad.

Overall not a bad car, very low to the ground and easy to scrape up. I was very careful and still got a few knicks in it with only about 4,000 miles of driving.

2011+ mustang. very good visability. Easy to get in and out of. About the same power as the camaro but for some reason it 'felt' faster. Probably becauseyou can hear the exhaust inthe cabin vs the camaro where you really only hear it outside of the car. Handled better and didnt feel as big. It was much more common and didnt really get a ton of looks unless i stomped on it and rev'd the engine Could have been that i was in detroit though and both of these cars are as common as camrys here

ive read an upgraded stereo option is a must and its very nice.
Old 06-02-2011, 07:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

And YET again the Camaro outsells the Mustang for the month of May..... More like destroys it

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150464
Old 06-02-2011, 07:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Smile

posted this already but yes camaro takes it again.
Old 06-17-2011, 04:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-0...oubt-cars.html
Old 06-17-2011, 05:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

Old 06-17-2011, 07:11 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seems like a complaint has been made about the lack of V6 engines for Mustang. That's hogwash as excuses go. Low sales due to lack of small engine? CRAPOLA meter went crazy on that thought. So 51% of Mustangs this yr have been V6's and only 40% for all of last year, but somehow.... sales are suffering due to lack of V6's... Pffft... Sales are suffering due to lack of a good economy and VERY little else. Camaro is outpacing everything in this niche and it's surprising in general, but more than anything, that sales aren't dropping like everything lacking excellent fuel economy and low price, lately.
Old 06-18-2011, 10:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will say that is weird to see a crap ton of woman driving the new camaro! lol. Seems like the mustang and camaro swapped. New mustang is faster, 5.0 vs SS, and see only men driving them and see alot of new camaro's but women driving them. Good for Chevy selling lots of them tho, just sad to see the performance isn't any better than the 4th gen.

Quick Reply: Camaro outselling Mustang again