Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

2012 ZR1 goes back to the 'Ring

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 08:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by DoggyB22
Yes I know the ACR is rwd...... I was referring the rwd comment to the GT-R
Ha, I know, I was just giving you a hard time man. Also, for what you pay for this car, I think I would expect it to be a little faster than the GTR. This thing is not cheap. It's just so sick though.
Old 06-10-2011, 09:40 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just came back from a michelin convention. Those mich sports cups are badass
Old 06-11-2011, 03:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
Weird how there are no GTR fanbois do be found when a thread like this pops up...
What are you talking about? I've been a supporter of the GTR since day 1 and I still think it's an incredible car. How does the ZR1 breaking it's own record have anything to do with the GTR's achievements?

ZR1's accomplishments speak for themselves as do the GTR's. Those two cars have nothing in common and aren't even in the same class, maybe your just looking for an argument where there's none to be had.
Old 06-11-2011, 08:47 AM
On The Tree

Weird how there are no GTR fanbois do be found when a thread like this pops up... Kinda reminds me of the texas mile Camaro thread, all the Supra fanboys talking crap when a Supra made a record, yet nothing said when a Camaro (or Ford GT) beats it...
You sound a little angry there. Most of the GT-R fans are glad that the ZR1 got a better time. It makes 118 more hp and weighs 600lbs less not to mention that it costs $20K more. Do you expect GT-R guys to bow down and say how much better the ZR1 is?

Both cars are fast, give credit where credit is due.
Old 06-11-2011, 12:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Spoolin
What are you talking about? I've been a supporter of the GTR since day 1 and I still think it's an incredible car. How does the ZR1 breaking it's own record have anything to do with the GTR's achievements?

ZR1's accomplishments speak for themselves as do the GTR's. Those two cars have nothing in common and aren't even in the same class, maybe your just looking for an argument where there's none to be had.
Being a supporter is completely different than being a fanboy. Im talking about when all the trolls invaded (like 25psi for example) making numerous threads about the GTR on the ring posting untrue numbers, then commenting on the vette not being able to touch it.

Originally Posted by TheHitman
You sound a little angry there. Most of the GT-R fans are glad that the ZR1 got a better time. It makes 118 more hp and weighs 600lbs less not to mention that it costs $20K more. Do you expect GT-R guys to bow down and say how much better the ZR1 is?

Both cars are fast, give credit where credit is due.
No, I expect them to give credit where its due and maybe take off the rose tinted glasses, but I know thats too much to ask.
Old 06-11-2011, 01:17 PM
On The Tree

Being a supporter is completely different than being a fanboy. Im talking about when all the trolls invaded (like 25psi for example) making numerous threads about the GTR on the ring posting untrue numbers, then commenting on the vette not being able to touch it.

No, I expect them to give credit where its due and maybe take off the rose tinted glasses, but I know thats too much to ask.

On the GT-R forums they are giving the ZR1 plenty of credit. The ZR1 got a better time around the ring. Also if you are talking about the time the 2012 GT-R posted (7:24.22) around the ring as being false its not. Its verified on video.

Why not just leave this thread to celebrating the ZR1 being the fastest production car around the ring rather than bashing other cars? That's more sportsman-like.
Old 06-11-2011, 01:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Grow up. Being a "fanboy" goes both ways and right now your flying your fanboy flag quite high looking for someone to argue with. If you think 25psi was the only one in those threads go back and look again, I can't even begin to recollect how many times I was accused of being a GT-R fanboy by people on this board.
And if your all about giving credit where it's due I'd like to see you do the same for the GT-R.
Old 06-11-2011, 01:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Why not just leave this thread to celebrating the ZR1 being the fastest production car around the ring rather than bashing other cars? That's more sportsman-like.
Old 06-11-2011, 03:41 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I love the gtr's as I love vettes. I'm a fan of all fast and sexy cars
Old 06-12-2011, 12:45 AM
LEO
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cole Train
I love the gtr's as I love vettes. I'm a fan of all fast and sexy cars
+1.
Old 06-12-2011, 05:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

On the GT-R forums they are giving the ZR1 plenty of credit. The ZR1 got a better time around the ring. Also if you are talking about the time the 2012 GT-R posted (7:24.22) around the ring as being false its not. Its verified on video.
Im talking about when the GTR went around the ring for the first time, a bunch of BS numbers were being thrown around.
Strange, I don't remember bashing any cars at all, only some troll fanboys

Grow up. Being a "fanboy" goes both ways and right now your flying your fanboy flag quite high looking for someone to argue with.
Just wanted to make my point, sorry if it offended you somehow.
Just irritating when trolls come to a GM site to talk smack about GM cars.
If you think 25psi was the only one in those threads go back and look again,
He was a main contributor and one example.

I can't even begin to recollect how many times I was accused of being a GT-R fanboy by people on this board.
That sucks, sorry.
And if your all about giving credit where it's due I'd like to see you do the same for the GT-R.
I always have, its a great all around performer and car.
Old 06-12-2011, 08:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Old 06-13-2011, 01:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by GMmexican

Actually... The only production car faster than the ZR1 at the ring is the Porsche 911 GT2 RS, the Gumpert and the Radical both don't qualify as production cars according to the media. But that claim is open for interpretation.
Old 06-13-2011, 02:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by GMmexican
The things I would do for that car! The 2 cars I really wanna see hit the ring is the Zenvo ST1 & Hennessey Venom GT
Old 06-13-2011, 02:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

What about the SSC Ultimate Aero or whatever it's called? It's got the Horsepower obviously but I guess it might not have the chassis/handling to do it, I've only seen the thing go in a straight line...
Old 06-13-2011, 12:35 PM
On The Tree

Actually... The only production car faster than the ZR1 at the ring is the Porsche 911 GT2 RS, the Gumpert and the Radical both don't qualify as production cars according to the media. But that claim is open for interpretation.
Porsche claimed their time. i have yet to see video of it, and Porsche has fudged their numbers before. they don't like it when someone dethrones them on the 'Ring.
Old 06-13-2011, 12:53 PM
On The Tree

Porsche claimed the time, only released "segments" of the run, and is reported to have run a shorter version of the ring (some 2-300 meters short, which would equate to a minimum extra of 5 seconds on the timer.)

Sounds like Nissan all over again.
Old 06-13-2011, 03:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

I was looking at the Ring times and distances and I found it weird that Ferrari's Ring lap distance is longer than everyone else's by 232 meters. Why they would chose to run a longer lap I don't understand but that's quite a long distance.
Also according to the un-official lap-time board most everyone uses the same distance of 20,600 meters, Porsche included.
Old 06-13-2011, 06:43 PM
TECH Addict

the car..obviously, is bad F'n ***! way to go GM!!!

Jim Mero is the MAN tho! talk about a dream job huh?
wonder what it would do w/ some race rubber and a more aggressive alignment
Old 06-14-2011, 01:30 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by CaptainDirtymax
Porsche claimed their time. i have yet to see video of it, and Porsche has fudged their numbers before. they don't like it when someone dethrones them on the 'Ring.
Originally Posted by Parasoth
Porsche claimed the time, only released "segments" of the run, and is reported to have run a shorter version of the ring (some 2-300 meters short, which would equate to a minimum extra of 5 seconds on the timer.)

Sounds like Nissan all over again.
Good points.

Quick Reply: 2012 ZR1 goes back to the 'Ring