Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

The Car Show With Adam Carolla & Dan Neil Premiers on SPEED Tonight

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2011, 10:55 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know why anyone had doubts about Farrah, I think his material on his website is excellent. His very knowledged and does all his segments with alotta enthusiasm, and decently funny at times. I enjoy enthusiastic guys that love cars all the way from the Miata to the Vettes and to the Exotics.

You can see his passion in almost all of his videos, specially when he cleans his vette. I like him alot.

Salley is not a car guy at all and looks very lost out there. He needs to be booted asap.

Adam's jokes were terrible on the first episode. They were very random and unfunny. He just came off as obnoxious and loud.

On another note I think I'd love to see Jay Leno on there. His very funny and everybody knows that he knows all of his cars. He'd be perfect IMO idk if his the type to joke around though

Overall this was WAY WAY WAY better than the USA Top Gear. That was horrible and I don't understand how it hasn't gotten cancelled already(season 2 starts sunday).
Old 07-27-2011, 04:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think its actually pretty good. John Salley is clueless and needs to go IMO. Adam Carolla is a bit annoying, he could cut the number of stupid jokes in half and be just as brilliant IMO. Farrah is a great talent, I really did enjoy his piece on the Texas mile.

But the real genius in this show is Dan Neil. He is so incredibly polished on camera, and has real knowledge about the subject at hand. IMO you know this guy talks from experience, and I think he's actually the funniest guy on the show because he doesn't try to be funny like Carolla.

Although Tim Allen or Jay Leno would be the best host for this type of show, they both have that charisma that is so hard to find now days. IMO both of those guys are in the same sort of leauge in terms of presentation as Clarkson, James May or Richard Hammond, but their overall car knowelge, especially on American cars, blows all three of those dudes out of the water.

Quick Reply: The Car Show With Adam Carolla & Dan Neil Premiers on SPEED Tonight