Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 02-02-2012, 12:55 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's what I'm talking about!
Old 02-02-2012, 01:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love this car. If I had the means, I would have one.
Old 02-02-2012, 01:18 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Corvette nut swingers are out in full effect in a Lamborghini thread. Nice.
Old 02-02-2012, 07:45 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by LEO
Under ordinary conditions meaning standard. What the NHRA corrects to. ZR1 is not capable of matching the Aventador.
I agree. On the same track on the same day with the same driver skill the Aventador should win every time.

But.

NHRA correction factors (which are NEVER entirely accurate anyway) aside, if you're going to quickly point out how 'great' the DA/air conditions were for the ZR1 when it went 10.6, then isn't only fair to do the very same for the Lamborghini?
Let us explore a little further shall we?
The Nardo test track where that test was performed is not too far from the ocean and is at roughly 148 feet elevation. MIR is 80 feet.
In this video below, our host is wearing a jacket (colder air = more power etc.), no gloves or hat of course so it's probably not VERY cold out and we of course don't know the barometer or humidity readings from that day either.
But is that SNOW on the beach/ground at the 4:27 mark in the video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWajJ...layer_embedded

Again, not trying to compare an Aventador to a ZR1 as they are WORLDS apart and the Aventador is more technologically advanced overall and CLEARLY faster and more stable at top speed...but I just don't want to see fairness or good judgement impaired by some sort of bias or stereotypes.
Old 02-02-2012, 07:49 PM
10 Second Club

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Urban Legend
Corvette nut swingers are out in full effect in a Lamborghini thread. Nice.
Hey, nut swingers come in all shapes and sizes, nearly everyone in this section does it from time to time as well LOL.
Old 02-03-2012, 11:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by LS1LT1
Yes I'd assumed that, I wasn't actually laughing at nor pointing that out as your error.

True...though that ZR1 on the 10.6 passes wasn't modified to run faster, it too was bone stock.

Probably true, though I haven't driven an Aventador so I can't say for sure how easy or difficult it would be to run 10s in.
In my opinion, if the car ran the number then it PROVES that it is truly capable of running that number, I don't care who the driver was.
Capable....at track rentals with **** tons of VHT/track prep, mine shaft air and cold temps....
Old 02-03-2012, 04:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Hottest car ever...
Old 02-03-2012, 05:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Anyone who tries to compare a ZR1 to this mona lisa on wheels is a ******* idiot.
Old 02-03-2012, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by whytryz28
Anyone who tries to compare a ZR1 to this mona lisa on wheels is a ******* idiot.
Plenty of nut swingers on this very forum do it all the time. Even happened in this thread. OMG/LOL. CNSITH-corvette nut swingers in the house.
Old 02-03-2012, 07:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I agree, I don't even group the ZR1 into the same category as this car, the Aventador in my mind is a hypercar.
Old 02-03-2012, 07:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWajJ...layer_embedded

Thanks for posting that video, wow!

I can`t wait to drive my Camaro into my local Lambo dealer and trade it in on a new Aventador...

A winning lottery ticket would be nice!
Old 02-03-2012, 09:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That was a good review for once. This part was just awesome "When im driving it I wanna get out and look at it, and when I'm looking at it, I want to get back in and drive it more."
Old 02-03-2012, 11:45 PM
10 Second Club

Question

Originally Posted by nanokpsi
Capable....at track rentals with **** tons of VHT/track prep, mine shaft air and cold temps....
True.
And the Lamborghini would ALSO be slower if that 10.6 1/4 mile time wasn't achieved at near sea level in cold air as the video above clearly shows as well.
Is it quicker than a ZR1? In my opinion, yes it will likely be quicker every single time when both are under the same test conditions.
But, will the Aventador still run that same 10.6 at a 6000+ foot density altitude? No, I truly don't believe it can.

I agree.
And I thought I was quite clear when I stated that I was doing nothing of the sort. The carbon fiber, the super high tech launch control, and the leather inside that Lamborghini is incredible...two cars are night and day.
But anyone who also can't see that the two cars DO IN FACT have similar (not the same, but similar) 1/4 mile numbers is an EVEN BIGGER ******* IDIOT.
No offense.

Originally Posted by Urban Legend
Plenty of nut swingers on this very forum do it all the time. Even happened in this thread. OMG/LOL. CNSITH-corvette nut swingers in the house.
And after all that talk and posting about it, what do some of you go and do?
Full on all out nut swinging on this new Lamborghini.

The blatant hypocrisy and irony in here sometimes is almost embarrassing.
Old 02-04-2012, 03:37 AM
***Repost Police***

There is no shame nut-swinging a Lamborghini.
Old 02-04-2012, 05:14 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
There is no shame nut-swinging a Lamborghini.
Agreed.
But is that to imply that there is shame in nut-swinging a Corvette ZR1?
I guess there certainly is when it's done within a Lamborghini nut-swinging thread, that's for sure.
Attempting to compare a ZR1 to an Aventador is irrational, irrelevant and even stupid, I get it LOL.
But the ZR1 does have some seriously amazing capabilities, it's relative (and I do mean relative) bargain price notwithstanding.
And it certainly warrants at least some smaller scale nut-swinging in it's own right too, no? LOL

Truth is, I do like this new Aventador, more than almost any Lamborghini that has come before it. And it's performance (which is key for me) is simply astounding.
Not even sure why it even appears as if I'm showing any negativity towards it, I think it's all your fault for even sarcastically bringing up the ZR1 in the first place back on page 1 LOL.
I liked the Murcielago (my friend down in Florida is currently on his 3rd one) and like everyone else was of course a fan of the Countach dating back to when that famous December 1978 Road & Track with the red Countach S cover story on it landed in my mom's mail box.
Never liked the looks of the Diablo though and the Miura is probably still my overall favorite. But like so many other Italian (or even English) exotics, they might've been exciting and wild, but really weren't good or reliable cars at all.
I believe that this new breed of exotics (Aventador, 458, McLaren etc.) are trying to change some of that.
Old 02-05-2012, 04:21 PM

A lot of nut swinging in this thread. Are you guys gay?
Old 02-05-2012, 04:37 PM
Douchebag On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Am I the only one who doesn't see any nutswinging in here?

Irunelevens made a comment about inevitable corvette nutswinging, but no one ever did. A simple discussion about the fastest stock times on the ZO6 and ZR1 ensued with everyone pretty much agreeing Aventador > Corvette.

Reading comprehension guys.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by justin455
Am I the only one who doesn't see any nutswinging in here?

Irunelevens made a comment about inevitable corvette nutswinging, but no one ever did. A simple discussion about the fastest stock times on the ZO6 and ZR1 ensued with everyone pretty much agreeing Aventador > Corvette.

Reading comprehension guys.
Yes you are.

Quick Reply: Aventador tested and specs.