Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

Chrysler & Fiat CEO Sergio Marchionne On 60 Minutes

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 08:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I get my information from people who own the vehicles. Clients that buy vehicles for business use. I've driven a lot of newer vehicles, and ridden in a lot of newer vehicles. I form my opinion on my own experiences, not what Consumer Reports tells me based on cars that were made 3-4 years ago.

GM is better NOW. Not 3 years ago. NOW. Same with Chrysler. They didn't redesign most of their lineup just for a fresh look. They did it because they knew they were making **** products and wanted to improve it. They have. The new Camaro that you figuratively jerk off at every turn is light years better than the 4th Gen. Why? Because GM knew that the 4th Gen was a rattlebox and they wanted to do it right. Same with Chrysler.

I personally think you're a joke. I'm sure I'm not alone. Your opinion has proven to be ridiculously biased toward GM, specifically the Camaro. I have been a GM guy since I knew what a car was, but I have no issue giving credit to any auto maker that steps up their game and improves from past mistakes. Chrysler did that. Ford did that. GM did that. And I truly don't care what magazine reviews say about a car. I actually go check it out personally and talk to my clients who own the vehicles. They know I'm a car guy and curious.
Old 03-30-2012, 08:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Smile

Originally Posted by Z Fury
I get my information from people who own the vehicles. Clients that buy vehicles for business use. I've driven a lot of newer vehicles, and ridden in a lot of newer vehicles. I form my opinion on my own experiences, not what Consumer Reports tells me based on cars that were made 3-4 years ago.

GM is better NOW. Not 3 years ago. NOW. Same with Chrysler. They didn't redesign most of their lineup just for a fresh look. They did it because they knew they were making **** products and wanted to improve it. They have. The new Camaro that you figuratively jerk off at every turn is light years better than the 4th Gen. Why? Because GM knew that the 4th Gen was a rattlebox and they wanted to do it right. Same with Chrysler.

I personally think you're a joke. I'm sure I'm not alone. Your opinion has proven to be ridiculously biased toward GM, specifically the Camaro. I have been a GM guy since I knew what a car was, but I have no issue giving credit to any auto maker that steps up their game and improves from past mistakes. Chrysler did that. Ford did that. GM did that. And I truly don't care what magazine reviews say about a car. I actually go check it out personally and talk to my clients who own the vehicles. They know I'm a car guy and curious.

LOL i dont give a **** what you or anyone on this site thinks of me.

as you keep failing to comprehend because you're a moron ive said GMs overall quality isn't great.

what you're info gathering superiority fails to mention is long term testing and info based on a lot more people than you've talked to i'm willing to bet. but maybe not since you seem to think you know it all because youre a car guy LMAO.

try your BS on someone who's as ignorant as you. at least i try to gather information logically and from sources that are credible which i don't consider yours to be.
Old 03-30-2012, 11:43 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

How's this orange,

I've owned 2 Dodge trucks in the last 6 years...an 06 1500 Hemi powered ram (06-08) and an 08 6.7 Cummins 2500 (08-present). Neither had/has had a single problem. Mind you. These are "old" style Chrysler (from the "cheap" days).

I base my opinions off of real world experience.
Old 03-30-2012, 11:45 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by ULTIMATEORANGESS
my mom many yrs ago had a chrysler and while it was a nice car it was the biggest POS ever.yet.
"Nice car" and "biggest POS ever"? Hmmm.

What is your definition of "nice car"? Shiny paint?
Old 03-30-2012, 11:51 PM
TECH Junkie

LOL i dont give a **** what you or anyone on this site thinks of me.

Liar. You wouldn't be responding with such anger filled posts were you not.
Old 03-31-2012, 09:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

Smile

Originally Posted by -Ross-
Liar. You wouldn't be responding with such anger filled posts were you not.
LOL STFU. stop being an idiot.
Old 03-31-2012, 09:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

Smile

How's this orange,

I've owned 2 Dodge trucks in the last 6 years...an 06 1500 Hemi powered ram (06-08) and an 08 6.7 Cummins 2500 (08-present). Neither had/has had a single problem. Mind you. These are "old" style Chrysler (from the "cheap" days).

I base my opinions off of real world experience.
"Nice car" and "biggest POS ever"? Hmmm.

What is your definition of "nice car"? Shiny paint?

great. your 2 experiences have convinced me chrysler makes a great product. im sure you take every ones word online over actual co. that are paid to research thousands of cars. do you believe everything you read ? if so you must know according to most on this site 4th gens were the est cars ever built.

dont be a simpleton over "nice" and a POS description. if i have to explain it your dumber than that other chrysler nut licker.

again. dont be one of those retards thats going to turn this into "im smarter than you" and make it personal. if you have concrete proof of something post it.

not some random BS from some jagoff on the internet.
Old 04-01-2012, 04:42 PM
TECH Junkie

great. your 2 experiences have convinced me chrysler makes a great product. im sure you take every ones word online over actual co. that are paid to research thousands of cars. do you believe everything you read ? if so you must know according to most on this site 4th gens were the est cars ever built.

dont be a simpleton over "nice" and a POS description. if i have to explain it your dumber than that other chrysler nut licker.

again. dont be one of those retards thats going to turn this into "im smarter than you" and make it personal. if you have concrete proof of something post it.

not some random BS from some jagoff on the internet.
After reading this, I have seen the light. Chrysler is junk. Thanks for clearing everything up.
Old 04-01-2012, 05:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Smile

After reading this, I have seen the light. Chrysler is junk. Thanks for clearing everything up.
thats the best you can come up with? hey man, like what you like but if youre going to disagree with something at least have a valid reason why.

i dont believe everything i read either but if the same thing is reported over and over i might find it more credible than a personal experience(s).

my friend and i argue all the time over this and he gets upset and i just laugh. he likes his SRT charger and i like 5th gens better.

in the end WGAS and what happens on this site weather someone is right or wrong doesnt affect my life whatsoever. trust me on that LOL.
Old 04-01-2012, 08:42 PM
TECH Junkie

thats the best you can come up with? hey man, like what you like but if youre going to disagree with something at least have a valid reason why.

i dont believe everything i read either but if the same thing is reported over and over i might find it more credible than a personal experience(s).

my friend and i argue all the time over this and he gets upset and i just laugh. he likes his SRT charger and i like 5th gens better.

in the end WGAS and what happens on this site weather someone is right or wrong doesnt affect my life whatsoever. trust me on that LOL.
I've driven 2 different Chrysler products almost daily for the past 6 years. That's a hell of a lot more ******* real world experience than you have. Neither truck ever broke down or had any real problems. I did have a pinhole leak in my current truck's radiator and it was fixed under warranty. OMG, what a ******* turd! Chrysler sucks!!!
Old 04-01-2012, 09:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

I've driven 2 different Chrysler products almost daily for the past 6 years. That's a hell of a lot more ******* real world experience than you have. Neither truck ever broke down or had any real problems. I did have a pinhole leak in my current truck's radiator and it was fixed under warranty. OMG, what a ******* turd! Chrysler sucks!!!
so you insist upon your repetitive horseshit responses?

and you dont know ****.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:40 PM
TECH Junkie

so you insist upon your repetitive horseshit responses?

and you dont know ****.
You're clearly an assclown.

I read it in a magazine. It's true.
Old 04-01-2012, 10:48 PM
***Repost Police***

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In all fairness (definitely not defending anyone), the Big 3's trucks were always better than their cars in the past.
Old 04-01-2012, 11:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
In all fairness (definitely not defending anyone), the Big 3's trucks were always better than their cars in the past.
Absolutely.

On a side note:

A coworker of mine had an 99ish? Dodge Stratus he bought new. He sold it when it had 225k miles on it because he worried because he had never owned a car with that many miles.

I'd also like to note that my wife has an older model Ford Taurus she bought new in 2001. That thing is a big piece of **** in my book, however, I wouldn't go so far to say Ford produces **** cars.

Some people are just brand loyal haters.
Old 04-02-2012, 06:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

Smile

you've really showed me how stupid you are.

and i read it here.
Old 04-02-2012, 08:00 AM
TECH Junkie

you've really showed me how stupid you are.

and i read it here.
Yeah. Keep telling yourself that.

I don't see any Chryslers on the "Least Reliable" list.

Consumer Reports is out with its annual reliability rankings. Here is the list of the 10 best 2011 model year autos for predicted reliability followed by the 10 least reliable vehicles.

Most Reliable:

1.Lexus CT 200h
2.Honda CR-Z
3.Infiniti QX56
4.Scion xD
5.Toyota Highlander (4-cyl.)
6.Lexus ES
7.Nissan Titan
8.Honda Fit
9.Toyota Prius
10.Toyota RAV4 (4-cyl.)

Least Reliable:

1.Jaguar XF
2.Jaguar XJ
3.Audi Q5 (V6)
4.Chevrolet Silverado 2500
5.GMC Sierra 2500
6.Nissan Z
7.Volkswagen Routan
8.Ford Edge (AWD)
9.Mini Cooper Clubman S
10.Lincoln MKX (FWD)
Old 04-02-2012, 09:08 AM
***Repost Police***

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Predicted reliability" is a joke, just saying.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:46 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
"Predicted reliability" is a joke, just saying.
Yeah. Kind of silly, but those lists are compiled based on past performance.
Old 04-02-2012, 07:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Yeah. Kind of silly, but those lists are compiled based on past performance.
so you admit you're wrong?

and i already posted BRANDS that are least reliable. understand?
Old 04-02-2012, 07:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

They shouldn't put sister vehicles on their own entries, IMO. Listing the Silverado AND the Sierra separately - really? Put them on the same darn line as they are the same darn thing under the hood.

I can't help but wonder about those "predicted" lists anyway, especially since one of them a while ago admitted to automatically giving Toyota a pass without even any sort of testing whatsoever for several years in a row.

Quick Reply: Chrysler & Fiat CEO Sergio Marchionne On 60 Minutes