Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

The Final Days of St. Therese Camaro and Firebird Assembly

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2012, 09:49 PM
Pontiacerator

Received 210 Likes on 177 Posts

I've had more fun owning, driving, modding, tuning, and dragging my 2000 A4 Formula than any other car I've ever owned. It's been 15 years since I bought my first Formula and I've owned five. Like RPMWS6, there'll always be at least one in my stable, along with a 68-70 GTO.
Old 06-02-2012, 01:05 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I remember the day I took my first ride in an LS1 4th gen back in August of 2000. I was turning 25 in a month, and decided to buy my first new car with my wife's blessing as an early birthday present. I got the GM employee discount at the time and started looking for exactly what I wanted and finally found my 2000 Light Pewter Metalic Trans Am at a dealership a few states away.

The dealership told me when it was going to show up and I took a vacation day from work to go to the dealership to wait for the car carrier to show up with it. I wish I had a digital camera back then because I can still see the car on the carrier clear as day in my head. It seemed like forever for them to unload the car, and get me the keys. I had already done all the paperwork, so I spent the rest of my day off just cruising around in my first ever new car, and first v8 muscle car as well. When it came off the carier, it had 7 miles on it, and by the end of the first day, I already had 187 miles .

I think I can count on one hand how many people have driven it besides me. I spent 8 days on the 2006 Hot Rod Power tour with my dad in my car, and hope one day to do the power tour in my car with my son.

It might not be worth much to other people, but it means the world to me.
Old 06-02-2012, 08:59 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
I remember the day I took my first ride in an LS1 4th gen back in August of 2000. I was turning 25 in a month, and decided to buy my first new car with my wife's blessing as an early birthday present. I got the GM employee discount at the time and started looking for exactly what I wanted and finally found my 2000 Light Pewter Metalic Trans Am at a dealership a few states away.

The dealership told me when it was going to show up and I took a vacation day from work to go to the dealership to wait for the car carrier to show up with it. I wish I had a digital camera back then because I can still see the car on the carrier clear as day in my head. It seemed like forever for them to unload the car, and get me the keys. I had already done all the paperwork, so I spent the rest of my day off just cruising around in my first ever new car, and first v8 muscle car as well. When it came off the carier, it had 7 miles on it, and by the end of the first day, I already had 187 miles .

I think I can count on one hand how many people have driven it besides me. I spent 8 days on the 2006 Hot Rod Power tour with my dad in my car, and hope one day to do the power tour in my car with my son.

It might not be worth much to other people, but it means the world to me.
Old 06-03-2012, 12:10 PM
8 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Nice video. I've never seen it before.
I ordered my Firehawk in February of 2002 and was concered if I'd accually receive it. I took delivery in April of 2002 and still own it today.
Old 06-03-2012, 05:25 PM
10 Second Club

Great video. Thanks for posting it. RPM WS6 said it best. I bought my 98 TA in early 99 with much anticipation of running the car at the track and it didn't disappoint. It ran 13.2's bone stock even after hot lapping. Running neck and neck with a 99 C5 the same day (much to the disappointment of the owner) was well worth the price of admission. The car have seen several iterations since then. I still enjoy it and have no intention of selling it.
Old 06-04-2012, 07:39 PM
Staging Lane

Amen rpm ws6

I bought my first one in february 99. I sold it in january 2002 because my job went south and could no longer afford it. I told myself as it left my driveway that someday I would own another one. In march of this year I finally got that one. It will never leave.