Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

Holden Commodore Returning to the US as 2014 Chevrolet Super Sport V8, RWD Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 05:36 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by BizZzatch350
I hope it's as popular as the 94-96 Impala SS cars were. Pontiac G8 was a bit ill fated with the demise of Pontiac. But I think that the G8 in a Chevrolet format marketed correctly as the second coming of the popular B-body Impala SS would have done well. The Camaro has done well, so people aren't anti RWD as many would make you think. I considered a G8 GT versus a full size trick in 2008, ended up with the Sierra but all the reviews on the G8 I read were really positive. Every time I see a clean Impala SS at a car show, I am reminded how cool those cars were back in the day, I think a new one could do really well. I know I would replace my Sierra with one.
I agree, if they can spin this just right with a nice all blacked out version (paying some homage to the '94-'96 cars) and some variation on the LS3/L99 or new Gen V motor under the hood it could be a real hit.

Quick Reply: Holden Commodore Returning to the US as 2014 Chevrolet Super Sport V8, RWD Sedan