LEAKED: C7 Corvette Engine Images

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 04:00 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DoggyB22
So no 5.5l?
the 5.5l was ONLY FOR ALMS

now that thats out of the way, the information that the engine would be a 6.2L has been EVERYWHERE
Old 09-27-2012, 06:59 PM
10 Second Club

Talking

Originally Posted by SSCamaro99_3
people have been saying that on here for the better part of a year now, or pretty soon after that idea first got floated.
Originally Posted by Wnts2Go10O
the 5.5l was ONLY FOR ALMS
Amazing how a silly little rumor (ie: the one about the next base Corvette having a 5.5L engine) can somehow morph itself almost into 'fact' via the internet LOL.
Old 09-27-2012, 07:36 PM
TECH Resident

Same guy posted a spy shot of the rear, same CAMARO taillights as the Jalopnik drawing. I am VERY disappointed in the change. The guy said one of the GM people said "People hated the fixed lights on the C6 at first, and now they love them". Only problem is the fact that they took the taillights off the goddamn Camaro and put the on the Corvette. I could see going the other route, but you don't put cheap car body features on a newer and more expensive car.

I don't have a problem with them changing from the round taillights the Corvette has almost always had, it's that they made the rear of the car look like a car that costs less than half as much.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:38 PM
12 Second Club

I don't see how the new look comes off as cheap, nor does it look anything like the ugly tail lights of the Camaro. Camaro has half round, half boxed tail lights that look like crap, and if anything. These new vette lights have a sharp edgy futuristic look that works good with the overall styling, and I guarantee anyone not overly familiar with cars will see it and still identify it as Corvette styling. As a matter a fact, of all the exterior changes, I think the tail lights are the nicest looking. I guarantee alot of people will come to like the new design after a few months of seeing it in person.

The head lights are what bug me the most... and the circle gas door I keep seeing in renders.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I don't know... Camaro taillights look pretty good to me? But I do agree they shouldn't make them resemble a Camaros. They should stick to the round like they've been doing & make look like how they do in the one pic posted on the 1st page but instead of half round go full

Old 09-27-2012, 10:40 PM
12 Second Club

The white car looks good, but it ditches the ugly stock chrome trim, and the blackout helps too. The new vette has unique angular reccessed styling that makes to look like a modern car. If anything, the Camaro has vette lights, not the other way around.
Old 09-27-2012, 11:18 PM
10 Second Club

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by gocartone
I am VERY disappointed in the change. The guy said one of the GM people said "People hated the fixed lights on the C6 at first, and now they love them". Only problem is the fact that they took the taillights off the goddamn Camaro and put the on the Corvette. I could see going the other route, but you don't put cheap car body features on a newer and more expensive car.

I don't have a problem with them changing from the round taillights the Corvette has almost always had, it's that they made the rear of the car look like a car that costs less than half as much.
I personally don't think that they look EXACTLY like a Camaro's tail lights. Family resemblance maybe yes.
But even if they did, it's NOT the first time that something like that has happened.
Mercedes has done it.
BMW has done it.
Even Chevrolet with the Corvette has done it in the past (look at the little round tail lights on late '50s and '60s era Impalas and Corvettes).

Originally Posted by gocartone
Same guy posted a spy shot of the rear
And here it is:

Old 09-28-2012, 12:14 AM
TECH Veteran

people saying the new vette tails are like camaro lights... what.. by chance do you think the camaros lights are based on?
Old 09-28-2012, 12:33 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol..I really hope GM comes out with it exactly as pictured. The value of my C6Z06 will hold steady or go up.
Old 09-28-2012, 11:58 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats horrible looking. It looks really tacky and way to dramatic
Old 09-28-2012, 12:22 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Tainted
Thats horrible looking. It looks really tacky and way to dramatic
Yup, they are going back to 80s angles, and we all know how well those worked out...
Old 09-28-2012, 01:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Im not to fan of the back end renders we have been seeing but need to wait for the final car and most the time it takes time to adjust to change.

Remember, many were not a fan of the non pop up headlights on the C6 at first so yeah.
Old 09-28-2012, 04:03 PM
TECH Resident

But the C6 didn't come with 4th gen tail lights, or body angles (angles, not curves) that mimic the C4. The 5th gen Camaro has been out for years now, and I still think that's fugly. I just really don't think taking styling cues from some of GM's worst looking sports cars is going to look good.

The Jalopnik drawing is going to be what the C7 looks like. They came out of nowhere with that drawing, and so far it has proven to be true. So we can look forward to () a C6 with all of the curves turned into straight lines with Camaro tail lights and topped off with a D-shaped steering wheel .

I think a modified version of the car they had on Transformers would have been a much better choice. That's a car I could fall in love with, but so far the C7 keeps looking worse and worse to me.
Old 09-28-2012, 04:16 PM
TECH Resident

The headlights on the C6 are one of my favorite features...pop up headlights are gay. I also own a TA and C5...lol The 5th Gen Camaro still hasn't grown on me..it's a fugly tank. I really hope the C7 is a lot different than the rendering. If not though, C6Z06 is going to be one hot car to own.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Camaro guys like it
Vette guys hate it
Mustang guys laugh at everything
Old 09-28-2012, 09:51 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by El_Diablo
I really hope the C7 is a lot different than the rendering.
The Jalopnik rendering was said to have been based on the actual car, and thus far it has proven to be spot on and came WAY before anything else. I would bet on it looking like the Jalopnik picture, which is a shame because it looks like ****.
Old 09-29-2012, 01:21 AM
10 Second Club

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by El_Diablo
If not though, C6Z06 is going to be one hot car to own.
Either way, regardless of what the C7 looks like, the C6 Z06 will still always be one hot car to own!
Old 09-29-2012, 01:34 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by LS1LT1
Either way, regardless of what the C7 looks like, the C5 Z06 will still always be one hot car to own!
Fixed that for ya Marc

IMO the C5 Vette (or any FRC C5) is the nicest modern vette ever made. Something about that fixed roof is so damn sexy
Old 09-29-2012, 06:32 PM
10 Second Club

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by coolmanvette75
Fixed that for ya Marc

IMO the C5 Vette (or any FRC C5) is the nicest modern vette ever made. Something about that fixed roof is so damn sexy
Yes, the C5 Z06 was (is) quite the badass ride as well, lightweight, great value (especially now on the pre-owned market) and easy enough to modify.
Old 09-29-2012, 10:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

doesnt look like a corvette. Looks like the next generation CAMARO. I hope the next generation camaro looks like this but not the corvette. The corvette needs Circular or at least oval taillights.

Quick Reply: LEAKED: C7 Corvette Engine Images