Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

Like It or Not, Muscle Cars Going Four Cylinder Soon

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2015, 12:24 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by It'llrun
That also lends some reasoning for buying new and hanging on to it. Of course, that's great for those who not only can afford it, but are either young or have someone young they intend to leave it to, but you need to know which version to get because obviously not all will hold high value.

Either way, it's hard to go wrong if you can afford whichever and want it for awhile or a long while.

I was listening to a "dial and deal" type of thing yesterday and one of the callers was selling his 1973 Grand Am. Most of us wouldn't want it, but it is actually quite rare and he was asking 15k and said it was in mint condition. I had no idea it was rare and still don't want it, but the point is, value can happen anywhere in the automotive world for those w/ a good eye and knowing how many are going to be or were built.. Any V8 73 Grand Am is worth 15k plus in mint condition and the price goes way, way up.
I tend to take the middle road. I buy 2 year old cars with less than 40K on them, plenty of warranty. Still have one project car, a 95 caprice with 4.3L baby LT (L99). I have LT4 and LT1 engines for it. Some of the 24x LS PCM conversion stuff. It sits for now. Might finish it when I retire. Might sell off the LT stuff and just put an LS engine in it.

If I were going big boat Pontiac, I'd prefer the 1977 Lemans Can Am
Old 02-17-2015, 11:20 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There's the joy of the older cars... we have so many to choose from. Of course, if we all knew which ones to get as they were being built, we'd all have some high dollar cars of whatever make from which we could make a tidy profit.

I was too young to even consider caring, but if I'd been able to tell my dad to buy a 65 427 Cobra because I just knew... I'd have done it. Of course, raising 9 kids, he'd likely have told me to pound salt.

Quick Reply: Like It or Not, Muscle Cars Going Four Cylinder Soon