Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

2014 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor Special Edition

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 08:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The roughly 44k starting price may seem high, but the 4X4 pickup in full size form is expensive these days, regardless of brand or capability. Ford offers 2 other F-150's with HIGHER starting prices! However, it's NOT really a $60,000 or $70,000 pickup... Max form including ALL the most expensive options(some force out others) brings the final price to $62,769. That includes everything from a hard tonneau cover to front & rear Carhartt seat covers, spray in bed liner to bed extender, back up alarm to remote start, rear view camera to front view camera, interior light kit to dual DVD player, hood protector to zinc-plated wheel locks on the optional forged aluminum bead-lock capable wheels. Like Ragu, IT'S IN THERE! A WHOPPING figure, yes... but a ZO6 starts more expensive than this ends... by nearly $15,000.00.... $77,590 low end vs 63 max'd out... and you could have over twice the weight with the pickup!

Originally Posted by Detoxx03
I really like the Raptors but its not the truck for me. I would have no use for it honestly so couldn't see myself buying one. A 2500 or F250 is more what I would need for towing and practicality purposes. I would also like to see a lighting or even a SS truck make a come back.
That's what I was saying too, because for all it is, it's not for many...
Old 04-12-2013, 12:21 PM
TECH Veteran

the fox racing shocks on it unmatched? lol... there are MUCH better offroad shocks out there..
Old 04-12-2013, 01:01 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Wnts2Go10O
the fox racing shocks on it unmatched? lol... there are MUCH better offroad shocks out there..
On which production vehicle? It seems the point of the truck is that it's a factory offering from a major manufacturer. Besides, it's all about perception when it comes to who's or which off-road shocks are the best choice. It's much more about opinion than usefulness on that end.

Quick Reply: 2014 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor Special Edition