Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

2014 LS3 Chevrolet Super Sport sedan Pricing Released

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 11:53 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pricing for GM's only other 400hp RWD sedan, the new 2014 Cadillac CTS V-Sport starts at $59,995.
Old 06-13-2013, 11:59 AM
TECH Veteran

The normal 2014 3.6L V6 CTS starts at $46,025.
Old 06-13-2013, 12:47 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by TriShield
They could have called this Impala SS and left the standard FWD model they just released as Impala LT, LTZ, etc, there isn't a problem with two cars sharing a common name. But they didn't and I don't think it makes a difference.

Years ago they were planning to base the new Impala on this car instead of the fullsize FWD platform, that changed with the bankruptcy and high fuel prices. We're lucky we're getting this car at all.
Lucky? This is "luck" to you? C'mon...

Pricing for GM's only other 400hp RWD sedan, the new 2014 Cadillac CTS V-Sport starts at $59,995.
So? It's not only a Cadillac, but it's very different and undoubtedly will also hold resale better and be considered higher in initial quality, where Caddy tends to do fairly well and Chevy tends to do fair.

Are you referring to the 420hp TT V6 with an 8speed auto? I would think 60k would be expected, all things considered.

For 64,515(plus whatever they're taxing, etc.), or roughly 5k more, the CTS-V with 556hp is available... now.
Old 06-13-2013, 02:33 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by It'llrun
So? It's not only a Cadillac, but it's very different and undoubtedly will also hold resale better and be considered higher in initial quality, where Caddy tends to do fairly well and Chevy tends to do fair.
It's not fundamentally different, aside from having a smart phone/touchpad interior with CUE and a TFT cluster it's going to be pretty similar. It might have less road noise as well but we'll see when it's released.

Cadillac isn't really know for high initial quality, there are numerous GM vehicles that have trumped a Cadillac in that from lesser brands, like the LS1/LS2 Pontiac GTO versus the LS6/LS2 CTS-V when both were new for example.

Cadillacs (and luxury cars in general) do not have good resale value, especially a CTS that they are going to be producing as many as they possibly can over a several year life cycle. That is also the reason the CTS-V does not have as good a resale as a G8 GXP or a Mustang BOSS 302, they produced a lot of them over several years. The Super Sport is a three year model run with 5,000 units or less per year so it will be fairly rare.

The point in my posting that is to highlight the pricing. The normal 2014 CTS with no toys and a 3.6L V6 is $7,000 more than the prior model and the V-Sport turbo that would most interest hot-rodders is a 60 large. That's a big difference from what the Super Sport costs. But the price increase on both models over the old ones (as well as nearly everything else coming out new these days) is similar. Both cars are also priced in line with their respective classes and intended competitors.
Old 06-15-2013, 12:24 AM
Pontiacerator

Received 206 Likes on 173 Posts

IMO, the G8 exterior styling is much better, the SS has too much jimcrackery ...

But the SS is loaded with content and features; the G8 was way behind the curve when it was introduced. From the looks of the interior in the pics, the SS may have much improved interior trim from the G8 ... like supple leather instead of that hard dry stuff.
Old 06-15-2013, 09:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If I had the money, I would buy one. They look great in person.
Old 06-15-2013, 09:45 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by RevGTO
IMO, the G8 exterior styling is much better, the SS has too much jimcrackery ...

But the SS is loaded with content and features; the G8 was way behind the curve when it was introduced. From the looks of the interior in the pics, the SS may have much improved interior trim from the G8 ... like supple leather instead of that hard dry stuff.
It actually has floor and glovebox lights too.

That's one of the first things that struck me about my GXP over my GTO, they took all the lights out of it everywhere and no power seatbacks... Still a great car but the penny pinching was really crazy.
Old 06-25-2013, 11:34 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll take it! Its just what i have wanted!

Quick Reply: 2014 LS3 Chevrolet Super Sport sedan Pricing Released