Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

2015 Mustang (s550) shots

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2013, 10:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Riiiight, well anyways....

In the first pic it looks like the wheels are sticking out too far like one of those lowriders with tiny wheels. I realize it's the angle of the photo with the suspension hanging, but it's still funny.
Old 06-08-2013, 11:23 AM
10 Second Club

Received 429 Likes on 338 Posts

Originally Posted by It'llrun
I didn't look at your profile to try a thing... I haven't looked at it in a very long time and I have trouble believing you're 41... Seems as if you've missed out on a large amount of education, but then... Where you're from....

Yeah, I know you bought a Mustang... Can't beg borrow or steal a way to beat 'em, may as well join 'em... Whatever. The real question will come in when you find out of it actually runs like it should. My bet is, it won't until you get a serious builder involved.
LOl......yea I've did more than buy this one bud. Been involved in this build before it was mine. Now that I have rebuilt it and just about finished it all but some minor details I would say I can put my name on it comfortably. And my bet is the Camaro is just a little quicker still than the ported blower termi swapped notch is. BTW what is a serious builder??? Last I checked not to many "serious" builders get 130+ traps out of bolt-on ls6's......go figure

Anymore babbling bullshit you would like to spew?......and be corrected on?
Old 06-10-2013, 02:04 PM
TECH Veteran

New shot.

Old 06-10-2013, 03:54 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
LOl......yea I've did more than buy this one bud. Been involved in this build before it was mine. Now that I have rebuilt it and just about finished it all but some minor details I would say I can put my name on it comfortably. And my bet is the Camaro is just a little quicker still than the ported blower termi swapped notch is. BTW what is a serious builder??? Last I checked not to many "serious" builders get 130+ traps out of bolt-on ls6's......go figure

Anymore babbling bullshit you would like to spew?......and be corrected on?
You've did more, have ya... OUTSTANDING! You've DID MORE! Damn, you're IGNORANT! You put the definition to the words STUPID HICK!

I know you were "involved" more, with the guy who had "92" in his name here, before you got it... Whatever. Many claimed you were the same person even then.

If that 2900 lb swap car doesn't CRUSH your other engine swap car, you TOTALLY SCREWED IT UP! It's got a boatload more power and torque(according to your claims of the LS6 **** box), and it has a FAR SUPERIOR rear to hold up against some abuse. Plus, it has Mustang style suspension, which beats the **** out of the old F-body in drag racing. Then again, I'm expecting it to be slower too, just the same.

A serious builder would NOT ONLY get 130+ traps, but run MID 10's or better in the process! You don't know **** about building fast cars, though you constantly claim you do. Having been highly involved in cars running as quick as 8.2's on the 1/4, your "skills" don't impress me in the least. Like you've been all your pathetic life, you're an undersized, inadequate big mouth who underachieves, then brags about it as if others will never know... Guess what? WE KNOW!

Do yourself the same favor as you'll do for everyone else in the process and STFU for once in your life. This isn't high school and you're never going to impress anyone acting as you have for all these years. You'll catch ridicule as always, unless YOU change! That's the reality, DIM WIT!

Now we're ALSO done here!
Old 06-10-2013, 04:57 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by It'llrun
You've did more, have ya... OUTSTANDING! You've DID MORE! Damn, you're IGNORANT! You put the definition to the words STUPID HICK!

I know you were "involved" more, with the guy who had "92" in his name here, before you got it... Whatever. Many claimed you were the same person even then.

If that 2900 lb swap car doesn't CRUSH your other engine swap car, you TOTALLY SCREWED IT UP! It's got a boatload more power and torque(according to your claims of the LS6 **** box), and it has a FAR SUPERIOR rear to hold up against some abuse. Plus, it has Mustang style suspension, which beats the **** out of the old F-body in drag racing. Then again, I'm expecting it to be slower too, just the same.

A serious builder would NOT ONLY get 130+ traps, but run MID 10's or better in the process! You don't know **** about building fast cars, though you constantly claim you do. Having been highly involved in cars running as quick as 8.2's on the 1/4, your "skills" don't impress me in the least. Like you've been all your pathetic life, you're an undersized, inadequate big mouth who underachieves, then brags about it as if others will never know... Guess what? WE KNOW!

Do yourself the same favor as you'll do for everyone else in the process and STFU for once in your life. This isn't high school and you're never going to impress anyone acting as you have for all these years. You'll catch ridicule as always, unless YOU change! That's the reality, DIM WIT!

Now we're ALSO done here!
LOL....you mad brah

So tell me how my Mustang weights 2900lb? Show us just how stupid you are.

So tell us does it make you feel good about yourself to make up **** about others?? Are you really that much of a loser??......why yes you are.

As far as my Camaro goes......I'm not serious.....I'm just playin......just think if I was serious

Last edited by HioSSilver; 06-10-2013 at 05:22 PM.
Old 06-12-2013, 02:07 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The two of you need to change your tampons. Really.

The Mustang is Ford's high end performance flagship. So it needs the best handling it can get. That means IRS. The best handling cars from the US, Europe, and Japan all have IRS. The ONLY thing you could want a solid axle for is that it is cheap. Since Mustang is Ford's performance flagship, they do not need to worry about cheap. The launch traction argument is loosing steam these days. I can only see building a limited run Drag only not street legal Super Stock Boss with a solid 9" rear. Otherwise, the comfort, handling, lack of knocks and squeaks of the IRS is where it is.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:16 PM
10 Second Club

^^^You need to either stay out of it or put didpshit in his place like the rest of us. There are 2 threads in just the past week (this being one) that he has did nothing but screw up. On top of that the **** he says is dumb and just not even remotely true. Hell he called the guy in the other thread gay. Someone needs to ban his dumbass. These 2 threads are not the only threads he's screwed up with dumb **** he apparently knows nothing about.
Old 06-12-2013, 07:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

You're giving him what he wants, just ignore him like everyone else eventually did. Because right now, you look like as bad or worse than him. Both literally behaving like 14 year olds. And don't tell another member to stay out of it. He wants to discuss the thread topic and not have both of you ruin it by getting it locked. Perhaps you two should stay out of the thread and continue in private messaging, unless you two need the attention?
Old 06-12-2013, 07:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Marc3.4V6
You're giving him what he wants, just ignore him like everyone else eventually did. Because right now, you look like as bad or worse than him. Both literally behaving like 14 year olds. And don't tell another member to stay out of it. He wants to discuss the thread topic and not have both of you ruin it by getting it locked. Perhaps you two should stay out of the thread and continue in private messaging, unless you two need the attention?
Yeah pretty much this.

Don't feed the trolls and eventually they starve.
Old 06-13-2013, 08:28 AM
TECH Veteran

Other than purpose built drag strip beasts and pick up trucks, is the live axle dead? Are there ANY RWD or AWD cars sold with a live axle these days?
Old 06-13-2013, 09:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

I still think IRS is the way to go, theres plenty of IRS drag cars as well that tear some *** up. TT 458 gallardos vipers etc, they all seem to hook just fine with the right rubber
Old 06-13-2013, 10:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

If Ford continues doing what it's doing, based on what they've been able to do with the live rear, the Mustang will likely catch up with or beat the Camaro in the twisties with an IRS.
Old 06-13-2013, 07:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 171 Likes on 119 Posts

If Ford continues doing what it's doing, based on what they've been able to do with the live rear, the Mustang will likely catch up with or beat the Camaro in the twisties with an IRS.
I would think this true if the weight advantage remains in the Mustang's favour. However, if the weights equal out or are within 100 lbs, I would say GM has the advantage due to their Magnetic ride shocks and a lot more time spent with IRS on the Camaro than the current Mustang.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:00 PM
10 Second Club

The mustang is at a pretty large handling disadvantage right now. Ford did the right thing goin to a tq arm set-up like the old 4th gen Camaro's though. Live axle will never be as well rounded as a independent set-up.....unless it's just a bad independent set-up. Of course this depends on if it's tuned for ride vs handling.
Old 06-14-2013, 01:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

True, GM has been working with them for quite a while between several different cars. I'm sure they IRS itself adds weight, so we can't really speculate on what it'll weigh, or at least I can't, I have no idea. I'm pretty sure someone on here knows approximately what an independent rear might weigh.

Let's say the 5th gen never moved up to the IRS and it stuck with a live rear, would it be close to the Mustang's weight?

I didn't know they went to a torque arm setup similar to the 4th gen, interesting. I will say this, though - I drove a 2005 Saleen 3-V Mustang for a few years and it was pretty awesome in the handling department, and all it was basically was springs and sway bars on big wheels and tires. I still think you can take a live rear setup pretty far, but in the end IRS will win and I think the current Mustang vs Camaro matchups only solidify that.
Old 06-14-2013, 08:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

No the 5th gen would still be heavier. It's a bigger and heavier chassis. 6th gen will reduce the weight (and size too).

The SRA can go pretty far, yes (look at Sam Strano's car that he had for example), but IRS all else being equal will outhandle SRA, as long as it is a decent setup. You can create a pretty crappy IRS, look at Ford's first attempt at IRS in the Mustang - it wasn't too great from what I recall. They may be putting more thought and effort into this one so it'll be interesting to see how it handles.
Old 06-14-2013, 11:51 AM
TECH Apprentice

I can't find any solid numbers but the weight difference would be anywhere from 85 - 150 lbs.

My 5th gen 1SS weighed just over 3800 lbs, my current car weighs just over 3600lbs

The camaro isn't as heavy as everyone makes it out to be compared to every other modern car.
Old 06-14-2013, 12:22 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by deft
The camaro isn't as heavy as everyone makes it out to be compared to every other modern car.
It isn't as heavy as everyone makes it out to be when you compare it to other heavy cars. STi's and Evo's are still around the 3300lb mark with 4-doors and AWD, Corvette's are 3200, 370Z's are 3200, BRZ's are 2700lbs, 911s are around 3000 lbs...So yes, it is as heavy as everyone makes it out to be.

Now if you are comparing it to full size 4-door family cars then yes it's right in the middle of that pack
Old 06-14-2013, 01:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by gocartone
It isn't as heavy as everyone makes it out to be when you compare it to other heavy cars. STi's and Evo's are still around the 3300lb mark with 4-doors and AWD, Corvette's are 3200, 370Z's are 3200, BRZ's are 2700lbs, 911s are around 3000 lbs...So yes, it is as heavy as everyone makes it out to be.

Now if you are comparing it to full size 4-door family cars then yes it's right in the middle of that pack
The Camaro has never been in the same category as the STI, Evo, Corvette, BRZ, or whatever.

The 5th gen is still based on a heavier, "family car" platform, which will be remedied by the 6th gen (hopefully) but trying to compare it to those cars you mentioned isn't exactly valid.
Old 06-14-2013, 01:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

The 5th Gen gained about 400lbs (give or take) over a 4th Gen. That's why everyone considers it overweight. People are use to a ~3500lb Camaro/Firebird, so the change in weight was radical. The changes in the Vette from generation to generation are no where near that radical.

Quick Reply: 2015 Mustang (s550) shots