Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

Tesla S car gets best safety rating of any car ever made...

Old 08-20-2013, 02:16 PM
Village Idiot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tesla S car gets best safety rating of any car ever made...

Feds gave this car the best safety rating ever reported in any car..

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/tes...ry?id=20010910

http://www.teslamotors.com/about/pre...ar-ever-tested

I have a Tesla dealership down the street from me and I had the opportunity to look the S over and talk about the car and all it's glory with the dealer...

I must admit they are nice in and out for what it is, dealer also mentioned the electric motors should run a million miles before wearing out so the car itself should last longer then just about any car on the road.. Safety ratings are off the chart as he claimed at the time. Airbags everywhere, etc.... Fuel economy is off the charts too..

These cars however cost a pretty penny that's for sure.. I remember him saying around 50 grand.. Thought to share.
Old 08-20-2013, 02:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

$50k isnt to far off the price of an average luxury car and none of the ones out there now would come close to lasting a million miles.
Old 08-20-2013, 02:21 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This isn't the automotive news section. Moving it there.
Old 08-20-2013, 02:51 PM
TECH Resident

Thats reasonably price imo
Old 08-21-2013, 06:51 PM
TECH Regular

Relevant? Eh, why not? A lot of interesting plus sides to this car.

The evo has 365whp and "..is running 25 psi with a full turbo back exhaust, tune, intake and upgraded clutch using launch control at 5,500 RPM."
Old 08-21-2013, 11:03 PM
Now you have my attention

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Got a chance to drive one of these about a week ago, definitely an incredible car. It's a little un nerving driving a car that makes no noise, but once you get comfortable with the ability of that car it is incredible what it's capable of.

That being said, the only one I (and most others on here) would consider buying costs almost 100 grand. I would not buy a base model at all.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:39 PM
Village Idiot

Originally Posted by GTOSE
Got a chance to drive one of these about a week ago, definitely an incredible car. It's a little un nerving driving a car that makes no noise, but once you get comfortable with the ability of that car it is incredible what it's capable of.

That being said, the only one I (and most others on here) would consider buying costs almost 100 grand. I would not buy a base model at all.
Yet to drive an electric car.. . That must be weird experiencing no noise when giving it throttle.. Wild....

The only problem I see with electric cars today is that they only go so far on one full charge, so not only do you have to find an electric station along the way but you also have to wait a long time to get all those batteries charged up when on a long road trip.. It's certainly not like pulling in for a petrol fill up where you are in and out in a matter of minutes that's for sure...

On long trips it's a total wash I think..

It's kinda like the current smart phones we all use day to day - as in if we use them alot they will barely make it til the end of the day without a charge up in between..

Rechargeable batteries still suck in everything we use today...

Last edited by JIBBBY; 08-22-2013 at 08:54 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tesla S car gets best safety rating of any car ever made...