Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

Confirmed! 2015 Chevy SS Manual, Magnetic Ride, More Colors

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2014, 12:33 PM
LS1TECH & TRUCKS Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The price does seem high but, for as well as it is optioned out to get something comparable which I think would be German and British sports sedans, they are heck of a lot more expensive for similar engine and trim options.

Could bring the 300C-SRT and SRT-8 Charger in but when you option those out your talking mid 50k's for a little more power, good bit more weight and the 5 speed auto as the only option on transmission.

I think they have a good price point for what it comes standard with, you would be hard pressed to match it up from any other manufactor at the moment for a RWD V8 sports sedan.

That and from the videos I have seen and the only one I have seen in person so far they sound really good with the factory exhaust.
Old 07-29-2014, 03:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have seen 2014's go for under $40k NEW and that was the fully loaded option (sunroof and spare tire). Honestly, its around the pricing of a fully loaded Camaro SS and its no different drivetrain wise. I love my GXP and would get a green (or blue) SS in a heartbeat.

They need to watch exactly what drivetrain they put in this car because they dont want to step on the CTS-V's territory since that is their luxury performance sedan. If they put the normal GM plastic interior and offered it at a lower price, everyone would bitch about the quality of the interior and how its all plastic.

IMO they did great on the car. The front is no different than the Holden except for the grill with the bowtie. Everyone loves them but not the SS? You can just swap out the grill in 10 minutes.
Old 07-30-2014, 01:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by my bandit
IMO they did great on the car. The front is no different than the Holden except for the grill with the bowtie. Everyone loves them but not the SS? You can just swap out the grill in 10 minutes.
Because, people are not truly happy unless they are bitching. They want the style to fit their perception, 400+ hp, 30mpg, great material, and less than 20K. They are blind to the fact that GM wants to sell more than one, and actually make money doing it. Shocking, I know

I have not driven one, but I like it better than the SHO, or SRT cars. The SRT cars have a bit more style, and the SHO can be boosted with just a tune. However, I think the SS is ba better complete package. I don't make a habit of modifying DD vars. I need them to work when I have to go to work.

Quick Reply: Confirmed! 2015 Chevy SS Manual, Magnetic Ride, More Colors