Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

2007 GTO release info in Hot Rodding

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2004, 12:29 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ActionJack
These are production cars?

If so, what are some numbers (HP, RWHP, 0 to 60, 1/4, etc)?
Firs of all here we do standing start times not rolling.

And yes they are straight from the factory the way they are.

The Maloo R8 is 285KW 380-385 HP. @ the wheels ??? Don't know that.
The Avalanche XUV 270KW 360-365 HP. @ the wheel again i don't no.

Speeds for the Maloo R8 ute 0-100kph 5.3 sec. 0-400m 13.5sec
Speeds for the Avalanche XUV 0-100kph 6.5sec 0-400m 14.6
Old 09-12-2004, 07:02 PM
TECH Resident

That is pretty good

But US of A does better....
FFS

Well I guess if you consider the Chrysler LX cars then yes, the USA does build some pretty bad *** RWD V8 powered stuff. But oh wait, they share parts with the MB E-Class so they're part German. Give credit where credit is due. I'll admit that the Aussie built RWD V8 powered Sedans and Coupes are a bit understated and conservative in the styling department, but they absolutely PWN THE USA in terms of powertrain layout. The fact of the matter is that if it weren't for the Monaro, GM wouldn't even have a four seat RWD V8 powered vehicle in its US portfolio right now that isn't a truck or a Cadillac.

BTW that rendering of the 2007 GTO is fakin hideous. Thank God Lutz is anti-retro. The last thing we need is another nostalgia mobile with a tach on the hood because it "looks cool." Can you say RICE? Let the classics be. The originals will always be classics and lets leave it that way instead of raping musclecar heritage. Thank God Cadillac grew some ***** and went ahead with their controversial art & science theme instead of trying to pull some sort of retro ****. Retro is for when you suck and run out of ideas and therefore are unable to conjure up something fresh and new. The SSR and the upcoming HHR are ugly beyond belief. I'm down with a few retro cues here and there, but a pure retro car is just recockulous and demonstrates a lack of originality in the styling department.

God bless the Aussies, and God bless forward thinking.
Old 09-12-2004, 07:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bruddah_man_matt

God bless the Aussies, and God bless forward thinking.
Old 09-13-2004, 04:46 AM
Staging Lane

We can all help each other out
I have had a rumour that you guys might be getting some of our utes to be badged as (Alcamino sorry about the spelling if wrong) They look like these
http://www.holden.com.au/www-holden/...eid=15&navid=1
Old 09-13-2004, 09:22 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SlickHolden
We can all help each other out
I have had a rumour that you guys might be getting some of our utes to be badged as (Alcamino sorry about the spelling if wrong) They look like these
http://www.holden.com.au/www-holden/...eid=15&navid=1
Well it's El Camino, but I guess we can forgive you this time. I've been hearing about that for a few years now. Just do it already GM!
Old 09-13-2004, 09:48 AM
TECH Addict

Firs of all here we do standing start times not rolling.

And yes they are straight from the factory the way they are.

The Maloo R8 is 285KW 380-385 HP. @ the wheels ??? Don't know that.
The Avalanche XUV 270KW 360-365 HP. @ the wheel again i don't no.

Speeds for the Maloo R8 ute 0-100kph 5.3 sec. 0-400m 13.5sec
Speeds for the Avalanche XUV 0-100kph 6.5sec 0-400m 14.6
Sounds like some pretty nice rides. But, to be real GM has not been making to many vehicles in the USA any longer. Except for LeSabre and a few others. So, I would have to pull another manufacturers car to compete as stated. IMO, it just pisses me off that GM claims to be a USA automaker and they barely make anything in the USA any longer. They should give Australia credit for their Holdens and stop this GTO advertising.

Also, bruddah_man_matt, man you ned to stop all the 'haten'. You sound funny though.
Old 09-14-2004, 01:47 PM
Staging Lane

You know what was said when a aussie guy asked a pontiac boss why didnt you just call it a holden monaro he said holden means nothing here.
A funny thing over this way in NewZeland they called all holden cars Chev why i don't know but it confussed them cause they watch our V8 Supercar championship and see ford Vs Holden cause there are guys from NewZeland in it, they know the cars as holden but were confussed why they were names Chev in there country, So someone had a brain wave all of a sudden and just left them as Holdens now there not confussed anymore.
I don't mind if a Holden Monaro is called pontiac or chev as long as it atlest keeps the monaro name. Maybe if the Car was pontiac Monaro then it would have been accepted more. Or even Pontiac GTS ?
Old 09-14-2004, 02:13 PM
TECH Addict

Pontiac Monaro
Old 09-14-2004, 02:53 PM
TECH Addict

You know what was said when a aussie guy asked a pontiac boss why didnt you just call it a holden monaro he said holden means nothing here.
A funny thing over this way in NewZeland they called all holden cars Chev why i don't know but it confussed them cause they watch our V8 Supercar championship and see ford Vs Holden cause there are guys from NewZeland in it, they know the cars as holden but were confussed why they were names Chev in there country, So someone had a brain wave all of a sudden and just left them as Holdens now there not confussed anymore.
I don't mind if a Holden Monaro is called pontiac or chev as long as it atlest keeps the monaro name. Maybe if the Car was pontiac Monaro then it would have been accepted more. Or even Pontiac GTS ?
Following this line should the Holden Commodore be renamed as an Opel Omega?
Old 09-17-2004, 10:08 AM
Staging Lane

Why there is no opel omega anymore, And from what i herd it was a bad drive
Some places might call it a opel but never omega
Old 09-19-2004, 04:22 PM
TECH Resident

Also, bruddah_man_matt, man you ned to stop all the 'haten'. You sound funny though.
Judging by your responses, you sound very intelligent. No offense man but "USA can do better", I mean what the heck? If anyone is "haten" as you say, sorry buddy but it's you. Hypocrisy much?
Old 09-19-2004, 04:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bruddah_man_matt
Judging by your responses, you sound very intelligent. No offense man but "USA can do better", I mean what the heck? If anyone is "haten" as you say, sorry buddy but it's you. Hypocrisy much?
Sigh... :popcorn:

-Todd

Quick Reply: 2007 GTO release info in Hot Rodding