Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

Real Dodge Charger photos! U like as a daily driver?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2005, 01:55 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Every car pictured in this thread, real or concept, looks like filth.
Old 01-20-2005, 04:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by baddogz28
Every car pictured in this thread, real or concept, looks like filth.
tell us how you really feel

i thought the original concept was alright, the actual charger lacks in personality, but the photoshop with the viper style wheels and the body mods looks pretty cool, even as a four door........but that's just me, and i've been dropped on my head a few times......
Old 01-20-2005, 10:54 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by jdustu
It's not gonna take too much to make it look dope though
I agree, it has real potential. Very rarely do cars look really tight stock, but just a nip and tuck can make them something special. The Charger doesn't seem to be any different. It's boxy, ugly, fast, and semi-affordable just like the originals.

I also find it a bit ironic a site full of GM fans is bashing Chrysler for making a four door Charger when GM themselves started making a four door Impala SS in 1994 that everyone fell all over themselves for (many have posted in this thread I bet). The icing on the cake is it was just a black Chevrolet Caprice, at least Chrysler gave the Charger it's own unique body. Let's not forget about the Mercury Marauder either.

More muscle is always better than no muscle, and a little door variety is nice.
Old 01-21-2005, 12:46 AM
TECH Junkie

too sedan like for me, I think the new Mustangs look 10x better which is probably why they have always sold so damn good. Lets just hope that the next camaro actually looks like a sports car and not a sedan
Old 01-21-2005, 01:44 AM
On The Tree

I was sick when I saw the new charger. I always liked the old chargers and was excited when I saw the concept. And I was going to hold off buying my SS in hopes the Charger was coming out soon. Now I'm glad I didn't wait. Seems like dodge screwed the charger away like GM did the GTO. I'll I can say is please God don't let them screw up the new camaro.
Old 01-21-2005, 10:12 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TriShield
I also find it a bit ironic a site full of GM fans is bashing Chrysler for making a four door Charger when GM themselves started making a four door Impala SS in 1994 that everyone fell all over themselves for (many have posted in this thread I bet). The icing on the cake is it was just a black Chevrolet Caprice, at least Chrysler gave the Charger it's own unique body. Let's not forget about the Mercury Marauder either.
But they made 4 door Impalas in the 60's, correct? It was just the 2 doors that had the SS badge.

I think they made 4 door Impalas before 94

Anyway, Dodge had to be VERY careful with what they applied the Charger name to (such as Chevrolet not using the Chevelle moniker yet), and I feel they screwed up. Even Coronet would have been more fitting. Oh well - I hope it flops.

Last edited by DMNSPD; 01-21-2005 at 01:26 PM.
Old 01-21-2005, 10:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Want a two door? I'd guess a few years Dodge will kick one out...if theres a strong enough demand..

Personally I like the 4 door ...but I won't be trading in my Z06 for one....just admiring the Charger, Magnum and 300C (especially the SRT8 versions)

Chryslers on a strong roll. I don't anticipate them to lighten up...(again just an opinion)

Keep the faith and realize the money today is made in four door sedans and SUV's..

Its pretty unusual that 2 doors have any length of profitability..

Still if the rwd hemi cars are a continued success...I'd take a shot at believing a convertible and a coupe will be made available...
Old 01-22-2005, 01:56 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by DMNSPD
But they made 4 door Impalas in the 60's, correct? It was just the 2 doors that had the SS badge.
The original SS with the 409 that people wrote songs about was a coupe (and that most people think of when they think of classic Impalas), by everyone's laughably narrow view the 94-96 should have been a disgrace to the name. The current FWD models must be so bad they don't even come up in this thread, even though the V8 SS is going to the Charger R/T's direct comeptition.

I can't wait to see how the new Camaro will be a "disgrace" to the name (like the 4th gens. were the epitome of exciting styling) and how GM "screws it all up". People will find something wrong with it, whine incessantly about it, and it will be music to my ears.
Old 01-22-2005, 11:25 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TriShield
The original SS with the 409 that people wrote songs about was a coupe (and that most people think of when they think of classic Impalas), by everyone's laughably narrow view the 94-96 should have been a disgrace to the name. The current FWD models must be so bad they don't even come up in this thread, even though the V8 SS is going to the Charger R/T's direct comeptition.
Funny thing is the 04/05 Impala SS out runs the 94-96.

Either way, I like the Charger for what it is, but it certainly shouldn't be wearing the name.
Old 01-22-2005, 02:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

you can't go and take a legendary muscle car name and plop it on some ugly 4 door and expect the real car people to accept it. Total horse ****
Old 01-22-2005, 07:20 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by DMNSPD
Either way, I like the Charger for what it is, but it certainly shouldn't be wearing the name.
Sure it should, I bet it outruns some of the original models too.
Old 01-26-2005, 06:37 PM
Staging Lane

Wow another car legend destroyed nice job chrysler on one fugly car
Old 02-04-2005, 03:49 AM
Launching!

The thing that kills the car for me is the "I'm an SUV and I'm trying to look like a car" look. It doesn't look car like. It looks like a SUV with an identity crisis. An AWD version of that just says to me "crossover". Look at the proportions of the nose and it is just like a Dakota. If you raised it a couple inches...I don't know what it would be, but it sure would look more like an SUV then a car.
Old 02-04-2005, 01:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by T/acruiser9
Wow another car legend destroyed nice job chrysler on one fugly car
Thats what I was thinking. Its a shame that the big 3 do things like this.
Old 02-04-2005, 05:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

All I see are xs', where did you get the pics from?
Old 02-04-2005, 09:18 PM
Staging Lane

It seems like car companies always ruin cars when they bring them back, like the Monte Carlo, Thunderbird, Impala, the GTO is all right, but how are they going to make the Charger a 4 door family lookin like car with a truck front end, just my .02
Old 02-04-2005, 09:21 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by transamman400
The thing that kills the car for me is the "I'm an SUV and I'm trying to look like a car" look. It doesn't look car like. It looks like a SUV with an identity crisis. An AWD version of that just says to me "crossover". Look at the proportions of the nose and it is just like a Dakota. If you raised it a couple inches...I don't know what it would be, but it sure would look more like an SUV then a car.
The old ones had the same tall, flat grille style and more wheel gap than the new one, they probably sit up higher too. There's nothing SUV-like about the new one, unless you think new Cadillacs, the 300, and other square shaped cars look like SUVs.

Old 02-11-2005, 12:01 PM
Staging Lane

Very badddddd!!! It looks like they tried to make the front end look like a 1970 superbee. Ugghh...
Old 02-13-2005, 05:20 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm actually glad the Charger looks like ****. Now I can continue on with life not feeling bad about never owning a Chrysler/Dodge.
Old 02-15-2005, 12:09 PM
On The Tree

UGLY UGLY UGLY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Real Dodge Charger photos! U like as a daily driver?