Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

F-Body LS1 breaks the 7 second barrier

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2005, 08:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F-Body LS1 breaks the 7 second barrier

Thanks to Popular Hot Rodding for the article (May 2005).

"Hardcore Motorsports Cracks the 7-second Barrier"

On January 19th 2005 in Florida the Hardcore team set a new record for 'the world's quickest LS1-powered street-legal car'.

The quickest time as of this article is 7.94 seconds at 176.53 mph. On another pass Jason McNeil ran a 7.96 at 175 mph.

Congrats to Ronnie Duke and team of Hardcore Motorsports for kicking *** with a F-Body and a LS1.

Rock on!

Old 03-15-2005, 09:15 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Records were made to be broken.
Old 03-16-2005, 06:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Street legal? You're telling me that thing runs cats?
Old 03-16-2005, 06:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Wow, that's simply amazing.
Old 03-16-2005, 06:57 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Gloveperson
Street legal? You're telling me that thing runs cats?
My car doesn't have cats... And it ain't a race car.
At least it sounds like one.
Old 03-16-2005, 07:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by baddogz28
My car doesn't have cats... And it ain't a race car.
At least it sounds like one.
My cats are gutted , but to be street-legal, Cats will have to be there

That would be amazing, yet kind of illogical for a 7 second car to have cats
Old 03-16-2005, 07:46 PM
11 & 7 Second Clubs

"Street legal", right! Let's have a contest to see who can name how many violations he would receive from the local heat. Cool car and I'm happy for Ronnie, but street legal it ain't.
Old 03-16-2005, 07:57 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by bickelfirebird
"Street legal", right! Let's have a contest to see who can name how many violations he would receive from the local heat. Cool car and I'm happy for Ronnie, but street legal it ain't.
I saw the car at the T/A Nationals last year. I saw them pushing it around more than driving it. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then it's a duck.
Old 03-18-2005, 11:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

i don't think i own a vehicle that's "street legal"
but they are all liscenced
Old 03-24-2005, 06:36 AM
TECH Addict

More PICs

Old 03-24-2005, 09:48 AM
7 Second Club

That "record "will be a distant memory in the next couple weeks or months.

Duke has a badass operation,but that car isn't street legal by any stretch of the imagination.
Old 03-24-2005, 01:08 PM
The Bull

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bickelfirebird
That's a matter of opinion. Flint's finest probably wouldn't pay too much attention to it. Then again, every door slammer organization out there claims to be street legal. I think their justification is a little simpler to calculate (plates and registration). Where you get them from is of little concern as long as they go with the car. Beyond that, daily driver street car it is not.
Old 03-26-2005, 03:26 AM
On The Tree

WOW! You can really feel the love from everyone on this thread for Duke and his team.

Then again it's understandable considering the fact his Outlaw Stock Suspension car is already running in the high 7's and no one else here has been able to even come close as of todate.

7.94!!!!!!! And this will get smashed in the next few weeks or months? Can't wait to see that! New cars coming out of the gate this year with big power to DISTANCE an ET of 7.94. Sounds like its going to be piece cake to run mid 7's this year right out of the gate and I'm guessing the driver's performing this task also probably never been any faster then maybe low 9's? LOL

Now that's a race not to miss!
Old 03-28-2005, 02:31 PM
Teching In

I have seen mid 8s cars that are still daily drivers but nothing in 7s.

Congrats to Ronnie.....
Old 03-28-2005, 04:28 PM
7 Second Club

Originally Posted by Gofast
WOW! You can really feel the love from everyone on this thread for Duke and his team.

Then again it's understandable considering the fact his Outlaw Stock Suspension car is already running in the high 7's and no one else here has been able to even come close as of todate.

7.94!!!!!!! And this will get smashed in the next few weeks or months? Can't wait to see that! New cars coming out of the gate this year with big power to DISTANCE an ET of 7.94. Sounds like its going to be piece cake to run mid 7's this year right out of the gate and I'm guessing the driver's performing this task also probably never been any faster then maybe low 9's? LOL

Now that's a race not to miss!
Your funny Jim.You don't know anything about what I've got going together right now so please keep your bullshit comments to yourself.

People that know far more than I do about these cars tell me if everything works right high 7's shouldn't be a problem.

My point of reference;

Mike and Steve aka Ohio Boyz Racing went 8.21@3600 lbs with a hyd cam.My solid roller car will be 400-500 lighter with another 200-300 rwhp on a bigger tire,with a better tranny than they had when it went 8.21.Personally I think Ohio Boyz or Harlan will run sevens before I do,their ready to go now I won't be for a couple months

I'll be at Milan at least two,three times this year,so you can get some if you want it.Stock suspension of course.

My post wasn't referring to my car only.There should be at least 4 cars capable of running 7's this year.

How's that ARE motor treating you. LOL I've got a good chunk of my money back,what about you.

Another thing you said it would be a piece of cake not me.

Dave

Last edited by 10.5 Dave; 03-28-2005 at 04:43 PM.
Old 03-29-2005, 10:48 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Roofer Dave
Your funny Jim.You don't know anything about what I've got going together right now so please keep your bullshit comments to yourself.

People that know far more than I do about these cars tell me if everything works right high 7's shouldn't be a problem.

My point of reference;

Mike and Steve aka Ohio Boyz Racing went 8.21@3600 lbs with a hyd cam.My solid roller car will be 400-500 lighter with another 200-300 rwhp on a bigger tire,with a better tranny than they had when it went 8.21.Personally I think Ohio Boyz or Harlan will run sevens before I do,their ready to go now I won't be for a couple months

I'll be at Milan at least two,three times this year,so you can get some if you want it.Stock suspension of course.

My post wasn't referring to my car only.There should be at least 4 cars capable of running 7's this year.

How's that ARE motor treating you. LOL I've got a good chunk of my money back,what about you.

Another thing you said it would be a piece of cake not me.

Dave
LOL!

Calm Down Big Money,

I could care less about what your top-secret build is. I was only implying the difficulty of running the number. We all know your spending the big money to run with the big dogs because you can't build your own combination to do it. You better take some of that same big money and have Kurt give you some driving lessons to show you how to drive a turbo car and run the number. Like they say "money can buy a person just about anything they want". God Bless Ya for Having It.

Regarding my ARE issues, I was never stupid enough to drop what was it $45,000 to someone and only get back what did you say HALF ($22,500 LOSS)? LOL! I may have lost out but my loss of $500.00 or so is far cry from your stupidity of $45,000.00 and two years of headaches and having to hear all your crying for the last two years. Glad to hear you got some of your money back anyway.

I will be out latter this year but what I have I know for sure you will not want anything to do with that! Just the same if you do I don't want to hear any of the same old crying bullshit about unfair setups.

Just put your money where your mouth is! Considering the deep pockets you seem to have I would love to have a big money race with ya this summer.

You take care and don't forget to keep spending the long dollar with all the sponsors because I know they really appreciate your business.

Good Luck,
Jim
Old 03-29-2005, 09:06 PM
7 Second Club

Jim you're wrong on several points,especially the money part with ARE.I'm not going to delve into that situation anymore on this board or anywhere else for that matter.

Negative people like you just make me try harder.Thanks for the additional motivation.

My times better spent on the growth of my regional roofing company and other business ventures,not trying my hand at building turbo motors and race cars.I pay professionals to do things I'm not comfortable with.

As far as driving the car I have seen two guy I know go from running 10's to bottom 8's in a very short period of time.If they can do it so can I.
Old 03-29-2005, 10:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

****** sweet, I wonder what Harlan's got up his sleeve to counter this Duke run...
Old 03-30-2005, 04:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wow! Whats done to it? If thats Duke's car, in a GMHTP about a year or so ago, it was running 8.5s. What did they do to chop off .5 seconds?
Old 03-31-2005, 10:06 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guys, and I mean all who posted in this thread and the contenders for Ronnie's title, including myself.

Yes, you all have or are building some serious turbo setups, as am I (with Cartek). I plan to be right by everyones side once my setup is finished.

Eveyone mentions how Dukes title will fall because of what everyone else has up their sleeve. Now I am no way affilated with Duke, nor do I know him from a hole in the wall. But do you guys think for a second that the leader of the pack isn't gonna come out to the fight with a vengence to try to hold his title? The Hardcore team obviously know's what their doing or they wouldn't be where they are.

My point is you guys should be a little more humble when it comes to "what you plan on running". The guy with the title will only go faster, just like everyone else plans on going faster.

Quick Reply: F-Body LS1 breaks the 7 second barrier