Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

AE Previews the First Wave of Upcoming Lutz GM Products

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2005, 05:28 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exclamation AE Previews the First Wave of Upcoming Lutz GM Products

GM. In the last two weeks, GM has been bringing in journalists and analysts to the GM Design Dome at their Technical Center in Warren, Michigan, for one-on-one sessions to view most of their upcoming products for the next 30 months.

Though we can't provide anything more than sketchy details, suffice to say, anyone counting GM out at this point will be surprised, make that shocked, at the array of new cars and trucks they have in the pipeline.

Most impressive was the attention paid to the design of their interiors across the board, something that has been long overdue. And the new products are, in most cases, jaw-droppingly beautiful in their execution and details.

Cadillac will continue to gain momentum, with a handsome new Escalade and a stunning new CTS that will flat-out reassert GM's design leadership in the industry. It's that good. And new entries for Chevrolet, Saturn and Buick are remarkably on-target and will be ultra competitive.

Saturn dealers in particular should be high-fiving in their showrooms. And the new full-size SUVs and trucks are exceptionally detailed and should set new standards for dynamic performance, ride and efficiency in the category.

These new vehicles reflect "Maximum Bob's" influence everywhere you look. Those looking for signs that the Lutzian era has waned in this business will be sorely disappointed, because this new stuff bristles with the kind of detailing and design integrity that have marked his best efforts in the past - and then exceeds them.

This is the first time that we have seen hard evidence that all of the work behind the scenes at GM has been worth the effort. The talented men and women working in the trenches at GM have finally been turned loose - and the results are truly extraordinary.

Is GM out of the woods yet? Not by a long shot, no. But whereas before they were getting lost on the way to the playing field, they're now well and truly engaged in The Game. And it's about time.

Old 06-15-2005, 06:02 PM
TECH Resident

GM has been bringing in journalists and analysts to the GM Design Dome at their Technical Center in Warren, Michigan, for one-on-one sessions to view most of their upcoming products for the next 30 months.
Are you one of those who've seen these vehicles first hand? If so, very cool . Otherwise, while I am confident GM has alot going for it, I'll have to wait to see it myself. Either way, I see most of GM's recent activity as being positive.
Old 06-15-2005, 06:24 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 2002BlackSS
Are you one of those who've seen these vehicles first hand? If so, very cool . Otherwise, while I am confident GM has alot going for it, I'll have to wait to see it myself. Either way, I see most of GM's recent activity as being positive.

I like to be positive and confident too. But the proof is in the pudding.

I am looking forward to these new vehicles.

Old 06-15-2005, 07:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'll believe it when its on the showroom floor. GM loves to hype everything up then water it down.

-Matt
Old 06-17-2005, 08:19 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ls1_chevelle
GM loves to hype everything up then water it down.
-Matt
i agree with what he said. I just cant believe it.
Old 06-18-2005, 08:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

Not to replace my corvette but I look foward to the new CTS V series as well as the upcoming midsize crossovers from GMC and cadillac.

I'll look to buy one of these three as I replace my 05 Envoy in late 2006 or sometime in 2007.

Thanks for the heads up.

What chassis are the midsize crossover SUV"s based off? Not the Equinox chassis is it? Hopefully if it is...it will not have that lame engine or interior..

I was throughly disappointed with the Equinox once I got inside...Cheap paperthin doors ..crappy center console and really thin seats...

Photographed well. Didn't cut the grade in person so I leased an Envoy for ~ 30 months...since the deal was so good.

Great truck and a deal you couldn't beat with a stick.

Just thinking I want something a little more car oriented next time.

Quick Reply: AE Previews the First Wave of Upcoming Lutz GM Products