Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

Official Opel Vectra Facelift Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2005, 07:24 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Official Opel Vectra Facelift Pictures

Important for us because we will probably see them on the roads in the U.S. as Saturn Auras. The production Opel pretty closely resembles the Saturn Concept of this year so I'd expect the Saturn to look pretty close to its Opel bretheren. Not a bad looking car, BETTER THAN THE FUGLY MALIBU. I just Hope GM doesn't screw the pooch and restrict the awesome 3.6L HF V6 to European duty. The last V6 Vectra got a DOHC 3.2L V6 while the Malibu was saddled with the pushrod 3.5L V6, only recently with the introdution of the Malibu SS did it get an upgrade to the still pushrod but more powerful 240hp 3.9L iteration. Nothing wrong with Pushrods but in this segment people go apeshit over the hype surroudning OHC layouts and the 3.5L isn't exactly what I'd call refined. Honda's 3.0L and Nissan's VQ eat the 3.5 for lunch. In any case, nevermind half assing **** and giving us the ho hum 3.5L pushrod V6 in the Aura.

Rant over, pics: http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/d/85013
Old 06-16-2005, 02:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

link not working
Old 06-16-2005, 03:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

The reason the 3.5 sux is not because of pushrods, but because its a very old engine. That V6 goes all the way back to the Citation! Although it has been changed alot, its still the same basic 20 year old design and can't compete with the Japanese engines you mentioned. That Saturn (and the Malibu) needs the 3.6 out of the CTS and LaCrosse. Thanx for the link, pics were good even if the descriptions were in German. And what's up with those "beachstuck girls" photos?!

Quick Reply: Official Opel Vectra Facelift Pictures