Old 08-11-2005, 11:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

why do people keep posting those pics ^ weve seen them 100 times already

interesting how that "lincoln" looks like its painted SOM
Old 08-11-2005, 11:34 AM
Banned

Why do people keep being complete ********* for no reason? Maybe some pople havent seen them, they are pretty new to me. What "lincoln" are you referring to??
Old 08-11-2005, 03:54 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ZEEMAN
There is some damn interesting info in that article. I really hope even half of it is true. 2007 would be perfect, since that is when my '02 is paid for!

Maybe I'll change my screenname to black02&07-Z28

Ed
Old 08-11-2005, 05:16 PM
TECH Resident

GM sucks for making this so late.. Light the fire under your asses, and get this car here. Better have alot of *** kicking power too or forget it. Hopefully it doesnt flop like the 04 GTO. Dont get me wrong the 04 GTO was a nice car, but the 05 smoked it in more than one way (more power, hood, pipes) for the same price. The 04s depreciated GREATLY. Do it right from the start. 450 hp MINIMUM and have a 500 HP SS.
Old 08-11-2005, 10:30 PM
Banned

No chance they will make a camaro even close to there flagship performance machine the LS7 Z06. I would like something mod for mod to keep up with the cobra. The 03-04s and the 07 GT 500. Maybe a forged 6.0 in the SS. Nothing blown, but something you can charge or spray with no worries
Old 08-12-2005, 03:12 AM
TECH Junkie

If GM keeps the camaro small and light with the LS2 (400 HP/lb ft and 3300 lbs--realistic weight goal) the camaro would be darn close to a Shelby--stock as a rock. I would rather have a smaller/lighter car like the 1st gen camaro's than a heavy gas sucker. A lighter vehicle would handle better and the LS2 would be easy to mod. A vehicle like that could be cheap and very modable. And, if it is aerodynamic like the 4th gens the gas mileage will be more improved than a retro camaro.
Old 08-12-2005, 10:34 AM
On The Tree

For those who think the firebird is dead. didn't the first firebird came out in 1968??? a year later the camaro was released, let's just hope gm makes one for 2010/1 you never now... i'm sorry but i just can't imagine a 505hp LS7 camaro maybe a berger special edition or something like that, i just can't expect more than 450hp in a camaro from GM either

Last edited by Diablo666; 08-12-2005 at 10:42 AM.
Old 08-12-2005, 10:43 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The only requests I have are to bring back the Firebird, get a strong rearend and clutch, and get the damn motor out from under the windhsield!
Old 08-12-2005, 11:46 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Diablo666
For those who think the firebird is dead. didn't the first firebird came out in 1968??? a year later the camaro was released, let's just hope gm makes one for 2010/1 you never now... i'm sorry but i just can't imagine a 505hp LS7 camaro maybe a berger special edition or something like that, i just can't expect more than 450hp in a camaro from GM either

Firebird came out in 1967, the same year as the camaro. The Trans Am didn't arrive on the scene until 1969.
Old 08-12-2005, 12:55 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ZEEMAN
Firebird came out in 1967, the same year as the camaro. The Trans Am didn't arrive on the scene until 1969.
thanks ZEEMAN, anyway i think you guys get the point.
Old 08-17-2005, 05:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

As much as I love the Kris Horton renderings, I would really like to see some REAL pics of what this car is intended to look like. My buddies and I are already planning a roadtrip for the NAIAS, but I would really hope that something could 'leak' out before that.
Old 08-19-2005, 01:29 AM
TECH Junkie

Where is NAIAS?
Old 08-19-2005, 09:28 AM
12 Second Club

Detroit Michigan
Old 08-21-2005, 09:59 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,784 Likes on 1,272 Posts

What this means to you: Guess it was just a matter of time and environmental awareness — the original definition of muscle cars doesn't fit well with new perceptions of what's best for the world...could there be a "green" muscle car in our future?
That right there is

A “green” muscle car is about as useful as a condom with a hole in it.

If the new Camaro is going to be some kind of an environmentalist-friendly USEPA *** kissing embodiment of Earth Day on wheels, then they can keep their underpowered, whisper quiet, super-efficient, gas-electric hybrid shitbag wuss of a car and stick it in their right eye socket for all I care.

I have certain expectations of ANY car that is going to wear the Camaro (or Firebird/Trans Am) nameplate. I expect a brute force, no apologies, badass, clean/bold/tough looking car with near Corvette power levels at a much more affordable price. It has to sound tough, be a V8, it MUST have two doors ONLY, and we need strong & efficient automatic and manual trans options to suit both drivetrain preferences on all model/trim levels. None of this manual trans only crap that Ford has done with the Cobra for 11 years.

I just hope they don’t screw this up and build some kind of a mechanical ******* that adds to a long string of disappointments that GM has been pushing on us ever since the F-body went away.

Sadly I’m sure the new Camaro will use DOD technology, which in my eyes has no place in a performance car. It’s a step in the wrong direction for a muscle car. I can see the usefulness of it for a truck/SUV, or even full-sized sedans, but not a Camaro. Not that DOD itself is the end of the world, but I fear that it's going to lead to continued concessions and EPA ***-kissing by GM as time goes by. When I go Camaro shopping, the last thing on my mind is how enviro-friendly the car will be.

Last edited by RPM WS6; 08-21-2005 at 10:06 AM.
Old 08-21-2005, 10:08 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
That right there is

If the new Camaro is going to be some kind of an environmentalist-friendly USEPA *** kissing embodiment of Earth Day on wheels, then they can keep their underpowered, whisper quiet, super-efficient, gas-electric hybrid shitbag wuss of a car and stick it in their right eye socket for all I care.

I have certain expectations of ANY car that is going to wear the Camaro (or Firebird/Trans Am) nameplate. I expect a brute force, no apologies, badass, clean/bold/tough looking car with near Corvette power levels at a much more affordable price. It has to sound tough, be a V8, it MUST have two doors ONLY, and we need strong & efficient automatic and manual trans options to suit both drivetrain preferences on all model/trim levels. None of this manual trans only crap that Ford has done with the Cobra for 11 years.

I just hope they don’t screw this up and build some kind of a mechanical ******* that adds to a long string of disappointments that GM has been pushing on us ever since the F-body went away.

Sadly I’m sure the new Camaro will use DOD technology, which in my eyes has no place in a performance car. It’s a step in the wrong direction for a muscle car. I can see the usefulness of it for a truck/SUV, or even full-sized sedans, but not a Camaro. Not that DOD itself is the end of the world, but I fear that it's going to lead to continued concessions and EPA ***-kissing by GM as time goes by. When I go Camaro shopping, the last thing on my mind is how enviro-friendly the car will be.

Well said. I Agree 100%
Old 08-23-2005, 02:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

cant wait for pics!
Old 08-23-2005, 07:50 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
That right there is

Well said
Old 10-19-2005, 11:29 AM
Teching In

no one knows for sure if the firebird is gone for good??? and anyone have any new camaro pictures computer designed or drawn up??
Old 10-19-2005, 07:30 PM
Launching!

the firebird is gone bro...sorry
Old 10-19-2005, 08:43 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NO-OPTION-2002
I just hope GM will still offer it with crank windows/no locks/no cruise, you get the idea. I loved having a 300 lb advantage over everyone else's LS1 cars!

Oh yeah, a hardtop also.

300lbs less? That puts your car in Vette territory. I find it hard to believe that window motors, cruise control, AC, and doorlocks = 300lbs.

Quick Reply: New Camaro!! Finally Official!!!