Gran Turismo 4
35.29%
Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

Forza Motorsport vs. Gran Turismo 4

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2006, 02:19 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an Xbox and PS2 so I own both games. I've been a GT fan since the first one came out in '98 so naturally I got GT4 when it came out. I didn't think it was much better than GT3. Don't get me wrong, I still like the game, but there have been some nagging problems ever since the first one came out, such as: crappy-sounding V8's, gay songs/music, $80,000 for a Stage 4 turbo, no car damage, etc. I think the Forza developers are GT fans who wanted to fix the problems that have never been addressed. In Forza, the cars sound better, the music isn't great but you can put your own soundtrack to use, the cost of mods is more realistic, the damage engine is good, etc. I have a feeling the GT developers will fix these things and make sure GT5 is a great game, but they definitely have some competition now and I'd give the edge to Forza at this point.
Old 06-25-2006, 08:16 PM
Teching In

Forza is an awesome game, but I've logged probably thousands of hours over the years playing all the Gran Turismo games on several different systems. I have to choose GT4 just for old times sake.
Old 06-26-2006, 12:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

i dont play games much but heres my .02

I borrowed an xbox from a buddy at work and played forza for a few days before playin gt4. I loved the game, especially the damage. Then i picked up gt4 for $20. Now after havin that for a few weeks ive gotten used to how it looks/plays. I went to walmart looking for some dvds and saw forza on one of the xbox demos. I played it and wow what a difference. I had forgotten how it looks and feels. GT4 is much more detailed, the proportions on the cars better, and even the menus are cleaner. Plus 700 cars. I hate how every V8 sounds like a weed wacker. But at least its more realistic. I took a few laps around road atlanta in a vette on forza and it was no where near the same realism as the same vette i owned in gt4. I think each game favors a certain kinda person.

btw what do a-spec points in gt4 do?
Old 06-26-2006, 12:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

I was always a huge GT2 fan, liked GT3 other then the lacking Domestic area, and have only played GT4 a little bit. Forza turned it around for me though. I'm done with GT and their crappy 60K Turbo kits that are in fact blowers(GT2 humor ).

The car selection in Forza is one of the things that really made me like it. In GT, there are lots of cool cars, many of which we Americans have never even heard of, but cool nonetheless. Forza, on the other hand, has cars that you KNOW and always wanted to drive....Like Ferraris. You can't get Ferrari 250 GTOs on Gran Turismo, but by god you can get one spiffy Fiat Barchetta! Also, Forza lets you mess with the cars. I always hated that on GT! You couldn't paint the damn cars after you bought them, except in the stupid "RACING MOD" colors. Forza lets you make your own "Racing MOD" designs. Also, Forza lets you make your own soundtracks.

As far as physics, I went straight from GT2 to Forza and found that Forza was CONSIDERABLY more realistic and unforgiving than GT. Going back and playing GT is almost boring now.
Old 06-30-2006, 04:52 PM
12 Second Club

I like GT4 alot, ive been playing it for ever. Whats the best racing game on ps2 besides GT4?
Old 06-30-2006, 05:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Been a while since I posted in this thread, but after playing more of both games, Forza still smashes GT4 by a long shot.

Forza is not only just plain more fun, but I like the mod system better, the car selection a HELL of a lot better (what's the point of 700 cars when only 100 are any good fun to drive), and most importantly, the sound effects. Forza's sound effects are right on, in every department. In GT4, everything sounds like an annoying buzz. Not even a "ricer"-buzz, but just an annoying buzz that doesn't even sound like an engine. And the tire screeching in GT4 is BEYOND worse than the sound of nails going down a chalkboard.

With Forza 2 coming out for the 360 (which I'm dying to see), GT5 better be one hell of a game, and needs to be a hell of a lot better in the sound and realism department if it's considered "the ultimate driving simulator"...
Old 06-30-2006, 05:12 PM
Launching!

GT4 sucks.

Forza's cool.
Old 06-30-2006, 07:10 PM
Sex On Wheels

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I like both for diff reasons. For realistic style driving i think GT4 has a better representation of physics. Forza is to acrade style drift racing for me. However i like forza's simulation "career mode" better. Car selection and moding of cars i think is alot cooler. I like both games and play both.

William
Old 06-30-2006, 07:34 PM
Launching!

I find GT4's physics to be ridiculous. Cars do not understeer that much.
Old 07-02-2006, 06:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tailwind
I find GT4's physics to be ridiculous. Cars do not understeer that much.
Exactly. And I can't stand how pointless the FWD cars are in GT4, and how pointless the $50K Super-Soft Racing tires are in all the cars with high horsepower because you'll spin like crazy with anything over 400 HP.

GT4's physics are FAR from realistic.
Old 07-02-2006, 11:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Definetly Forza, you can build an insane SS, i cant wait for forza 2
Old 07-03-2006, 12:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

still wondering what a-spec points do....
Old 07-03-2006, 03:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

anyone know if the new Forza will/does have rally racing in it??
Old 07-07-2006, 07:08 PM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

I like the graphics in GT4 alot better but I like the sounds from Forza alot better. As far as handling, I can pretty much fly with an 800HP vette down Tokyo's R34 city course. I have yet to do so with Forza (need more practice).
Old 08-04-2006, 07:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is an entire section of http://www.seatstaysup.com/ devoted to Arcade & Video games. Please take this converstion there.

You user name and password from here, works there.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Forza Motorsport vs. Gran Turismo 4