Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

Uncovered photos of NEW Dodge Challenger! 425hp & 6 speed manual! SMokin hot!

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 12:12 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

New photos.

Oh God.
Old 12-21-2005, 09:38 AM
TECH Addict

That's Fricken Sweet!!!! Thanks for the pics. I hope those hood scoops are functional.
Old 12-21-2005, 01:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

I gotta say the new camaro better be smoking hot!

this new 425hp hemi challenger is kicking the Shelby Ford Mustangs butt.
Old 12-21-2005, 04:30 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by JBsZ06
this new 425hp hemi challenger is kicking the Shelby Ford Mustangs butt.
Sounds like the Challenger SRT-8 will feature a 6.4L Hemi with even more power in addition to the usual SRT enhancements. It may even be modeled after the classic Challenger T/A.
Old 12-22-2005, 02:03 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by TriShield
Sounds like the Challenger SRT-8 will feature a 6.4L Hemi with even more power in addition to the usual SRT enhancements. It may even be modeled after the classic Challenger T/A.
True true, it seems like the new 6.4L will be a 500hp rated engine
Old 12-22-2005, 11:13 AM
TECH Junkie

I am surprised that MPH and DC are not threatening us with rent-a-detectives, lawsuits, and name calling (thieves) for having their "secret squirrel" pictures. I think we owe MPH and DC an apology for "stealing" their "secret internal" documents. Some purple pissing, atheistic, heathen, communist, bastard must have stolen these "confidential" documents (I bet they even washed off the "confidential stamp markings). DC and MPH will probably now purge their staffs and write us all very angry letters (perhaps rent-a-dectives will even knock on our doors).

I am appreciative to DC for not acting like a collection of asshats because we have some of their pictures a little early. It seems that the FBod Father should take a lesson from DC and make friends with his customers instead of peeing them off. I for one have no inclination at this moment to buy another GM product. And, GM should take a class in customer relations, something DC (and even Ford) has obviously done.

A motor that is easily modable is not enough to garner my future dollars. Courtesy and common sense will create a loyal customer base, not threats and jurisprudence.

Thanks DC!!!
Old 12-22-2005, 12:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Neat, now I know what it's gonna look like from my driver's seat:

Old 12-22-2005, 01:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by WECIV
I am surprised that MPH and DC are not threatening us with rent-a-detectives, lawsuits, and name calling (thieves) for having their "secret squirrel" pictures. I think we owe MPH and DC an apology for "stealing" their "secret internal" documents. Some purple pissing, atheistic, heathen, communist, bastard must have stolen these "confidential" documents (I bet they even washed off the "confidential stamp markings). DC and MPH will probably now purge their staffs and write us all very angry letters (perhaps rent-a-dectives will even knock on our doors).

I am appreciative to DC for not acting like a collection of asshats because we have some of their pictures a little early. It seems that the FBod Father should take a lesson from DC and make friends with his customers instead of peeing them off. I for one have no inclination at this moment to buy another GM product. And, GM should take a class in customer relations, something DC (and even Ford) has obviously done.

A motor that is easily modable is not enough to garner my future dollars. Courtesy and common sense will create a loyal customer base, not threats and jurisprudence.

Thanks DC!!!
actually, i believe mph has asked a few different sites to pull down the february cover shot.......the only other site i've seen these pics on was autoweek's forum(http://forums.autoweek.com/thread.js...24942&tstart=0) along with these:

it's interesting that mph was given this cover story.....they also did the "bentley versus 300 srt-8" cover, and have spy shots of the next sebring that dcx put on it's employee website(even crediting mph for the photos)

has this magazine been around very long? someone enlighten me
Old 12-22-2005, 03:30 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by jdustu
has this magazine been around very long? someone enlighten me
They started just over a year ago. If you've never read it you should pick up a few issues or check out their website (www.mph-online.com) as it's very entertaining. Not unlike Top Gear magazine in the UK.
Old 12-22-2005, 04:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Ditto, what TriShield said, that mag is great. When they test drove the Z06 they took it out and streetraced it, no instrument test, they went out and hunted other cars, very good magazine!!!
Old 12-22-2005, 05:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

I picked it up once almost a year ago, i liked it but that was the first and last time i'd seen it for sale.....i like the website too...it just seemed funny to me that they were ahead of the curve on this highly anticipated concept and that they had spy shots(the sebring) that not only was dcx not mad about, but that they actually embraced and promoted on an employee only site....
if there is anyone that knows how to play the hype game perfectly, it's daimlerchrysler.....i'm interested to see what else pops up as we get closer to the naias, because they always seem to use something like this that gets all the attention to hide something crazy....
Old 12-22-2005, 10:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

All I got to say is the SS will be paid off by then and I will out of college and that would make the best car for me EVER!!!!!!!!! I am extremely excited for that........
Old 12-23-2005, 11:40 AM
12 Second Club

I'd pimp the **** outta that thing!
Old 12-30-2005, 07:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

not sure about getting a SOM t/a anymore. Looks like I will shoot for this car instead. Sorry Gm. looks like I will have 2 Dodges in my garage.

Srt-8 version will be insane. Maybe I will hold out for that one. Even throw a supercharger on it!!!!

Although I highly doubt that this car will you can buy for 28k.
Old 12-30-2005, 08:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

the SRT-8 will probably be in the low 40's but would really be the best muscle car out there....(vette doesn't count b/c of $$$) but if anyone looks at the hood more closely (like the pictures of it in motor trend it looks like the hood scoop has flaps, where maybe when you hit it the flaps open the hood!!
Old 12-31-2005, 12:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

Rumor is the 340 hp version starts around 28 grand...

Is it true? Couldn't tell you but its possible considering the 340 hp charger 4 door is ???28,999 base price..

The SRT/8 version should run similiar to the Charger SRT/8 as well.

What options would be available will probably drive the pricing up higher but thats not abnormal.

Nice car although I'd like to see the new Camaro SS thats due out this next week or two (at the Detroit show)
Old 12-31-2005, 10:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

as long as it has a huge hemi and a pistol grip stick shift i am game
Old 12-31-2005, 08:47 PM
12 Second Club

New pics!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!

Old 12-31-2005, 11:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

those last pics looked ps'd to me, especially the exhaust. Also there is not way it will have those brakes or an engine bay that will look like that. But thats a dam nice car
Old 01-01-2006, 01:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by zlover129
those last pics looked ps'd to me, especially the exhaust. Also there is not way it will have those brakes or an engine bay that will look like that. But thats a dam nice car

yeah it will, it's a concept........those pics are real pics of said concept

Quick Reply: Uncovered photos of NEW Dodge Challenger! 425hp & 6 speed manual! SMokin hot!