Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

Chrysler To Show 4 Door Imperial Concept At Detroit

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 04:27 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chrysler To Show 4 Door Imperial Concept At Detroit

http://detroit-auto-show.autoblog.co...man-s-phantom/

Blah, I never much cared for the Rolls-Royce Phantom which means I immediately don't care for this thing. The color is a big put off as well. I'm sure though that if DC did build it, it'd be a hit amongst the hip hop, 26 inch rims, spinners community. No I'm not being racist. Personally my tastes put the Viper based but Hemi powered Chrysler Firepower of last year ahead of this thing. If they put whatever manual transmission will be under this years Challenger into the Firepower concept of last year and build it... w00t. Would make a heck of a replacement for the somewhat overpriced and unloved Crossfire. Back to the lecture at hand, I'm not really feeling the Imperial. An interesting effort by DC, but if you ask me what's likely to happen is that a few of the design cues from the Imperial will end up on an updated 300 in a year or two.
Old 01-04-2006, 06:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

i posted pics of this last week and i think it got one response, so i'm guessing you're not the only one "not feeling it"......i think they want to market it as an upscale 300...i understand you want to strike while the irons hot, but they may be pushing the upper limits of chrysler's name with this one.....

personally, i dig the suicide doors......the thing that dcx is doing is showing the versatility of a single platform, which decreases the cost of putting out new cars, thus minimizing the risk of a car like this....

i've heard more firepower rumors popping up lately......some folks were slotting it between the crossfire and the viper, but i think you're right, they should eliminate the x-fire.....it could be the lightweight car the hemi has been BEGGING for....of course then they'd have to up the ante with the viper, but the z06 has already forced them to do some heavy thinking on that....
Old 01-06-2006, 11:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

Don't like the Imperial either. I haven't liked any Imperial that ChryCo. had come up with in the past. I don't see this particular sedan as having a snowballs chance in hell of being built because it would compete in the marketplace with some of Mercedes' sedans, which I'm sure is verboten within DC.
Old 01-06-2006, 04:20 PM
Staging Lane

That is one of the ugliest cars I've ever seen. I can't believe anyone would find it attractive.
Old 01-06-2006, 05:07 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Not my cup of tea, but I like how they're able to step out of the box of typical car design. Yes it resembles a Phantom, but it looks like a throw back to the days when American cars were each distinctive and made a statement. DCx seems to have found that kind of philosophy again in the past year or so. Hats off 2 DC.

Quick Reply: Chrysler To Show 4 Door Imperial Concept At Detroit