Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

Lamborghini Miura Revealed

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2006, 01:58 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lamborghini Miura Revealed

http://autoblog.com/2006/01/06/lambo...-in-the-flesh/

First off, before you even say it recognize that the original Miura was inspired by the GT40. Very heavily I might add. So if it looks like a GT40 which in turn makes it look like the current Ford GT and you somehow feel a need to come in here and bash the GT40 or GT because they come from Ford and Ford sucks etc... GTFO of this thread.

As for the Miura, it's rumored to be packing somewhere around 700hp. Seems kind of odd that a company would give it's flagship a retro design whereas it's two lesser models would push a more creased, futuristic design. Honestly, while this concept pays homage to the original Miura, and while the original is a damn sexy car which makes this a damn sexy car, I can't help but think of all the criticism this thing will get for resembling a Ford GT. Most people are stupid and do not know that the original was inspired by the GT40 so they'll immediately bash this car for being similar in shape to a GT.

Not only that, but with so many possibilities, it's not like Lamborghini had to go with a retro design. I mean come on, that's just lazy. Yes they're paying homage to the original, but it's almost too close to the original. I kind of liked the computer renderings done by various folks that had this think looking like a cross between the current Ford GT but with edgier lines a la Gallardo and Murcielago. If you ask me, this concept is a bit too retro. I'd be fine if they kept the shape, but I'd like some sharper creases and some edgy fascias that keep the car more in line with it's Murc and Gallardo siblings.

Mechanically speaking, the car is dervied from the Audi R8 platform, which itself is derived from the Lamborghini Gallardo platform. There are rumors of a supposed 6.5L V12 engine produing around 650 - 700hp - mounted longitudinally as opposed to transversely as was the case with the original - and that Lamborghini would go with a version of the DSG gearbox currently used in many VWs and Audis instead of Lamborghinis own current paddle shift gearbox dubbed (E-Gear). Rumors of some form of Quattro AWD have also been thrown around. Personally since they're going with a retro design I'd prefer that they keep the car true to it's roots with a true 6 speed clutch and stick manual and a RWD layout for the ultimate Lamborghini. RWD would allow for a lower curb weight and well, true sports cars should be shifted manually, not by computer.

2006 Lamborghini Miura NAIAS Concept

1966 Lamborghini Miura P400

1971 Lamborghini Miura P400 SV

Last edited by bruddah_man_matt; 01-06-2006 at 02:09 PM.
Old 01-06-2006, 02:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

This is one of my childhood favorites.

The new version is probably my favorite super exotica!

TOo expensive for me to buy yet I sure can admire it.

Wow!
Old 01-06-2006, 03:44 PM
NKAWTG...N

so damn hawt
Old 01-06-2006, 06:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Dang, I am in love!!!
Old 01-06-2006, 06:56 PM
TECH Junkie

How do you pronounce that name? I am from Alabama and as such my Italian is not up to speed.

Quick Reply: Lamborghini Miura Revealed