Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

Discovery Shoots Top Gear US Pilot - Series May Follow

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2006 | 06:07 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by technical
Why is it assumed that Americans need to be spoon fed their own version of a show? Or that we can do it better? I much rather see the original show or movie instead of Hollywood crapping it up and dumb-ing it down for us.
I agree. They did the same thing with BBC's The Office and it pissed me off. Top Gear is perfect as it is and has a big following here due to the internet, I think Discovery is really wasting money shooting a US flavor fo this market when they should just be airing it as is with no edits.
Old 01-27-2006 | 07:40 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TriShield
I agree. They did the same thing with BBC's The Office and it pissed me off. Top Gear is perfect as it is and has a big following here due to the internet, I think Discovery is really wasting money shooting a US flavor fo this market when they should just be airing it as is with no edits.
I dont know i think the office is hilarious. But as far as the top gear goes im pretty sure the people on this board, and fans of the original aren't the "target" audience.
Old 01-30-2006 | 09:23 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TriShield
Are you joking? The hosts and their wit MAKE the show. Discovery will be lucky if they can even get half the entertainment and hard hitting opinions of the original.

Word. Some people can't take a joke, I think they are hysterical. Does the original show still air on the Discovery Channel? I've seen it listed on Discovery Science, but I dont get that channel.
Old 01-31-2006 | 12:03 AM
TECH Addict

If you like the show, try reading the mag, you can get it at Barnes & Noble, it's alot like the show, some of the articles are pretty damn funny
Old 01-31-2006 | 12:03 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by HandsomeBWouderful
Word. Some people can't take a joke, I think they are hysterical. Does the original show still air on the Discovery Channel? I've seen it listed on Discovery Science, but I dont get that channel.
It was but they edited all the reviews to make them shorter and the hosts reshot some of the scenes.

Quick Reply: Discovery Shoots Top Gear US Pilot - Series May Follow