Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

No Need To Borrow Honda V6s Anymore: Meet The Saturn Vue Redline (Spyshots)

Old 01-05-2007, 02:41 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Need To Borrow Honda V6s Anymore: Meet The Saturn Vue Redline (Spyshots)

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/01/05/s...-vue-red-line/

The next Saturn Vue will without a doubt a much more stylish SUV/CUV as its based on the slick looking Opel Antara. I almost wish GM carried the new Antara name over to the Saturn model but hey, at least they're working with a better design this time around. The hottet up Redline version will use a GM 3.6L DOHC HF V6 this time around as opposed to the first gen Vue which used a Honda sourced 3.5L unit in its V6 models. The engine will be mated to a 6 speed automatic this time around as opposed to a 5 speed and oddly enough its rated at 250hp in this application whereas the "lesser" Equinox Sport gets 263hp. Hopefully the Redline at least gets a set of paddle shifters which the Equinox Sport unfortunately does not get. The V6 will drive either the fronts or all 4 wheels and later in the year be available with a 5 speed manual. That's the one area I wish GM upped the ante. I know the 5 speed is probably there as an option to be nothing more than a money saver but this thing really should have 6 speeds across the board be it manual or automatic transmissions.

2008 Saturn Vue Redline:

2007 Opel Antara:

Old 01-05-2007, 04:41 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not a fan of the outside but the interior doesn't look to bad.
-Joel

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: No Need To Borrow Honda V6s Anymore: Meet The Saturn Vue Redline (Spyshots)