Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

GT 500 commercial

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2007 | 11:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

I liked the commercial......i remeber seeing it at a friends house with a room full of alot of people, the blower whine made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

For a GM fan its depressing, ford has a pony car in the market that they can advertise and we dont..........yet
Old 02-15-2007 | 03:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by GMmexican
I liked the commercial......i remeber seeing it at a friends house with a room full of alot of people, the blower whine made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

For a GM fan its depressing, ford has a pony car in the market that they can advertise and we dont..........yet
Ford needs forced incudction to make 500 and well GM needs forced induction when they want 650... Look into the ford huricane motors Ford has been working on forever... They cant figure out how to make the HPs on motor so throw on a blower. With all the new RWD GMs that are coming out and all the V8s that will be out its gona be like the 60s and early 70s all over again!
Old 02-15-2007 | 05:17 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by CAMJAG
Ford needs forced incudction to make 500 and well GM needs forced induction when they want 650... Look into the ford huricane motors Ford has been working on forever... They cant figure out how to make the HPs on motor so throw on a blower. With all the new RWD GMs that are coming out and all the V8s that will be out its gona be like the 60s and early 70s all over again!
I think his GMmexican's line of thinking is more along the lines of "a blown V8 is better than no V8." Talk all the **** you want about what GM "will have in a year or two" but unfortunately as it stands they ain't really got **** on the Mustang at the moment.

Hey man, if anything give credit where credit is due. If the S197 Mustang didn't turn out to be the sales success that it is, GM AND Dodge might never have felt compelled to produce the upcoming 5th Gen Camaro and resurrected Challenger. Additionally you can bitch about how Ford "needs to apply forced induction" but the simple fact of the matter is that a 500hp Mustang is a kick in the ***** from Ford to Chevy and Dodge that will inherently result in a 500hp Camaro and a 500hp Challenger. Ok so maybe they won't all hit the big 5 double oh in the hp rating department, but you can bet your *** that GM and Ford will at least put up a big fight in an attempt to take the GT500 down.
Old 02-15-2007 | 08:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bruddah_man_matt
I think his GMmexican's line of thinking is more along the lines of "a blown V8 is better than no V8." Talk all the **** you want about what GM "will have in a year or two" but unfortunately as it stands they ain't really got **** on the Mustang at the moment.

Hey man, if anything give credit where credit is due. If the S197 Mustang didn't turn out to be the sales success that it is, GM AND Dodge might never have felt compelled to produce the upcoming 5th Gen Camaro and resurrected Challenger. Additionally you can bitch about how Ford "needs to apply forced induction" but the simple fact of the matter is that a 500hp Mustang is a kick in the ***** from Ford to Chevy and Dodge that will inherently result in a 500hp Camaro and a 500hp Challenger. Ok so maybe they won't all hit the big 5 double oh in the hp rating department, but you can bet your *** that GM and Ford will at least put up a big fight in an attempt to take the GT500 down.
Yes if it weren't for v6 Mustangs the Camaro and Firebird would still be around, however the mustang is also the reason why they are coming back. I will give credit where credit is due, as to it took all this time for a mustang to be faster then an f body and it takes Corvette territory to do it

The battle is actually between GM and Dodge to have the baddest retro car. I mean the greatest v8 ever built is already 10 years old and it gets better year by year with all new series motors. Standard v8s will be pushin over 400, you will see a 505 hp na camaro under 50 k. Im not talkin **** about GM i love them I mean they do have to most publicity with the camaro over the challanger over the shelby. Just becuase it is pushing more ponys dosent mean they dont have **** on them. V6 stangs = sales. New camaro = the biggest crowd surrounding one car at auto shows. The general public is gona win the battle of muscle car wars. F body died once from v6 stang sales the people who love these cars arent gona save it... Im not tryin to start some back and forth BS im just stating some facts. Well heres to the new camaro and

Last edited by CAMJAG; 02-15-2007 at 10:23 PM.
Old 02-16-2007 | 08:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CAMJAG
Shelby GT 500 Commercial

Suprised no one has posted it yet so here it is

I want to have my Z06 fly to 5000 RPM while in the rain!

That Ford commercial is a hell of a lot better than the GM commericals though.

I think the only company with worse commericals is Mazda...

Zoom, zoom, old man and dog WTF.

If GM wants to sell more Corvettes than don't ever show a Corvette next to a Cobolt (of course the Corvette doesn't need commercials to sell at 5k over MSRP). Look at me I bought a Cobolt that has to be SC'ed to have half the horsepower of a base C6!!!

I'm just glad GM didn't stoop to Toyota's level with the gay *** Scion showing you everything you need to do to void you warranty. Ooop, look at that you put a CD changer in there, well I'm sorry your crankshaft broke but the changer MUST have had something to do with it.

Last edited by Genesis_26317; 02-16-2007 at 08:33 PM.

Quick Reply: GT 500 commercial