Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

Motor Trend & Automobile Magazines Put Up For Sale

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 03:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motor Trend & Automobile Magazines Put Up For Sale

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Source: Automotive News email Alert

DETROIT -- Primedia Inc. said today that it is exploring the sale of its Enthusiast Media segment of special-interest magazines and Web sites, which includes the monthly "buff books" Motor Trend and Automobile.

The enthusiast segment reported revenues of more than $500 million in 2006. The segment also includes the Automotive.com Web site and Hot Rod magazine, as well as TV shows, special events and branded products.

Primedia CEO Dean Nelson said the company would use proceeds from a sale of the Enthusiast Media segment to pay down corporate debt.

Nelson said Primedia also is looking at spinning off its Consumer Source business, which publishes and distributes free print and online consumer guides, including an auto guide.

But he said the public company's board "believes the best course of action for Primedia shareholders is exploring the complete sale" of the enthusiast segment.

Primedia has hired the Wall Street investment firms Goldman Sachs and Lehman Bros. to manage the proposed Enthusiast Media sale.
Old 02-09-2007, 03:45 PM
SSU'S Vice Mod

Originally Posted by JBsZ06

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Source: Automotive News email Alert

DETROIT -- Primedia Inc. said today that it is exploring the sale of its Enthusiast Media segment of special-interest magazines and Web sites, which includes the monthly "buff books" Motor Trend and Automobile.

The enthusiast segment reported revenues of more than $500 million in 2006. The segment also includes the Automotive.com Web site and Hot Rod magazine, as well as TV shows, special events and branded products.

Primedia CEO Dean Nelson said the company would use proceeds from a sale of the Enthusiast Media segment to pay down corporate debt.

Nelson said Primedia also is looking at spinning off its Consumer Source business, which publishes and distributes free print and online consumer guides, including an auto guide.

But he said the public company's board "believes the best course of action for Primedia shareholders is exploring the complete sale" of the enthusiast segment.

Primedia has hired the Wall Street investment firms Goldman Sachs and Lehman Bros. to manage the proposed Enthusiast Media sale.
****...just as long as they don't **** with anything Freiburger has been doing with Hot Rod.
Old 02-09-2007, 06:04 PM
TECH Resident

Fak, I kind of like Automobile so I hope nothing bad in terms of change comes of this sale if it goes down.

Of course ALL AUTO MAGAZINES (including Automobile) bend over and bow down to EVO and CAR. Simply put, these two British rags ******* own all comers. They flat out put the two big American Automotive review rags (M/T and C/D) to shame and they also manage to pimp slap R/T and Automobile. Straight up no bullshit reviews and simply stunning and awesome photography. Best $20 I ever spent on a pair of magazines when I bought my first issue of each a few years ago. If only they weren't $80 each for yearly subscriptions. I guess you get what you pay for.

On second thought, maybe the British should buy Automobile.

Last edited by bruddah_man_matt; 02-09-2007 at 06:12 PM.

Quick Reply: Motor Trend & Automobile Magazines Put Up For Sale