Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

Chrysler Lifetime Powertrain Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 10:11 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Chrysler Lifetime Powertrain Warranty

I'm sorry if this has already been posted but I didn't see anything on the front page. I'm sure most of you have already heard about it since it's been in a few commercials during the last week or so but I thought it was worth mentioning:

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/07/26/b...rain-warranty/

What do you guys think of this?

I own a 98 SS Camaro myself and had thought about getting a 5th at some point but news of a warranty like this is making me reconsider something like the Challenger over the new Camaro. I'm sure there are some fine details concerning this type of warranty to steer people with mod afflictions away from using it as a selling point but I'd be pretty stoaked with a similar warranty on GM vehicles.

Edit:

I'd also like to add that even if this doesn't steer me in the direction of a performance vehicle it might influence me in choosing a new daily beater. I think a warranty like this on a new Jeep JT (if they build it) would be quite nice.
Old 07-30-2007, 10:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm wondering how long it's going to go on. If it's still going on next year, we may get my wife a new minivan. Her Montana is getting up there (over 150k miles, and not without problems). I mentioned this to her, said the words "stow and go", and she got all bright eyed. We'll see...
Old 07-30-2007, 11:42 AM
Staging Lane

I'm a little apprehensive that the Warranty may be limited by the life of the company. The other rumblings I've heard is that it doesn't cover the SRT vehicles but I need to find that in print.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:02 PM
11 Second Club

as far as marketing it's an attention grabber

but I'd wager there are some serious fine print happenin'
things that came to my mind were "non-transferable", "deductible", required maintenance at dealerships or authorized shops, and I'd wager something to discourage mods
Old 07-30-2007, 12:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Everyone discourages modding. Mod it and your warranty is gone. However, the current camaro will be the car to mod for me. So a Challenger in black would be sweet. However, I am sure GM will have to answer in kind.

W
Old 07-31-2007, 03:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From what I read, the SRT is excluded, and one condition of the warranty is a "free" checkup / evaluation at least once every 5 years at the dealership.

Though Chrysler has started sealing things like the transmission (no dipstick), so that makes servicing more difficult.
Old 07-31-2007, 04:21 PM
TECH Addict

dont cover srt or diesel vehicles.

Quick Reply: Chrysler Lifetime Powertrain Warranty