Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

New Holden Ute Revealed, Strong Chance It Will Come to US as Chevy or GMC

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 07:09 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hydramatic
It does have history,dude. The El Camino was made here and there, and we stopped making them when the RWD Monte Carlo body style went out of production, partly because the S10 was selling hot enough for the two of them. The aussies never stopped making them IIRC.

And you are MISTAKEN. The BAJA looks like the UTE, not the other way around. Plus, it doesn't look ricerish to me at all. Ricers don't drive 6.0L V8 RWD trucklets.

It has a history of being ugly.
Old 09-05-2007, 10:17 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by pssonu
And yet again, more moronic rambling without a bit of knowledge or sense. With every additional post you make you further discredit the ones that preceded it.
Old 09-06-2007, 07:43 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by mzoomora
And yet again, more moronic rambling without a bit of knowledge or sense. With every additional post you make you further discredit the ones that preceded it.

Old 09-06-2007, 03:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pssonu
so do chevy trucks. :lmao:

but why keep mentioning it?

i mean, if i said the 4thgen camaro is ugly everytime it was mentioned... well.. id have alot more posts.

why bother re-iterating it?

and as for the history thing.. its a aussie ute.. not an elky. there is no El Camino history tied to it. it has its own history, none of which is USA based.

so its not a retro. its not history. it may or maynot be ugly..... but none of these points are really worth posting about again.

it IS however, a good choice for thoes of us that want a car that can haul a dirtbike.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:43 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by MrDude_1

it IS however, a good choice for thoes of us that want a car that can haul a dirtbike.

Ok. Well everyone is entitled to their opinion, and I have already contributed mine. Its not like one person sayin they don't like the El is gonna change your mind about it if you had your heart set on buying it. Not everyone wants,likes, or needs an in between car/truck.

I think its a novel idea, but it is gonna be the only vehicle in its class, and if it does get produced/imported here, it will take a while to catch on. I just imagine it being a flop like the GTO was...

The front end of the car and everything but the BED looks sexy. I dont understand the point of buying one, if I needed something to tow, I would buy a silverado 1500...with a duramax . If I bought the El Camino, I would be too worried about keeping it clean. I would never use the bed for much of anything...

A truck is dedicated for hauling/towing junk, and I could see abusing. A car with a bed..no. If I wanted a fast car, I would buy the 5th gen Camaro. I just would never ever need the bed. For some people that need a dual purpose vehicle great...but its just not for me and that is imho.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:01 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by camarolvr69
Not everyone wants,likes, or needs an in between car/truck.
Not everyone wants, likes or needs any one type of vehicle, otherwise the world would be all pickups or midsize cars- no small trucks, full size cars, SUV's, crossovers, etc. The point id that some people on here like it and in the past this type of vehicle has shown to be a success. With the good sales of crossover vehicles it could possibly do well again with the proper styling.

Also, that quote of mine you used was directed at someone who hasnt given one good reason for anything he said, and is on here strictly to talk trash.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:47 PM
On The Tree

Also, that quote of mine you used was directed at someone who hasnt given one good reason for anything he said, and is on here strictly to talk trash.
Yup its all good man
He just trollin'
Old 09-06-2007, 10:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by camarolvr69
Yup its all good man
He just trollin'

Quick Reply: New Holden Ute Revealed, Strong Chance It Will Come to US as Chevy or GMC