Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

Toyota knows Chevy Trucks are better

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 06:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

45PSI when you start to stop picking and choosing which articles you choose to believe, I may actually take some of what you say seriously...
In another post you crap on JD power becuase they put Buick on top, but you believe MotorTrend and TruckTrend about a Toyota? Those mags are huge inport fans and Edmonds plain sucks.
You can't possibly be a car guy...You are just a Toyota lemming.

OH and look at that timeslip, where it the 13.80 slip you keep talking about?
Old 10-15-2007, 08:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by My1st Truck
45PSI when you start to stop picking and choosing which articles you choose to believe, I may actually take some of what you say seriously...
In another post you crap on JD power becuase they put Buick on top, but you believe MotorTrend and TruckTrend about a Toyota? Those mags are huge inport fans and Edmonds plain sucks.
You can't possibly be a car guy...You are just a Toyota lemming.

OH and look at that timeslip, where it the 13.80 slip you keep talking about?

Don't waste your breath...he was running the 1/8th mile...
Old 10-15-2007, 09:05 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by My1st Truck
In another post you crap on JD power becuase they put Buick on top, but you believe MotorTrend and TruckTrend about a Toyota?
But he didnt like when Motor Trend put the Silverado ahead in a comparison test.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mzoomora
But he didnt like when Motor Trend put the Silverado ahead in a comparison test.
As stated earlier, the Tundra wasnt out yet.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 45psi
That is it? That is all you've got?
Pshaw...
Old 10-15-2007, 09:41 PM
Banned

Even if that were true, do I need to bring up Trucktrend, Edmunds, Car and Driver, Consumer Reports, FieldandStreams.com, Trailorboats.com, North American Truck of the year, the list goes on and on. Go ahead, be in denial, while the Tundra keeps getting top honors.

http://www.trailerboats.com/output.cfm?id=1210051

Enjoy your column shifting 4 speed!
Old 10-15-2007, 09:51 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by brianfromhawaii
toyota uses gm drivetrain parts...
Originally Posted by IFRYRCE
No, they don't. Period.
LIAR!!! Do a search.

Do a search on ummm what engines Toyota uses in their forklifts... I guess Toyota engines can't hack super high duty from continous abuse in an industrial enviroment.

I am fairly sure that Toyota uses other GM designs as well as outsourced designs.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:52 PM
Banned

O forgot about Popular Mechanics Magazine, rated the Tundra above Silverado. Find me a real truck to compare it to! Just like Consumer Reports had to, when they tested the Tundra against the Big 3 desiels, where it towed 8000lb's faster than any of them.

""According to the CR test results, the new 5.7 tundra it is a little faster than the diesel 2500 chevy and F250 when pulling a 7400lb trailer to 60mph.
Tundra 16.1 seconds, Chevy 17, Ford 18.9.

It smoked the 1/2 ton chevy and ford.

Chevy 22.6 seconds, Ford 24.1
These numbers do dispel a few myths.

I know The Tundra it not a 3/4 ton and not as great for a long heavy tow but I think this is pretty impressive.

CR's overall trip/mixed MPG for the tundra was 18. That is exactly my average.
The diesel F250 13, 2500 chevy 17,

1/2 ton chevy 18, ford 17.

CR did think the TRD ride was "Jittery".

http://www.pickuptruck.com/html/news...ews/cr073.html

"Mr. Champion says, “at 10,300-pounds, the Tundra’s towing capacity rivals that of the heavy-duty diesel trucks."

Find me any articles comparing the Silverado to desiels. Not even in the same class, matter of fact, not in the same sentence. Go buy a real truck!
Old 10-15-2007, 09:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 2002_Z28_Six_Speed
LIAR!!! Do a search. Don't think just because you believe you are an expert and you believe something that it is true.

Do a search on ummm what engines Toyota uses in their forklifts...

I am fairly sure that Toyota uses other GM designs as well as outsourced designs.
What the hell are you talking about. The engines are totally different! No parts are interchangeable. Ones a 4 cam dohc and the other is a pushrod. One has a 4 speed, the other has a 6 speed. Secondly, why are you talking about forklifts? Third, did you not know, that GM outsources Isuzu on their Duramax?
Old 10-15-2007, 10:11 PM
TECH Veteran

What the hell are you talking about. The engines are totally different! No parts are interchangeable. Ones a 4 cam dohc and the other is a pushrod. One has a 4 speed, the other has a 6 speed. Secondly, why are you talking about forklifts? Third, did you not know, that GM outsources Isuzu on their Duramax?
You must of just commented to rant if you don't even know what this was in relation to and you didn't even search to verify the information.

Read.
Research.
Finally, comment.

Here is more of Toyota using GM parts
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpag...54C0A965958260
Old 10-15-2007, 10:14 PM
14 Second Truck Club

You better recheck that, and also car and driver also ranked the chevy ahead in a comparison. I posted the links before, do I really need to do it again? Is your memory that short?

Also, 2007 North american truck of the year did go to the Chevy also.

http://www.chevrolet.com/silverado/comparison/awards/

The next 2 included the Tundra, so stop fooling yourself. The Silverado beat it head to head.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...a/details.html

http://www.caranddriver.com/comparis...ouble-cab.html

http://www.cartest.ca/2007_us_car_and_truck_of_the.htm

Also, read the Car And Driver article, the QC 4x4 Tundra ran a 14.9, which means that the previous posters similarly set up Denali is faster.

Oh, Im sorry, is that not what you wanted to read? Car And Driver, Motor Trend, North American Truck Of The Year.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:16 PM
Banned

You must of just commented to rant if you don't even know what this was in relation to and you didn't even search to verify the information.

Read.
Research.
Finally, comment.
Dude, your talking about forklifts. Why dont you post the article or thread were you read this from.

What about GM using Toyota for the Pontiac Vibe? Still no answer on that Isuzu Duramax motor for the GM?
Old 10-15-2007, 10:22 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Dude, your talking about forklifts. Why dont you post the article or thread were you read this from.

What about GM using Toyota for the Pontiac Vibe? Still no answer on that Isuzu Duramax motor for the GM?
Read the article, it is about GM making Camry engine blocks.

"Starting in mid-1994, G.M.'s foundry in Defiance, Ohio, will produce up to 180,000 engine blocks a year for Toyota's four-cylinder engine, used in the Toyota Camry built in Georgetown, Ky."
Old 10-15-2007, 10:25 PM
Teching In

45 PSI, its funny how you have no comment on the Denali time slip. I'll ask again. Where is your time slip from the Turdra?
Old 10-15-2007, 10:26 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Either your reading comprehension is worse than a pre-schooler or you smoke so much pot that you have absolutely no short term memory. Or maybe it is that blind dedication to Toyota that keeps you from seeing the facts in front of you. I had to repost links that I had already posted earlier in this thread just to prove you wrong again.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by greebler
45 PSI, its funny how you have no comment on the Denali time slip. I'll ask again. Where is your time slip from the Turdra?
What the **** can he say...what a ******* dork...He does the **** just to **** people off and his best source of info sucks.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:28 PM
Banned

You better recheck that, and also car and driver also ranked the chevy ahead in a comparison. I posted the links before, do I really need to do it again? Is your memory that short?

Also, 2007 North american truck of the year did go to the Chevy also.

http://www.chevrolet.com/silverado/comparison/awards/

The next 2 included the Tundra, so stop fooling yourself. The Silverado beat it head to head.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...a/details.html

http://www.caranddriver.com/comparis...ouble-cab.html

http://www.cartest.ca/2007_us_car_and_truck_of_the.htm

Also, read the Car And Driver article, the QC 4x4 Tundra ran a 14.9, which means that the previous posters similarly set up Denali is faster.

Oh, Im sorry, is that not what you wanted to read? Car And Driver, Motor Trend, North American Truck Of The Year.
Nice try on the Cartest reports. It was posted on January 7, when the Tundra was not released!

Again, read the Caranddriver report. Its more of a truck than the Silverado. It won due to the interior and more car like feel. No win imo!

Due a search on the Tundra on here. MAtter of fact, scroll up to the top to trucks and search on Tundra. There are plenty of vids, of the Tundra running high 13's to low 14's.

Once again, Motortrend own words:

A superior powertrain, more room, and clever packaging

Yet the Tundra's 5.7 is such a stormer, even the bigger engine wouldn't have been enough for the Chevy to overcome the Toyota's performance advantage.

Once again, an anemic, cute truck wins the interior department. Wow
Old 10-15-2007, 10:30 PM
TECH Veteran

Why does it matter? It was stated Toyota doesn't use anyone else's stuff and I proved it wrong.

The Vibe/Martix was a JOINT PROJECT. Not like a rebadged vehicle which Toyota did with the Cavalier. Didn't know about that one did you?

Many of the projects between Isuzu and GM had a significant number of man hours done in the US.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:31 PM
Banned

Read.
Research.
Finally, comment.

Here is more of Toyota using GM parts
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpag...54C0A965958260

Dude, you jump from forklifts, to cars built in 94. This whole discussion has been about Tundras, were you insisted that the Tundra has GM parts
Old 10-15-2007, 10:34 PM
Banned

Why does it matter? It was stated Toyota doesn't use anyone else's stuff and I proved it wrong.

The Vibe/Martix was a JOINT PROJECT. Not like a rebadged vehicle which Toyota did with the Cavalier. Didn't know about that one did you?

Many of the projects between Isuzu and GM had a significant number of man hours done in the US.
Just like it was a joint venture for Japan and the US:

""
an example of what Japanese auto makers say is their growing effort to reduce trade frictions with the United States. ""

So whats the difference?

Same thing that Yamaha did with the Taurus and other Domestic vehicles.

Quick Reply: Toyota knows Chevy Trucks are better